Lancaster 2006 - 2007

I didnt find a thread on Lancaster 2006. So, thought of starting the same. I submitted my app to Lancaster Business School in December and been offered a confirmed admission. Has anyone recieved an admit from Lancaster ? Dont Mind sharing though…

I didnt find a thread on Lancaster 2006. So, thought of starting the same.
I submitted my app to Lancaster Business School in December and been offered a confirmed admission. Has anyone recieved an admit from Lancaster ? Dont Mind sharing thoughts and views?

Regards,
Shobhit

hi there.....
would like to share your background with us?
And why did u chose for this very university?

Hi there,

I am an engineer by background .... and have complted my engineering in 2001 ... worked as a lectuere for 2 years and then took up a job with one the indian IT biggies and working there as a senior engineer...

GMAT 670 (nothing great)

I took up Lancaster as i am very impresed by the way they have faired in the latest MBA ranking... .. with Lancaster having a 6 star research ranking i am quite sure that the faculty will be actively involved with reseach that they can also bring to the Lecture halls ...

On top of that the "bieng ranked second for value for money"

I have communicated extensively with the faculy and the support staff... What i like is that they are frank even if it means that their answer might not reflect positively about the school. This is something i liked ... I also feel that the student mix that lancaster has is very good.

To be honest, I tried to do a lot of research ... but i dont think it help a great deal its all big talk ... The most important thing is that you should talk to current students ask them about the reservations they had before joining the program etc ... and i think that everyone has the same points ...

I know this might not be of great help ... But thats what i have done

Rgds

Shobhit

Hi ...

I'm a new member here...however i would like to get some details about the Lancaster MBA. If some one has faced the interview with the MBA director and has an offer ...please let me know . I've 3 yrs work ex in IT

Hi

I faced the Lancaster Interview last week and it was pretty good.I am expecting an offer this week.

Please contact me for interview questions etc if anyone is inetersted on [email protected]

Hi there,

I am an engineer by background .... and have complted my engineering in 2001 ... worked as a lectuere for 2 years and then took up a job with one the indian IT biggies and working there as a senior engineer...

Shobhit

Was just going through the resumes of people doing there MBA at Lancaster, I didn't see anyone from India from an IT background... which to me is quite surprising.

Does Lancaster have any special preferences for non-IT?
Is there anything you gave a lot of stress on in your essays, considering you are from an IT background?

Thanks in advance.

Aditya
Was just going through the resumes of people doing there MBA at Lancaster, I didn't see anyone from India from an IT background... which to me is quite surprising.

Does Lancaster have any special preferences for non-IT?
Is there anything you gave a lot of stress on in your essays, considering you are from an IT background?

Thanks in advance.

Aditya

Hi there Adithya,

Well i dont think that they have nething against IT professionals or else i would not have an offer. As for the IT emphasis well not everything in India is about IT.

This year if i am not wrong they have abt 8 students from India, there are a couple of engineers with whom i have been interacting, and there are other students from various backgrouds like brand management etc... what they are looking for in an individual are
1. basically how strongly do u want to do ur mba and for what reasons
2. What source of learning can you bring to the class so that your class, that will come out both from your essays and in the interview.
3. A sence of social responsiblity

But above all why an MBA is a very iportant question which is asked in all interviews so be ready with it....

PS: If there are people there who have finalised and have paied their deposits to Lancaster please mail

Challo then

Shobhit

Hi all,

I've received an unconditional offer from Lancaster . I wanted to ask ppl ....what do u think r the prospects of getting a good job there ?
I'm asking this because, most of the ppl who have done their MBA from UK , are kinda 'not so positive' abt the whole affair and they have asked me to think hard before commiting myself for the course ......

am a lil confused .... ??:

pls help !

Regards,
Priya

Hi there Adithya,

Well i dont think that they have nething against IT professionals or else i would not have an offer. As for the IT emphasis well not everything in India is about IT.

This year if i am not wrong they have abt 8 students from India, there are a couple of engineers with whom i have been interacting, and there are other students from various backgrouds like brand management etc... what they are looking for in an individual are
1. basically how strongly do u want to do ur mba and for what reasons
2. What source of learning can you bring to the class so that your class, that will come out both from your essays and in the interview.
3. A sence of social responsiblity

But above all why an MBA is a very iportant question which is asked in all interviews so be ready with it....

