LBSIM Batch of 2006-2008

Hi Puys, A brand new thread for ppl who have taken admission/ definately going to take admission to LBSIM batch of 2006 - 2008. Lets continue the discussion and get to know each other before college starts… Cheers!

Hi Puys,

A brand new thread for ppl who have taken admission/ definately going to take admission to LBSIM batch of 2006 - 2008. Lets continue the discussion and get to know each other before college starts.. Cheers!

....At last a thread for LBS.
I felt that this college doesnt advertise much in the newspapers etc as other insitis do. Also @PG , LBS had just one dedicated thread as opposed to other instis (life @xyz , gdpi calls @xyz , etc ). So good work Venky.
I hope the Mods here do not object to it.
People start pouring in !!!

Ya,
I guess mods would respect the fact that we respect the space constraints on PG and dont unnecessariliy open up threads ...

This thread serves a very specific purpose..So i guess it should be allowed to continue :)

Btw, im in office, would continue after going home ( Before i get caught!!)

Pour in with your thoughts ppl..

Hi Guys,
I agree that we should take the initiative & lets call all prospective students before we meet in classroom on 19JUNE.
I also call LBSIM seniors to guide us in this endeavour.
Hoping to have great time at LBS.

kudos to everyone who has made
believe me akash u must do ur specialization in marketing becoz u can sell a refrigerator to an eskimos after seeing u r performance in this forum
akash me also hopeful to convert fore and looking for a good time with u in near future

****** KIND ATTENTION PEOPLE LIVING ON/NEARBY THE FOLLOWING ROUTE *****
****** GHAZIABAD(PROPER)-NOIDA-DND-ASHRAM-LBS,RKPURAM *****

People living on the aforesaid route can get in touch with me or Anshul(pm me for our details) to go for a CAR POOL thing.Anshul (our batchmate) and I own cars.If any future LBS'ite is interested , Kindly pm me to PEN THE DEAL .....
It will have two advantages.............
1. Save petrol and travel costs.
2. And more importantly...WILL SAVE SPACE ON DELHI ROADS...
DELHI POLICE - WITH YOU , FOR YOU , ALWAYS
PS: @MODS , forgive this Ad gimmick !!
PPS: Guys , appreciate my creative skills
PPPS : The route in detail.....Ghaziabad-ShipraSunCity-NoidaMor-DND-Ashram-Moolchand-DefenceColony-AIIMS-IITD-RK Puram.

hello ppl

this is puneet jain........first of all a hearty congratulations to all those who hav made it to lbs.....for all those joining am ur wud be super senior.......i passed out this year and belive me i miss the lbs days.......i wud really appreciate the guiding spirit of my juniors to their juniors mohit,koshika, guys ur doin a great job...........and yes enjoy these days cuz 2 yrs wud be grilling yet lovable.....i just thot to drop in this message......ah btw ur seniors are great and they'll be really helpful to u........

au revior

puneet

@ Puneet. Thanks for dropping a line. Please do keep visiting this thread. Your contribution would be worth its weight in gold..you being a super senior and having been there done that! I read about your executive placement. I hope you do enjoy your work and excel in it!

@ Aakash..Man,you guys are gonna have fun yaar in the meet which you have proposed!! I being in mumbai am gonna miss it:(
Please post a comprehensive coverage of the meet.. I'll join you all when i come over to delhi when coll starts. Till then PG , Yahoo and sms will be my sole link to you all..

@ Vikram.. Welcome on board yaar! I'll PM you my yahoo msgr and cell number so that we can get in touch ( as we are not allowed to post those on PG..)

hi,

Its a nice idea to get to know each other before we join on 19 june.......any one Delhi has any idea of any PG near our College or the LBS hostel is fine enough....as i have heard that hostel is not that good....any idea seniors or friends????/

hi,

Its a nice idea to get to know each other before we join on 19 june.......any one Delhi has any idea of any PG near our College or the LBS hostel is fine enough....as i have heard that hostel is not that good....any idea seniors or friends????/

Hi Manish,

even i am a prospective hostelite and I asked a few seniors about the hostel. Apparently the hostel is good enough except for the food ( but, getting ghar type khana isnt gonna be possible in any hostel..right..). Apart from that, there is 24hrs water and electricity. Asheesh (its_asheesh) even advised me to stick to the hostel at least for the first year as we would become very comfortable with each other and also get to know delhi well..

Also, there are efforts underway by the seniors to imporove the hostel facilities..so lets hope for the best..

@ Seniros, could you please throw some light on the hostel facilities.. with regards to
  1. By when do we need to book the rooms and what is the procedure ?
  2. how do we commute from the hostel to the college?
  3. How much do we need to pay for the hostel in the begnning?
Also informationg regarding PG accomodation near the college would be really really helpful..

