Krannert 2013 Fall applicants

Hi, I havent seen any thread related to Krannert MBA admissions for fall 2013, Purdue University. So I start the new thread for the same. I am a prospective applicant and have submitted the application for R1 deadline. I am awaiting…

Hi,

I havent seen any thread related to Krannert MBA admissions for fall 2013, Purdue University.

So I start the new thread for the same.

I am a prospective applicant and have submitted the application for R1 deadline. I am awaiting results.

My profile : GMAT 690 , WE 46 months(at time of matriculating) IT consulting in Power Sector ,Extra Curr - Decent.

I've submitted my application on 15-Nov. Waiting for the IV call (Hope it comes through).

Profile - GMAT 710, Work exp 72 at matriculation, in IT Quality Assurance across Banking and Financial Sector (Primarily Core Banking). Academics - Very good, EC - Decent!

@rahulg83 must say strong profile !! 😃 .. what other schools you have applied rahul ?
@pjgmat To a few more like ISB, Rotman, Georgetown and Tepper. Dinged in ISB but admitted to Rotman. Waiting for other results.
What about u?
@rahulg83 ah ! ISB dinged you !! I dont know what they want this time .. congrats for your Rotman admit .. I applied to Foster , Mason , Mays , Simon and will apply to ISB in R2 .. got i/v invitations from Mason , Foster ..and Mays Dinged me w/o interview . .... hoping to receive a i/v call from Krannert , Simon .. .
@pjgmat Oh!! All the best to you for your schools.
Anyways, coming back to Krannert, my application was accepted (Got a mail from a lady named Vicki). However, I think they will ask for the transcripts again, as when I sent it for the first time, I didn't get the envelope sealed by my university.
And yes, I wanted to apply to Foster as well, but they didn't give me application fee waiver!! Damn..
@rahulg83 You got any mail for the confirmation of receipt of those transcripts ?

Nopes, but I assume they won't accept. The reason is that I sent the transcripts to Rotman and Krannert on same day. Rotman rejected it and I had to send them again to Toronto.
However, I did ask Krannert adcom about this issue. They told that if they don't find it suitable, they would contact me. Till now, they haven't, so I hope I could save couple of thousand bucks!! :D

@rahulg83 Very strong profile.. Mine is 670 GMAT, 2.5yrs exp in IT

I've applied for thunderbird, mason, krannert, babcock(WFU), illinois, wisconsin and naveen jindal.. 😃 seems to be a long list.. :P

got admitted in thunderbird.. 17k scholarship.

mason interview over. waiting for results.

babcock interview on coming thursday..

rest all i'm yet to hear from them..

@karthigeyank Hey Karthik, congrats for Thunderbird..what was your criteria while selecting these schools?
And pardon me, what's naveen jindal?

Naveen jindal is of UTD (University of Texas @ Dallas).. i selected as advised by my friend @ US.. considering my GMAT score.. i was not able to score well in TOEFL and IELTS.. gave both the exams.. that also affected my selection..

@karthigeyank Oh OK! Anyways, I believe good things are in store for you.. Good Luck with rest of your schools!
@karthigeyank i also wanted to apply to UTD but i find their essays difficult..
They have decent placement record .. . how u managed ur essays ?

Hi Guys,

My Profile :-

GMAT - 660

Current Experience - 3 years 10 months

Background - IT professional

EC - Good

I wish my essays do some magic tricks. Whether I get through for Purdue or not, I'm happy that Purdue 2013 thread is finally up and active!

4 guys all IT !! . .. . i wish i would have taken commerce in my +2 .. i really want to get out of this cursed pool(Indian IT Male) .

@pjgmat said:
4 guys all IT !! . .. . i wish i would have taken commerce in my +2 .. i really want to get out of this cursed pool(Indian IT Male) .
It's not cursed @pjgmat - I believe it's one thing that has transformed Indian dynamics and job market. Imagine India without IT :D
On a lighter note, yeah people definitely wanna join IIM, but why are they hesitant when they themselves are no less than IIM... :P
You know what I mean, don't you?

Cheers,

There are a lot of opportunities in IT field after MBA, though competition is more for an IT professional to get into a B-School ! 😉

@rahulg83 how do we get appplication fee waiver ?