Lancaster MBA 2010-2011: Applications and beyond

Hi All, Starting a new thread for 2010-11 Applicants. Cheers, Arun…

Hi All,

Starting a new thread for 2010-11 Applicants.

Cheers,
Arun..

Hi,

Thanks for starting the thread. I am also applying to Lancaster, but I am still researching about the university. What other schools are you applying to.

thanks,
Adi

I am also looking ahead for Lancaster MBA.
have anyone applied yet?

Count me in too, I wanted to interact with some alumni and students before applying, is any available here?

Guys - I am currently pursuing MBA from Lancaster university and will be more than happy to take up any questions. Parallely may I also suggest you to please visit the 2009-2010 thread where a lot of questions have already been asked and answered.

Its great to see current students coming up to help out applicants. Thanks very much!

I would like to know more about the school, its strengths, the general classroom experience from you perspective. I have gone through the university website, but would like first hand information about these.

Please reply when you find time.

Cheers,
Arun..

Lancaster university has a good reputation and is regarded as one of the top schools for MBA. The school is particularly strong on Strategy and Consulting. There are 3 consulting opportunities generally with local businesses. The first one is with a start up company where you make a business plan for them. The second one is with a more established company and the third one is during your internship ( i.e instead of internship you can choose to do a company project, the companies being sourced by the school)

As for the class there are 75 people from 20 different nationalities. The class size is generally smaller than some of it peers which I feel is an advantage as the quality of interaction with faculty and other students is much better.

Having said that it all depends on your future goals - The curriculum is definitely important but so is the rank of the school from the job market perspective. Hope this helps!

Hi guys,

I am also applying to Lancaster... I know that Lancaster accepts applications on rolling basis but what is usual time when Lancaster admission start working on application.. Does lancaster conduct interviews in India? I am not much a telephonic interview guy and don't have money either to visit lancaster for interview..

My profile
B.E. in Information technology
5 years in IT - Sr. Project Leader
2 years in US
good acads (above 75%), decent community work

thanks and stay in touch.. we all will make it..

Abhi

Hi guys

thanks for starting the thread.
I had submitted my application for MBA (full time Sep intake) at Lancaster on Nov 11, 2009 through Edwise international, one of Lancaster's agents in India.

I have not yet received any sort of acknowledgement from the university confirming that they have got my application and all the necessary supporting documents. Does the university normally get back to the applicants on their application status?

I had also mailed Carol Cook, the contact person mentioned in the university website. But no reply :(

I am little worried about this. Any timely help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi shrishti01,

If you go through all the previous threads on Lancaster, you would notice that Lancaster does not reply until all parts of your application are complete and sent. I'd suggest you to contact them by phone.
Are you applying only to Lancaster? If not, which other schools are you planning to apply to or have already applied to?

Cheers
Adi

Hi guys

thanks for starting the thread.
I had submitted my application for MBA (full time Sep intake) at Lancaster on Nov 11, 2009 through Edwise international, one of Lancaster's agents in India.

I have not yet received any sort of acknowledgement from the university confirming that they have got my application and all the necessary supporting documents. Does the university normally get back to the applicants on their application status?

I had also mailed Carol Cook, the contact person mentioned in the university website. But no reply :(

I am little worried about this. Any timely help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I wonder why you did not submit an online application.. It is much better and faster.. Anyways, I am going to apply by end of this week and I am also using edwise.. Although they did not help me with anything but they might help in visa or ielts if required so I used their reference..

Now.. I have a very important question.. please answer.. Lancaster application suggest a recommendation for academic ability which actually should come from college professor.. I have been out of college for more than 5 years. I wasn't in India itself for long time.. It is very difficult to get a recommendation from my college now.. Is there any other better way? Can i submit two work references with a cover letter explaining my case.. Will my chances hamper if I do so? Please let me know.. I prefer not to take chances.. If it is really required, I might take 3-4 days leave and visit my college..

thanks,
abhishek

I sent few mails to lancaster admission but all i got is out of office reply.. i think they are on leave right now.. so expect some delay in your replies..

Abhishek,
Though the school recommends one professional and one academic reference but its absolutely fine with two professional references. Academic reference might be a good idea if you have comparatively less years of experience (read around 3). I would still recommend a confirmation from MBA office either through a call or email. They are very responsive and it will save you the trouble of getting an academic reference.

hi!!!!
I want to apply for Msc in Operations research and Management studies. How was the course?? what is the scope,job prospectus after course completion??

I have completed my B.E in CSE having good acedemic background.....

pls suggest me

Hi guys,

I had a query regarding personal statement asked for Lancaster, the instruction says if you have a more detailed personal statement you can send with supporting documents.

Do I need to accomodate all details in a single essay or it should be sent as a seperate essay along with supporting documents?

How many essays you guys have sent?

Those who have already applied, please suggest ASAP.

Regards,
kir_sav

Hey,

Can anyone help me the last date of applying in R1, or am i already late, if yes then whats the date for r2

thnks

Hi guys,

I had a query regarding personal statement asked for Lancaster, the instruction says if you have a more detailed personal statement you can send with supporting documents.

Do I need to accomodate all details in a single essay or it should be sent as a seperate essay along with supporting documents?

How many essays you guys have sent?

Those who have already applied, please suggest ASAP.

Regards,
kir_sav

application is on rolling basis.. so you need to apply as soon as possible

Thanks Abhi

abhijain1983 Says
application is on rolling basis.. so you need to apply as soon as possible

Whats the mount of application Fee..?
Does lancaster offer schols..?

Can the RECO's be sent via EMAIL, or they have to be sent in Hard Copy..?

Am using both professional RECOS, as i have 5+ yrs work Ex.

Also i am just using 1 SOP essay, and would attach my Resume

Views Pls