LEEDS MBA 2010 Intake

This thread is for LUBS/Leeds MBA aspirants for 2010 intake. Those with an admit, current students and alumni; do help us in the application, interviews and other fruitful discussions. There are more than 2300 Leeds alumni in India (officia…

This thread is for LUBS/Leeds MBA aspirants for 2010 intake.
Those with an admit, current students and alumni; do help us in the application, interviews and other fruitful discussions.

There are more than 2300 Leeds alumni in India (official information).

Leeds India/South Asia website : http://www.leedsindia.com/
The Leeds MBA webite : MBA Courses - The Leeds MBA - Leeds University Business School

Cheers !:)

Has any one got an offer from them and also got a feedback on the scholarship? Any idea on what basis are they awarded?

gcr16 Says
Has any one got an offer from them and also got a feedback on the scholarship? Any idea on what basis are they awarded?

I have an offer from Leeds. Regarding scholarships, the office informed me that all successful applications are considered for scolarships. These will be declared in late May or early June after the international applications deadline. These are purely based on merit. Hope this helps :)

Do you have an offer from Leeds too?
I have an offer from Leeds. Regarding scholarships, the office informed me that all successful applications are considered for scolarships. These will be declared in late May or early June after the international applications deadline. These are purely based on merit. Hope this helps :)

I too have an unconditional offer from Leeds........will be putting in the application for scholarships soon.......hoping to land up smethin atleast.......:)
aks_27 Says
I too have an unconditional offer from Leeds........will be putting in the application for scholarships soon.......hoping to land up smethin atleast.......:)

Definitely u will..:cheerio:
aks_27 Says

Are you planning to take up Leeds?

Yup..unconditional

But I aint getting no schol...

hi all Thanx for starting thread for leeds!!i am planning to apply for leeds although i havent taken my gmat yet..can anyone help me with the safe date for exam?
also can u all guys please share ur profile.
i am IT male 3.1 yrs exp,i left my job in september 2009 coz of medical reason.
good ec
scores above 75% till 12th
69% in degree with 81% in final

do i stand any chance with this profile?please help me out

Sandeep, With only 3.1 yrs of experience and now 4 months of a gap i think it will be a tough call...though u might get a call due to a wonderful profile including extra curricular and career progression..

Leeds doesnt require you to take the GMAT but it is good to have to improve your app..I would suggest preparing a wonderful SOP and apply - at most they will ask you to apply next year!

HTH

hi all Thanx for starting thread for leeds!!i am planning to apply for leeds although i havent taken my gmat yet..can anyone help me with the safe date for exam?
also can u all guys please share ur profile.
i am IT male 3.1 yrs exp,i left my job in september 2009 coz of medical reason.
good ec
scores above 75% till 12th
69% in degree with 81% in final

do i stand any chance with this profile?please help me out

I got an unconditional offer from Leeds. They communicated that I was not successful in securing the scholarship.

With Leeds out of FT ranking, just wondering would this be a good option?

I've an admit from IIML also for 1 yr Ex-MBA program.

I got an unconditional offer from Leeds. They communicated that I was not successful in securing the scholarship.

With Leeds out of FT ranking, just wondering would this be a good option?

I've an admit from IIML also for 1 yr Ex-MBA program.

CONGRATULATIONS...FOR THE ADMIT..
Well..don't just go with the rankings..ofcourse they matter..& Rankingsr r one of the most imp..criteria for the school's credibility..but don't just go with them blindly...see leeds was included in the previous yrs..& the Most imp Fact is that..it has lots of indian alumni..that means..the Leeds MBA might have a decent recognition in Indian companies (HR)..& somehow that is important..if u plan to come back..

However..this doesn't mean..that u should exclude other good UK schools..but what I feel & with the ongoing discussions..with Bhailog..I'm sure that Leeds is going to be a wonderful option..specially to have a future in India..!

WHat others think about it ? Plz give some input on this.

Which other UK schools have u applied/admitted ??