PS: If there are people there who have finalised and have paied their deposits to Lancaster please mail

Challo then

Shobhit
....what do u think r the prospects of getting a good job there ?
hmm.. this was one of the questions i asked Dr. Roger Green of Cardiff Business School when he was here in chennai and gave an unconditional recommendation after interviewing me...(its another thing that i havent applied to any foreign B-School though).. he was of the opinion that unless u come with some managerial work ex or some seriously good background(interms of work-experience)the probability of an Indian fresher/IT professional finding a job in UK is rather slim for his managerial expertise.... But if u do have an IT background or an engg major, u will find some job or the other in terms of an IT/Engg posting that is not quite a manager/leader's post to begin with.. but with time, u will elevate ur self on the basis of ur performance.. this is the case in most UK schools(sure there are exceptions but this is the norm)...
Hi all,

I've received an unconditional offer from Lancaster . I wanted to ask ppl ....what do u think r the prospects of getting a good job there ?
I'm asking this because, most of the ppl who have done their MBA from UK , are kinda 'not so positive' abt the whole affair and they have asked me to think hard before commiting myself for the course ......

pls help !

Regards,
Priya

Hi Shobhit

Nice to hear that u got an admission in Lancaster.
I too got an offer on last month.

From what I heard and learned Lancaster MBA, should be a good one. At the time of my interview I got a good feedback from students about the programme.

Where are you now?

I am originally from India
I am in U.K, working for ST microelectronics for the last 5 years. Earlier I worked in Wipro for nearly 2.5 years.

I am from Telecom/IT background...
Pls give me your mail-id

Lanchester VS Manchester ?
Which is better?

JAnki

Hi Shobhit

Nice to hear that u got an admission in Lancaster.
I too got an offer on last month.

From what I heard and learned Lancaster MBA, should be a good one. At the time of my interview I got a good feedback from students about the programme.

Where are you now?

I am originally from India
I am in U.K, working for ST microelectronics for the last 5 years. Earlier I worked in Wipro for nearly 2.5 years.

I am from Telecom/IT background...
Pls give me your mail-id

Hi there,

good to hear that you too have an admit to join the Lancaster MBA background. I too am from India

I am presently working with Wipro Technologies for aorund 3 years prior to this i have 2 years of teaching exp.

I too am working on Telecom/IT background.

You have been working in the IT sector there in UK for some time you will be the best person to provide an insight into the job market there... What are you thoughts on that ???
My mail id [email protected]

Hope to hear from you

Shobhit
Lanchester VS Manchester ?
Which is better?

JAnki

Janki i would opt for Manchester .It is two years program and thus gives you more options to specialize in.Plus it has some good exchange programs which you can use and get better international exposer.It is better reputation than lanchester.
Did u get offer from both of them?

cheers,
Sonu

Hi,
Good to hear about so many admits. Could someone please share the app profile including test scores.

Cheers
icy

Hello class of 2007 at Lancastar,

Please clik on the link if u believe tht the governements policy on reservation needs rectification, its a signature campaign Eishtyle:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/arb06/petition.html

warm regards,

Hi all,

pls help !

Regards,
Priya

Hi I am also in the same boat .let me know ur email id . I would like to discuss with u. Incidentaly I am also in IT for last 8 Years

Hi guys. I am planning to join Lancaster FT MBA leaving my well paid job in India.
The expetation is to complete the MBA work for 2-3 years in UK immediately after. How much this is feasible. I have heard SEGS scheme has been extended to MBA as well from this year. Can someone share hi/her views.
my id is [email protected]

Hi guys. I am planning to join Lancaster FT MBA leaving my well paid job in India.
The expetation is to complete the MBA work for 2-3 years in UK immediately after. How much this is feasible. I have heard SEGS scheme has been extended to MBA as well from this year. Can someone share hi/her views.
my id is [email protected]

Hi Deb,

I have a admit from Lancaster and i have paid my deposit. Yes you have heard correctly the british governement has extended the scheme to cover all post graduate course that will comence from May 2006. By virtue of this a student can stand in UK for 1 year after the completion of his course to look for a job post which he can apply for HSMP. Basically what the government has done is that they have increased the chances of getting an HSMP.

As for the jobs what i have heard from the present students is that jobs are available its just the question of time and Visa. Post these changes the visa is no longer an issue.

These are my personal views people are free to disagree with the same.

Regards,

Shobhit

hi shobhit,
thanks for the reply. I think u got a point there. In fact I have also paid the deposit. hopefully we will meet there.
my situation is more or less similar to u besides the fact that I might be couple of years senior to u in age. I too work for a IT MNC. I am a Project manager.
Since u also are doing lot of research. just a tricky question:
if u look at the HSMP calculator u will find that probably with ur credentials as on date u can get the qualifying points but if u apply at the end of ur MBA then how do u get points for earning for the last 12months? assume u are filing it at the end of ur MBA then in last 12 months u are parcticaly not earning anything.

My question is is it meaningful to apply for HSMP somewhere around this September 2006,just at begining of MBA and begining of eraning break?

these are tricky stuff but we need to do our planning beforehand so that we seamlessly can continue working there after the course and we need a good lateral entry to some good organisation.i feel more comfortable in eamil. if u like please get in touch in [email protected]

thanks
Deb