Launching PG Apply, Easiest way to apply to MBA

[image] For many years now we have received emails and posts from users asking us a fundamental question which goes something like this _*"I have 66 percentile in CAT and haven’t got calls from the IIMs. please send me a list o…

For many years now we have received emails and posts from users asking
us a fundamental question which goes something like this

"I have 66 percentile in CAT and haven't got calls from the IIMs. please
send me a list of colleges i can apply to with their last dates"

some ask

"What are the various options available for MBA in biotech. also, will they
accept a person with background in BCom. what is the process to apply"

Once the exam results are released, the pace of such questions accelerate and there is usually no good answer. However at the PG HQ we wanted to see if we could do something about it. We asked ourselves if there was a way we could help someone find the right college, if there was a way for students to get into the best possible colleges they could, if there was a way the information asymmetry which creeps in between prospective MBA folks and the colleges could be reduced.

While a lot of it is tackled by pagalguy.com in its current form, we felt more could be done. We also imagined how it would be if colleges could get in touch with students before the student applied to them! We wondered if this would help the student know that there are more choices beyond the ones he or she has been considering.

A few months ago we promised to try to take a shot at this huge problem and a we are looking to solve a part of it through our all new PG Apply Platform -

Home - PaGaLGuY Apply

People can now research colleges across the nation and also apply to many of them online using PG Apply!

Why PG Apply?

1) You can express interest in a college for FREE and if they like your profile, you can proceed directly to the GD/PI process!

2) Colleges can get in touch with students who have listed their profile in PG Apply and if the student profile is something the college loves, the college can offer the student a GD/PI call. All without the student having bought a form for that college previously!

3) In one simple free online application, you can research & apply to many many colleges!

What we are continuing to do?

1) We are convincing more and more colleges to join us because it allows them to reach out to more students and also helps the students access to many more choices in terms of fulfilling their education dreams

2) Adding more features that will help you gain admission, easier and faster.

How do you get started?
1) Just click and head to the PG Apply Platform - Home - PaGaLGuY Apply
2) Fill up your profile, express your interest to colleges and wait for them to get back to you :)

How to get in touch with us?
Guys, you can always post in the forums, but a faster way would be to email us at [email protected] and we can sort out your doubts. Since we are new at this, there will be some growing pains, but we will take care of them slowly and steadily.

We are going to continue to try and make this a better platform relentlessly. Features, ideas, comments and free coffee are welcome :D

Whatcha think? :)

Great initiative PG!
Another milestone for PG. I haven't used it as yet but it looks great and promising. How many schools are taking part in this at this moment?
All in all , yet another product from the PG bandwagon and I'm sure its gonna rock like all others..

All the best!!

Shivani

Edit: There's no place to enter SNAP Scores. Can u please look into that?

Hats off to the PG HQ for coming out with such great applications............ROCKING............It can actually be a one-stop talent centre for both B-schools and aspirants............Thank u guys at PG HQ and PG himself............

Edit: There's no place to enter SNAP Scores. Can u please look into that?

That is because none of the colleges we tied up with untill now takes SNAP scores.

For launch we tied up with few colleges for QuickApply. As time goes on we will be expanding the list of colleges that you can QuickApply for and we shall add the facility to enter SNAP scores when any one of them accepts SNAP scores.

Cheers,
Deepu.

Great initiative PG !!!!A small step closer to reducing the hassles of MBA apps ! still a long way to go though !

Just came across a minor bug. I was trying to enter my details and when i entered my graduation year as 2007 it showed 2008.I checked it a few different times but something seems to be wrong there.Entering 2006 and 2008 reflects correctly but when i enter 2007 it's shown as 2008.Just check once !

cheers,
Calvin 😃

Great initiative PG !!!!A small step closer to reducing the hassles of MBA apps ! still a long way to go though !

Just came across a minor bug. I was trying to enter my details and when i entered my graduation year as 2007 it showed 2008.I checked it a few different times but something seems to be wrong there.Entering 2006 and 2008 reflects correctly but when i enter 2007 it's shown as 2008.Just check once !

cheers,
Calvin :)

Calvin,
Thanks a lot for informing us about this bug. It is fixed.

Regards,
Naga Gangadhar Reddy
Calvin,
Thanks a lot for informing us about this bug. It is fixed.

Regards,
Naga Gangadhar Reddy

Fast work puys !!! Way to go ! PG HQ ROCKS !!!

PG team, hats off!! All your applications for this season have been hits.

A small bug, perhaps. I am pursuing my B.E. right now and will passout in 2009 i.e. this year. But I couldn't find 2009 in the drop-down box concerned.

Please see to it.

Regards,
Abhishek

Allwin/Rohit/Apurv et al,

Congratulations on an app done extremely well. The interface looks clean and the overall app, stable ! :thumbsup:

More than the very nature of the app, I am excited over the potential of such a service ! Fighting the information asymmetry between the aspirants and B-schools in such a transparent manner holds significant potential. While PG has always been a must-visit for ppl aspiring to get into the top 15-20 schools in India, this app widens the scope, not just for PG, but also for scores of aspirants across India. Like aspirants, B-schools too have different target audience, aspirations and expectations form their prospective students. And to me, this platform plays a significant role in fulfilling this requirement! Way to go guys !

Cheers

ps: Can one of ya guys pls delete my profile on the app. I haven't committed/apped anywhere yet, and do not intend to do so as well. One MBA is one too many 😉

Well...

I struck my head out from the wrong window...
The thing called PG apply is pretty good...and pretty usefull as well...

I thot of tryin it out and entered my scores n all...Though I din intended to apply to any of those colleges but I did it to check out the funtionality n the hard work done by team @ PG HQ...

But now for past week or so m gettin mails in my inbox from so many colleges..I haven't even heard their names...

Is there a way to delete my profile???
If not..can u ppl plz make such a functionality...So tht Beta Testers like me dun get bogged down by un necessary mails...

I think you mean PG Apply

Firstly, we are totally against sending unwanted mails to our users.

Secondly, yes, we added the functionality where a user gets alert when a b-school invites him to apply because it is a new application and users want to receive alerts, cos admission is something for which they are here for.

Having said that, we are right now making a settings panel in PG Apply, where a user can control how he receives Email/SMS alerts. Give us 2-3 days to fix that.

Cheers,
Rohit

Thanks Rohit bhai...
Aaj I even got a call from PG HQ(Lucky me)....
The gal was askin which all colleges I would like to apply....I told her that I juz filled my details for testin the functionality....She started laughin' maybe she is used to gettin this reply too many times....

Plz convey my aplogies to everyone in HQ....

But certainly its an xcellent idea and awesome implemetation...10/10..

Cheers to you all....(I wish I cd fill my CAT/XAT form thru PG Connect)