Hey puys..
Need help & guidance for the Leeds i/v..
I got this mail.. "You will be interviewed by the Leeds MBA Admissions Director, Mary Landen, and it will take about half an hour".

Did any1..faced an i/w by her..?

Hey puys..
Need help & guidance for the Leeds i/v..
I got this mail.. "You will be interviewed by the Leeds MBA Admissions Director, Mary Landen, and it will take about half an hour".

Did any1..faced an i/w by her..?

she was d one who i/v me.......d questions will b pretty general.........related to ur wrk profile......and since both of us hav completely different profile.......d common questions might b d usual ones.......WHY MBA?How Leeds MBA is going to help?Why MBA after studyin medicine........etc

Furthermore it will b gud if u can demonstrate tht u hav wrked in team and tht u hav a complete understandin of d team dynamics.......al said n dne u need not get tensed.......it will b a very chilled out i/v session...............will b like a general chat......but thn u plz c 2 it tht u dont drop d guard......

ALL THE BEST........:)
CONGRATULATIONS...FOR THE ADMIT..
Well..don't just go with the rankings..ofcourse they matter..& Rankingsr r one of the most imp..criteria for the school's credibility..but don't just go with them blindly...see leeds was included in the previous yrs..& the Most imp Fact is that..it has lots of indian alumni..that means..the Leeds MBA might have a decent recognition in Indian companies (HR)..& somehow that is important..if u plan to come back..

However..this doesn't mean..that u should exclude other good UK schools..but what I feel & with the ongoing discussions..with Bhailog..I'm sure that Leeds is going to be a wonderful option..specially to have a future in India..!

WHat others think about it ? Plz give some input on this.

Which other UK schools have u applied/admitted ??

I second d thought tht rankings r not THE MOST imp criteria to judge a school....moreover they hav dropped out of rankings 'coz the non participation of their alumni in d survey tht FT carries out.....ther is no doubtin d fact tht Leeds career services is amongst d best in business......and after one year dis is wat matters d most.....
she was d one who i/v me.......d questions will b pretty general.........related to ur wrk profile......and since both of us hav completely different profile.......d common questions might b d usual ones.......WHY MBA?How Leeds MBA is going to help?Why MBA after studyin medicine........etc

Furthermore it will b gud if u can demonstrate tht u hav wrked in team and tht u hav a complete understandin of d team dynamics.......al said n dne u need not get tensed.......it will b a very chilled out i/v session...............will b like a general chat......but thn u plz c 2 it tht u dont drop d guard......

ALL THE BEST........:)

Hey aks..
Shall I ask her..about the reason for the exclusion of Leeds from FT rankings..if at all she asks me to put any Qs..? So would this Qs be taken in a Grey/Negative aspect..what do u think on this ?

..@ Dropping the Guard..matlab ? U mean I should be very Formal..?
Hey aks..
Shall I ask her..about the reason for the exclusion of Leeds from FT rankings..if at all she asks me to put any Qs..? So would this Qs be taken in a Grey/Negative aspect..what do u think on this ?

..@ Dropping the Guard..matlab ? U mean I should be very Formal..?

actually u can ask d exclusion question......these ppl r very open in all such matters......

@Dropping the guard.......u shud not b too casual in ur answers and remarks........:)

Hello Evryone.....finally was able to find out d name of one of the Leeds alumnus.....he is in India and professionally is a very successful person......

aks_27 Says
Hello Evryone.....finally was able to find out d name of one of the Leeds alumnus.....he is in India and professionally is a very successful person......

Hey aks_27,

Are you going to write to him? If yes, I think we all should pool our questions and send it in one consolidated mail. Its much better than 10 different ppl shooting 10 mails. What do you think??
Hey aks_27,

Are you going to write to him? If yes, I think we all should pool our questions and send it in one consolidated mail. Its much better than 10 different ppl shooting 10 mails. What do you think??

Yes that would be nice..to have the first-hand information..