Lancaster MBA 07-08

Hi All :smiley: , I did not find any thread for the people planning to take up or the one’s that have an offer for addmission to the MBA program at Lancaster so i thought of starting this thread. Regards, Shobhit

Hi All 😃 ,

I did not find any thread for the people planning to take up or the one's that have an offer for addmission to the MBA program at Lancaster so i thought of starting this thread.

Regards,

Shobhit

Hi Sobhit

I have got an offer from Lancaster . Am looking forward to join the school hopefully.
Lancaster is supposed to be a very high profile school. I have got excellent feedback from their alumni. Business school is the strength of lancaster .

Anyone in the forum who is going to lancaster this year ? Let me know , we can discuss,

Thanks
Shakes

Congrats ! !

Congratulations !

Congrats !!

Congratulations!

Hey Chandan

Please see your budget and priorties. Following are excellent schools in uk.

1. Lancaster
2. Strathclyde.
3. Edinburg
4. Durham
4. Nottingham
5. Crainfield
6. Mancshester

Please dont just go by HSMP list. To be honest ,some of uk universities in the list are not good standard. uk govt shd revise the list or make provision in the list to take care of high performing universities like lancaster.

Hi everybody,

I am from Pakistan and have received an offer of place on Lancaster MBA programme. I have talked to a few alumni and the feedback I have received is that university is a bit weak on recruitment side and furthermore, the salary as compared to other top of the line business schools is also on a lower side. However, there is one good news and thats it will surely be included in the HSMP list in July 2007 that is when the Home Office will revise the list. So overall Lancaster seems to be a coveted business school but there are certain down sides which make me worry. I just hope it turns out to be a safe bet.
I hope we can get to know each other here before meeting in Lancaster.

hello friends, i wish to pursue mba from uk in 2008, which uni should i look at through, i just got a years experience.
Has anyone heard about royal holloway uni of london ??

Hi everybody,

I am from Pakistan and have received an offer of place on Lancaster MBA programme. I have talked to a few alumni and the feedback I have received is that university is a bit weak on recruitment side and furthermore, the salary as compared to other top of the line business schools is also on a lower side. However, there is one good news and thats it will surely be included in the HSMP list in July 2007 that is when the Home Office will revise the list. So overall Lancaster seems to be a coveted business school but there are certain down sides which make me worry. I just hope it turns out to be a safe bet.

Hi Knight241 & all others

I too have an offer from Lancaster. The anticipated inclusion in the HSMP list is a good news. Presently I am in a dilemma over choosing Strathclyde or Lancaster. HSMP listing is the only aspect that seems to be in favour of Strathclyde but if Lancaster also finds it way into the new list, it won't leave much to think about.
Please come forth with your views and suggestions on the issue.

Hi RajMal,

Well I was also in the same situation. I had offers from Strathclyde, Leeds, Birmingham and Lancaster. The choice had to be made between Lancaster and Strathclyde. I beleive HSMP should not be the only consideration. Everyone I have talked to suggested to go for Lancaster as its much more prestigious and the programme is more dynamic and respected than Strathclyde. Furthermore, as per new law, you get a right to work for a year in UK if you have done a postgrad from any UK university. So I would suggest to opt for Lancaster. It will prove to be more valuable in long run. In addition to that it is also expected that Lancaster would improve ranking next year since this year the audit year reported by FT is 2004 and it would change to 2007 next year.

Hi Friends

Requesting for an urgent comparison of Lancaster MBA (UK) vs. NUS MBA (Singapore) in context of suitability for a candidate (Mech. Engr.) with 14 yrs' work experience.
With not much time to choose between the two, an early feedback / analysis will be a great help in deciding.

Hi everybody,

Hi there,

Could you please let me know from where have u come to know that Lancaster would be included in there HSMP list. Also the bigger question is that is the List going to be changed ..

Regards,

Shobhit

Hello could some of you who got an admit from Lancaster share your profiles ??

# years of expirence
GMAT Score

TIA

Hi All,

I see that a couple of people have mentioned in this thread that the list of 50 MBA institutes that are directly eligible for HSMP is due for updation in coming July.

I have tried to find out on my own about this. But have not come to know from any source the authenticty of this information.

Could someone please show more light on this information.

Regards,

Shobhit

Guys,

Nice thread.
Can anyone tell, what is the expected total expenditure for an MBA in Lancaster, considering zero sponsorship?

Congrats to all who managed to get an admit. Wish luck to those joining!!

Guys,

Nice thread.
Can anyone tell, what is the expected total expenditure for an MBA in Lancaster, considering zero sponsorship?

Congrats to all who managed to get an admit. Wish luck to those joining!!

Hi Manish,

The fees for the Lancaster MBA is 17,500 + lets take a practical cost of living abt 5,000 ( they say it is about 8000 but after travelling abroad on many occations this aount ie 5000 shoudl be more than enough)

So the total expenditure according to me should be about 22-23,000 pounds

Hope that this information helps ..

Cheers,

-Shobhit

PS: Could someone please throw more light on the July updation of the HSMP list.

Hi
I hope this thread is still active.
I too have just received an offer from Lancaster.
Can those of you who have contacted the alumni please pass on their contact details to me so that I too can ask them some ques?
also when compared to lancaster how well or badly does Nyenrode in The Netherlands fare?
its 2nd week July 07 and there isnt much in the news about the new HSMP list.

hope someone responds....
cheers

Hi There,,,,

Even i would love to know abt the HSMP scheme also ... There are a lot of rumors but no news abt the change in HSMP list.

-Shobhit