Thanks and regards.
Hey ppl.... i know i m joining the party pretty late ...but better late than never. have been follwing this thread for a while now and i must admit that the enthu displayed by my batchmates is definitely contagious..i became an official LBSite yesterday and am lookin forward to two awesome yrs ...well abt the hostel, had gone to check out the place yesterday and was...umm...a lil disappointed ( and that's putting it lightly). the names' sarvodaya and is located on bank street...the administration gave me the directions. Its pretty close to college., and thats the only advantage... the lane where it's located is very congested and i dnt think i would want to go to that place after a hard days wk. i brought this up with the administration and they agreed with me that the place is not very fancy, but they also said the its safe and the food is decent. quite a few of our seniors stay there, though i dnt get a chance to spk to any of them. i coughed up..3200(a months rental) + 3200( security deposit )300 (registration fee). M plannin to stay there for a mnth or two and then will move out to a pg or a flat( if i manage to get one). if anyone has any idea abt such a place ,do pm me at puja_soni2000@hotmail .
Ciao till then.....

Hey LBS'ites,

Sorry to join the party late, but its always said, "der se aaye par durust aaye".

@Akash: Please bhai, lemme know the date,time and venue of the meet. U have my mobile number wid u. Would love to meet my future batchmates (though the future is only 2-3 months away).

So, I think our joining date is 19th June. So...it means we have ....
96 days more to go...

hi akash
lagta hain tu apne bhai ko bhool gaya, man not fair in fact v were the torchbearers along wid venky in kickin this thread alive, well akash as i mentioned i m definitely comin to delhi dilwaloki, wud b nice to keep in touch m sendin u my cell no do calme up some times, tere jaise bandon ke saath dosti karne main bada maza milega man what do u say pal

hi guys n gals
i ll be an official shastrian on thursday!!!!
one suggession thou.. we must do something about the college canteen... wasnt impressed at all wen i went to lbs for the GD/PI process

Hi
I finally got confirmation that all my certificates, drafts etc were in order and i got my roll number!! Now only the hostel formalities remain. For the hostel, the person asked me to call up after holi..

@ violetmoon, great_khushboo welcome to the party! do PM your yahoo id so that we can create a group and add it to the msgr etc..

@ Violetmoon, very informative post about the realistic scenario at Sarvodaya hostel..i guess Shrikrishna hostel is near by.. right?

@ great_khushboo, i guess we'll have to make do with the bhel-poori waala outside LBS ( As reported by our respected corresspondent mmmmbopp AKA Aakash!! )

@ Adnan..hey hamare saath bhi touch mein rehena yaar..Congrats buddy!!

@ Aakash..Have you all planned the meet as yet? ( Even though im in mumbai, i am really excited by the prospect of being able to read all about it:))

Lets keep up the enhtu ppl..it is contagious!

Thats all from me for today..Cya all tomorrow

Bye!

hey guys
about hostel i too advise u to start from hostels as u will need to know each other better .. 90 % work in mba is group work so staying in hsotel helps.

after that u can easily get pg and flats nearby .,

and yes puneet sir thanks for compliment but remain visiting this thread regularly

Rajkamal
([email protected])

Jus visited this thread to drop a good news for waitlist candidates
I have decided not to join lbs
Have converted NIRMA n will wait for IMT N UBS
But i must congratulate u guys for making this thread most electrifying one of all i've seen till date
Wish u a pleasant stay in
: DILWALON KI DILLI

CHEERS

Hi Guys,
I must admit the hostel is not that gr8.Saw it the other day.But then even James Brown does not look that good !!
@Adnan , Congos for IMI. Will catch you there anytime. You owe a treat
@Puja , welcome to the party.
And guys , its a good idea to stick to the hostel for atleast three - four months and IFF you find better prospects , then switch.Cos I have been a hostelite for most of my life and I know about how things look rosy with a rented room but the actual issues(and very irritating) pop up when u start living.
@Saurabh and other guys in NCR+Delhi , please check availability ............and set up a meet. ......start filing nominations ..
@Kay , Canteen hmmm ?? Will see when we join. Or else my patented BHEL POORI wala is happy to serve you guys !!

Hi Manish,

even i am a prospective hostelite and I asked a few seniors about the hostel. Apparently the hostel is good enough except for the food ( but, getting ghar type khana isnt gonna be possible in any hostel..right..). Apart from that, there is 24hrs water and electricity. Asheesh (its_asheesh) even advised me to stick to the hostel at least for the first year as we would become very comfortable with each other and also get to know delhi well..

Also, there are efforts underway by the seniors to imporove the hostel facilities..so lets hope for the best..

@ Seniros, could you please throw some light on the hostel facilities.. with regards to
  1. By when do we need to book the rooms and what is the procedure ?
  2. how do we commute from the hostel to the college?
  3. How much do we need to pay for the hostel in the begnning?
Also informationg regarding PG accomodation near the college would be really really helpful..

Thanks and regards.

thanks yaar... I also planned to stay in hostel for a few months and the shift to some pg ...flat...lets see...that can be decided once i m there....