LEAD - Navi Mumbai

About LEAD : LEAD is a group of young people united by a desire to educate and thereby, change destinies. Love, Education and the Aspiration to change Destinies that is what LEAD stands for. LEAD is also an attempt to create lea…

About LEAD :

LEAD
is a group of young people united by a desire to educate and thereby, change destinies. Love, Education and the Aspiration to change Destinies that is what LEAD stands for. LEAD is also an attempt to create leaders, individuals who step up and take the responsibility to initiate change, although they havent been asked to do so.
We endeavour to make education accessible to the children of migrant and non-migrant labourers and slum dwellers in Airoli (a suburb of Navi Mumbai), in the state of Maharashtra in India. We help with admissions, provide extra curricular help through daily sessions aimed at making learning fun and visit the families of our children to ensure that their education receives adequate family support.
How can you contribute :
By making a difference in the life of a child... you will make an even bigger difference in your own life!

1) Volunteer for various activities and project.
2) Participate in medical camp and counseling sessions.
3) Share new and bright ideas.
4) Be the Change-Maker in your locality & re-demonstrate the Power of One.
5) Support education of underprivileged children.
6) Help Government, NGOs to reach to the needy individuals.
7) Monetary contributions as low as Rs.100/- are very valuable to LEAD.
Donate in kind - New/Old- Toys/ Games/ Note-books/ Stationary/ Food/ Clothes/ School bags/ shoes/ chappals/ etc.

Class timings:
Weekdays: Saturdays: Sundays:

Batch1: 10am-12pm
Batch1: 2.30-4.30pm Batch1: 10am-12pm
Batch2: 2.30pm-4.30pm Batch2: 5-7pm Batch2: 2.30-4.30pm
Batch3: 6.30pm-8pm
Opening our hearts....
...to open their minds!
Links : LEAD airoli - Google Profile
Youtube : YouTube - leadatairoli's Channel

I am a volunteer , are you one .......... ?

h i and my team of friends have started a NGO Aashayein in Mumbai to help street children .This year we are planning to encourage them to learn various computer technologies like ADOBE,TALLY,POWERPOINT etc so that it can open new avenues for them, show them what is the impact of computers in todays world and if they wish they make an earning by learning these skills , most of them have basic computer knowledge as in to start and shut down computer ,browsing internet etc . The children are of age group 8-16 years.they go to school foe education , we also organise workshop to teach them skills like carpentery, wielding,bike workshop etc to make their own earning.

I need some powerpoint presentaions and videos which could help me make these children to computers and i have plans to nake the children join the courses in nearby computer centers. Also i need ideas and views to be used in order to encourage other peope and friends to join my cause .

can anyone help me in getting these ppts and videos? u can mail me ur views and stuffs that u have on [email protected]

h i and my team of friends have started a NGO Aashayein in Mumbai to help street children .This year we are planning to encourage them to learn various computer technologies like ADOBE,TALLY,POWERPOINT etc so that it can open new avenues for them, show them what is the impact of computers in todays world and if they wish they make an earning by learning these skills , most of them have basic computer knowledge as in to start and shut down computer ,browsing internet etc . The children are of age group 8-16 years.they go to school foe education , we also organise workshop to teach them skills like carpentery, wielding,bike workshop etc to make their own earning.

I need some powerpoint presentaions and videos which could help me make these children to computers and i have plans to nake the children join the courses in nearby computer centers. Also i need ideas and views to be used in order to encourage other peope and friends to join my cause .

can anyone help me in getting these ppts and videos? u can mail me ur views and stuffs that u have on *****

Hi Baphai,

Nice initiative, but please edit your thread and remove the mail id. Its against the PG rules. If anyone can contribute, they ll post here. You can pm them or they ll pm you for further details.

Regards,
How can you contribute :
By making a difference in the life of a child... you will make an even bigger difference in your own life!
1) Volunteer for various activities and project.
2) Participate in medical camp and counseling sessions.
3) Share new and bright ideas.
4) Be the Change-Maker in your locality & re-demonstrate the Power of One.
5) Support education of underprivileged children.
6) Help Government, NGOs to reach to the needy individuals.
7) Monetary contributions as low as Rs.100/- are very valuable to LEAD.
Donate in kind - New/Old- Toys/ Games/ Note-books/ Stationary/ Food/ Clothes/ School bags/ shoes/ chappals/ etc.
Class timings:
Weekdays: Saturdays: Sundays:
Batch1: 10am-12pm Batch1: 2.30-4.30pm Batch1: 10am-12pm
Batch2: 2.30pm-4.30pm Batch2: 5-7pm Batch2: 2.30-4.30pm
Batch3: 6.30pm-8pm
Opening our hearts....
...to open their minds!
Links : LEAD airoli - Google Profile
Youtube : YouTube - leadatairoli's Channel
I am a volunteer , are you one .......... ?

Amodh Sir... aapne initiate kiya to kuch accha hi hoga , please count me in... I am moving to Navi Mumbai, so I can try for active participation .

P.S. Please bother to pick my call sometimes.... or if possible you may shall do the honours of calling me instead.

Thanks.

can anyone help me in getting these ppts and videos? u can mail me ur views and stuffs that u have on ***************

Please contact prem_ravi, Pallavi Puri and Amodh they may provide you with direction and stuff you may require.

And delete your Email ID as well.

Thanks.