Lancaster vs Warwick vs Machester 2011

Hi, I have admits from Msc in ITMOC lancaster, Msc in Info sys and management warwick and Msc in IT and organization change from Manchester for sept 2011. I have no clue about UK Universities. Can you help me please? people say Warwick and ma…

Hi,

I have admits from Msc in ITMOC lancaster, Msc in Info sys and management warwick and Msc in IT and organization change from Manchester for sept 2011. I have no clue about UK Universities. Can you help me please? people say Warwick and manchester are awesome. But lancaster is 24th in ft world mba univs and warwick and manchester come in 40s. i also see that student satisfaction and employment rate is better in lancaster.

can some1 help me? which 1 shall i opt for?

You should be actively involved in researching more into this and trying to find about there program, placements,etc via alumni and their respective departments. You will be investing a considerable amount of money into this therefore always try to do your research thoroughly.

Also rankings are not to be taken too seriously. Every ranking system follows a set of rules and incorporates some basic flaws because of that. Like the FT rankings you have quoted are too biased towards salaries. Also the places that you have mentioned aren't that reputable. So every program is not a winner just because their mba program ranks well.

Therefore I cannot help you choosing a program but I can help you with some info I collected on these Uni's.

Each University you have mentioned is quite reputable, on a general observance I have found out that Warwick is considered a Tier1 Uni there (Oxbridge, UoL, Imperial, UCL and Warwick). Though Lancaster and Warwick would equate to be the same imo.

Warwick is quite lenient when it comes to admitting students. Lancaster's has higher entry requirements than Warwick and a crazy amount of people apply to Manchester therefore you can expect on some level that students going there are a little better.

Warwick and Lancaster Uni's are based near small towns/cities therefore it is considered as a hurdle when you compare them to schools like Cass, LSE and others which are situated in the London or bigger cities where finding jobs and going to interviews is as easy as a walk to a quick snack. Therefore Manchester has a slight edge here.

Also Warwick is a semi target university for IB's which is always a plus and is quite aggressive in calling firms for placements which is quite helpful. Cannot comment on Manchester or Lancaster here as I have no substantial knowledge regarding this.

thanks a lot. can you give me some useful links that u use for research..

@ ajeesh : hey did u get in thru ITMOC????? even i have applied for ITMOC .it seems good. but the new visa rules has made it bit scary in getting jobs......??? do reply back

Hey guys,

Who all r in for ITMOC (Lancaster) or ISM (Warwick).. sept'11 intake...?

I hv got offers from both dese business schools...

Content wise ITMOC seems much better..donn have much idea tht which school stands 1st in terms of reputation in UK n bck in India...really confused to take a decision.. :s

Plzz suggest guys...

Cheers!!!
Yuvraj.

Hi,

I have an offer for the Warwick MBA. I am a bit confused as far as the reputation is concerned in the UK. Would appreciate some help on this.

Tatha

Thanks Rajesh09 for the all the info. I have to decide between Lancaster and Warwick (MBA in marketing). Can u pls shed some light on the career perspective of both these uni compared with each other ?
Secondly,which has better internship prospects ?

don't look at the f...ing rankings - talk to alumnus from different schools who have similar background and are from you country...that's real info