Lalu @ IIMA

It was a big news… but surprisingly nothing on PG about it. Where are the IIMA guys…tell us the inside story… :: Ketan * PS: Okay… someone asked the same question on this thread. *

It was a big news.. but surprisingly nothing on PG about it. Where are the IIMA guys...tell us the inside story....

Ketan
PS: Okay.. someone asked the same question on this thread.

Read a report in the TOI about this today....seems like Lalu was a big hit...

Now I just hope the IIM A guys dont start taking credit for Lalu's success, claiming that IIM A made the biggest impact on his life of all the places he's been...

It was middle-page news in a Telugu local.
guys from IIMA, we're seeking a more in-depth description of what happend in that classroom of urs.

Read a report in the TOI about this today....seems like Lalu was a big hit...

Now I just hope the IIM A guys dont start taking credit for Lalu's success, claiming that IIM A made the biggest impact on his life of all the places he's been...

When was Lalu an IIMA alumnus What wonderful things you hope for Vineet Anyways looks like the program was for their PGPX guys alone. And heard that there were rumblings cos one of the presentations put the date of railways turnaround at 2001. Btw was the show on Lalu's contribution to the turnaround or the turnaround of Indian railways in general? Cos the media made it look like Lalu darbar at IIMA and the media can be an ass sometimes.
convolutedsignal Says
When was Lalu an IIMA alumnus What wonderful things you hope for Vineet

Sarchasm - The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.

I cant help but post here

But I believe this event shows the quality of the intellectual power running Indian Bschools and Indian education in general

Laloo was running Bihar for 15 years!!! Anyone has any doubts about what condition he has left Bihar in?

Come his Railway Ministership and all success of a turnaround has been given to this son of a b****

So according our favourite IIM its ok to forget all the sins that a person commits, all the fodder scams, all the economic destruction of a state with great potential, just succeed once and all is forgiven... Ethics ofcourse is only a course to load sorry a** students with... Slurp! More assignments It really doesnt matter in the end if you are unethical... Just somehow WIN in the end!

So if there are Enrons to come in India's Future... you can always blame your Bschool... Ofcourse, next time you hear "God Level Professors" dont forget to chuckle

K

it is true that lalu run bihar for 15y.
but it is equally true that he converted railway department from loss to profit.
IIMA is a B-school

it is true that lalu run bihar for 15y.
but it is equally true that he converted railway department from loss to profit.
IIMA is a B-school

madam,

lalu in essence did not himself perform this so called turn around story. It were the people behind the scenes(who are always forgotten) who have done this. Lalu is just the representative of theses people who executed this turn around.

Hey guys take a ChillPill.It's Lalu--->The Manager who is honoured not Lalu--->The Politician.
Thanx to IIM-A that it recognised the managerial abilities of a rustic,foul-mouthed Bihari.
We lesser mortals can't be in a position to comment on their decision.
If u r surprised by IIMA's decision....take a deep breath.Even the fags at Harvard find him interesting enough for a Case Study.Yeah he's the Guest of Honour at Harvard Business School too.

Laloo guest of honour at Harvard

I cant believe that... If its true then Laloo is truely a son of a b****
I think HBS is just using the Railways turnaround as a case study and analysing the WHOLE issue of its business turnaround. Ofcourse they might talk to Laloo too to find out the facts, but they will also talk to everyone who might be actually responsible...

K

I totally disagree with IIMA asking Lalu to visit it's campus. You say "So what, he was there as manager?" Then all I got to ask is do you truly believe that it was him and not the truck load of IAS officers who realize his every fancy, who were responsible for it?
Lalu as a politician is someone who led to the ruin of the state, Lalu as a manager- I can't even picture that.And you and I don't really know the reason what prompted this visit. With all the reservation hoopla, I have my own doubts. I am not casting any aspersions, but maybe IIMA wanted to be in his good books!
I find it really sad to see that a '93 blasts accused- stars in movie on the Mahatma, and a corrupt politician inspires our future CEOs. Isn't that ironical?
i think it wud hav been a very fruitful visit...the future Ceo's now must be knowing precisely what-not-to-do-in-management...wat say 😉
Laloo guest of honour at Harvard

I cant believe that... If its true then Laloo is truely a son of a b****
I think HBS is just using the Railways turnaround as a case study and analysing the WHOLE issue of its business turnaround. Ofcourse they might talk to Laloo too to find out the facts, but they will also talk to everyone who might be actually responsible...

K

I'm a bit late on this thread I suppose, But I fuly agree that laloo is a just a stupid, village buffoon, nothing to say of a wily rascal. The way he has managed Bihar for his own plus brother-in-law gains, goes to the extent politicians can bring a state on the brink of disaster. It's sickening that I saw the IIM-A Director Dholakia go ga-ga over Laloo's campus visit on NDTV, he sees it only from a management perspective, now tell me what does Laloo know about management, except to manage his own family's fortunes? That too says that IIM-A has courses on ethics management, & this is what they have to showcase to their students, a bufoon laloo. After all, the railway turnaround story is the work of the bureaucrats behind the show, & Laloo gets to eat the cake. It shows how he can manupulate the scheme of things to divert attention from his fodder & bitumen follies, & cases presently going on in the Supreme court,I doubt if there will be a verdict indicting him, this is the sorry state of justice system in India. Cases just drag on for years, with no end results. Laloo is just good for television & media soundbites, a la Charlie Chaplain! It's a miracle that the country is surviving under such despotic, corrupt and shameless rulers.
esjay Says
dude one things for sure he's no buffoon....a wily cunning yes, but not a buffoon. he just gives the impression n that's his publicity stunt. he knows what he is doing. just in case if u remember Elsworth Toohey in fountainhead. extremely knowledgeble n cunning. how do u think despite all what he has done all these years he's still very much alive n kicking

I second you. Primarily, Bihar is a state where Laloo would've made little or no difference. If we look at opportunity-wise, IRA is the first time ever that Laloo had a proper chance to 'perform', outside his state.
He needed to project his 'dumb' image to the masses, so that he could win the elections.
vineetmanghani Says
Sarchasm - The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Plagarism- Use of popular signatures to establish non existent wit
convolutedsignal Says
Plagarism- Use of popular signatures to establish non existent wit
Plagiarism - Correct Spelling

Oh...just by the by...check these out..

http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~beatrice/humor/sarchasm.html
http://www.golding.ca/maggie/archives/000220.html

and many more...

Still...it's plagiarism nevertheless

My personal opinion is that scum like Laloo belong in jail. 933 crores, an entire state ground to dust to where it has no industry, no education and no standard of living and 5 years of Rabri rule to add. This same bugger who once famously said "Who needs computers" is now the modern messiah. It is impossible for an organisation the size of railways to turn around in one single year. And furthermore to attribute it to Laloo's strokes of genius like clay lotas and "rustic"wisdom is a dramatic oversimplification. Even in IIMA there was dissent with one of the presentations putting the date of the railways turnaround as 2001 only to be quickly shut down by the other members around him.

Frankly there is no point blaming IIMA, I doubt if they had any real choice in inviting him and even if they did 2 crores for a railway chair and 15 lakhs a year are worth throwing a few hundred scruples to ground. And I am not sure if its the press or some overexcited PR member in A but some of the press reports talking about how Lalu's mass appeal "excited" IIMA students is plain insulting. Media management is something we all should learn from Lalu, from "non playing captain" (Pre Bihar elections) to "management guru" in just one year flat must be a world record!

tatimatla Says
Bihar is a state where Laloo would've made little or no difference.

And what basis do you have for saying so , other than the prejudiced view towards that state?