LBS: London Business School aspirants: class starting 2K11

Junta, Herez calling all the aspirants applying to any of the rounds to London Business School. As we have very less information available on this ivy college, it’s best we share what we have. Cheers, Ranchoddas

Junta,

Herez calling all the aspirants applying to any of the rounds to London Business School. As we have very less information available on this ivy college, it's best we share what we have.

Cheers,
Ranchoddas

gr8 idea....are you applying for R1 ?..I am currently refining essays...what abt you ?

Junta,

Herez calling all the aspirants applying to any of the rounds to London Business School. As we have very less information available on this ivy college, it's best we share what we have.

Cheers,
Ranchoddas

Yes I am, not started on essays yet what's your profile mukul?

5.5 Yrs IT
2 + yrs US as Team lead.
Masters in Engg
Acads avg
GMAT 720

Ranchoddas Says
Yes I am, not started on essays yet what's your profile mukul?

I am in too. GMAT 710/AWA 5, Work ex 9.5 Manager IT in global fortune 50. Acads and EC are good. 5.5 Years of US experience.

Whats the R1 deadline. I am going through my IIMA PGPX essays as of now and will be busy till 13 Sept (PGPX deadline for essasys)

R1 deadline is 06 October 2010

Source: MBA Applying, London Business School

HTH

I am in too. GMAT 710/AWA 5, Work ex 9.5 Manager IT in global fortune 50. Acads and EC are good. 5.5 Years of US experience.

Whats the R1 deadline. I am going through my IIMA PGPX essays as of now and will be busy till 13 Sept (PGPX deadline for essasys)

Hi All,

I've been doing my research on bschools to apply to, and intend to apply to LBS. But since we can apply to only select few bschools coz of money constraints, we have to judge our chances at these bschools.

My query is that how were u all able to judge that u might stand a chance at LBS? I initially ruled out LBS/H/S/W completely as out of my league. But I now question this decision.

Can anyone give his opinions?

Thanks a ton,
rish

Hi All,

I am also in ..Aiming for R1 deadline.

HI guys,
I am also applying
LBS is my dream school. I recently attended the information session at LBS. London is such an amazing city and campus is equally amazing.

GMAT : 780
Work ex : 5years (By aug 2011). Working in europe since last 2 years
acads : BE from DCE
CFA level 3 candidate

Hi guys,

Does any body have an idea as to when would the application form be available on site? The website is still saying that the application will be available by mid-September, which has already passed. Round 1 deadline is so close now.

Hi guys,

Does any body have an idea as to when would the application form be available on site? The website is still saying that the application will be available by mid-September, which has already passed. Round 1 deadline is so close now.

HI,
Last week I spoke to the admission in charge and he said that it will take one more week before the online application is ready. So I guess by middle of this week app should be ready
BTW mind sharing ur profile

Hi,
Here's my profile:
Work ex: Consulting, 4 years by aug'11
Gmat: 730
B.Tech, IIT Bombay; GPA: 3.7
Average ECs

Hello,

This is Soumya here from Bangalore. I am a MBA aspirant. My Profile in a nutshell,is as below :

Score Details :
GMAT Score : 750 (98%) (M-50;V-40)
AWA : 6.0

Years of experience : Would be 5 years by October, 2010.
EMC - 1 year - Engineer (Current)
Infosys - 4 years - Project Lead for a Project for Microsoft(Worked at Client location for the entire duration)

International Exposure : Nil

Education :
Mechanical Engineering from KIIT DU : 7.58/10 CGPA

Specialization Interests :
General Management
Brand Management
Strategy Management
Primarily interested in 1 year MBA.

Extra curricular :
Fine Arts & Digital Art - 4 yr course at Sarva Bhartiya Charu Kala Mandir; Active Digital Artist
Film Making - Scripted, edited and directed a Short Film for Nanasu Productions
Writing - Winner CNN IBN Readers Review Award; Chief Editor of Year Book, Mech Class of 2005; Active Blogger(Brains4Sale)
Sports - Cricket and TT University Team Captain; won the University Championships
Adventure Sports - White Water Rafting in Tista, Gangtok; Para-Sailing in Goa

Please make an honest assessment of the profile and help me out with the gaps that you see. Do you think I stand a chance?
Hi,
Here's my profile:
Work ex: Consulting, 4 years by aug'11
Gmat: 730
B.Tech, IIT Bombay; GPA: 3.7
Average ECs

finally the online app is there!!!!!!!

hi guys,

is there one year program in LBS ?.If yes,could you tell the eligibility criteria ?

thank u

Finally the application link is working now. Count me in for R1.

710.Q51.V33.AWA5.5,
GPA3.6
WE 6.25 in 2011

FT.com / Comment / Ask the expert - Ask the experts: Indian business schools

Sachin,

Is your GPA on scale of 4? How did you convert it?

hi guys,

is there one year program in LBS ?.If yes,could you tell the eligibility criteria ?

thank u

No Joshua,
The full time MBA is 15-21 months depending on youe electives and 20+ months is the executive MBA (dubai based) which is part-time bi-weekly contact program.