Kolkata Community Service

Hey all, Are people in Kolkata interested in the initiative? Post your views !! Ketan PS: I recently got shifted to kolkata and want to revive the initiative. I looked at this thread but couldnt continue on it since it is 167 days old…

Hey all,

Are people in Kolkata interested in the initiative? Post your views !!

Ketan
PS: I recently got shifted to kolkata and want to revive the initiative. I looked at this thread but couldnt continue on it since it is 167 days old. (Thats the error I got)

count me in...i'll be there for a few days..will get in touch with this thread..when i reach cal

ciao..

What happened to the other guys ?? I expected lot of replies...

Ketan

If anyone wants to do volunteer work in Kolkata can check out the following:

a) AID Kolkata :
http://kolkata.aidindia.org/

b) Asha Kolkata

[email protected]

The group was inactive for the past one year. But after my mails, few old people have awaken (and some have inspiringly kept the ASHA spirits alive), Join the group to know more.

c) CRY Kolkata

[email protected]

Contact Ms Trina Chakravorty of CRY, Kolkata.
She is the Asst Manager for calcutta office.
(PM me if you want her number)
Some people I found were volunteering for Praajak which is funded by CRY.

Hope that helps.

Ketan

i dunno whether ketan is active nowadays here but would wnt to kickstart activities in kolkata since this city for long has been the quitest in PG map...

first of all would want to know who are the PagaLs from kolkata ...plz pm me or post it here so that we can form an activity group and start working here

ketan if u r still active pm me ur number...would want to kickstart something here

chalo kolkata

ciao..

I am active here in Kolkata but no so much on PG now-a-days... I have started working for AID Kolkata.

Check out the wonderful work AID Kolkata is doing.

Ketan

I am active here in Kolkata but no so much on PG now-a-days... I have started working for AID Kolkata.

Ketan

count me in , hey , kurtz yu also in kolkata kya , koto din achis , ill be here , came here after placements , we can all be part of this k
bengal tiger
coolrahine k

Ketan

hey count me in too ketan ..... how should go about it ?? plz PM me the details / ur contact ...... u can also add me on y ! / msn

thanx

Hi, me too interested in community service, is anything up? i contacted aid kolkata and dropped my e mail id and other details but there wasn't any reply from them, what kind of services are you ppl involved here in kolkata. Plz somebody shed some light...

miki_crazy Says
Hi, me too interested in community service, is anything up? i contacted aid kolkata and dropped my e mail id and other details but there wasn't any reply from them, what kind of services are you ppl involved here in kolkata. Plz somebody shed some light...

Hi all,
is this the latest thread for community service in Kolkata??? really hard to see that Kolkata has been almost out of the PG map.. let start a community service group guys..these kind of community is so frequent in places like blore ,chn,pune.... the PG itself is a proof...
i have also post a mesg for a PG meet in the following thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pg-kolkata-meet-25017693
but no replies :(
hai kolkata junta wake up n be a part of events..
TC

hi just bumped into this thread wd love to be a part of community service initiatives in kolkta pls pm me the details of the contact person of any of the organizations...

ankit_ag123 Says
hi just bumped into this thread wd love to be a part of community service initiatives in kolkta pls pm me the details of the contact person of any of the organizations...

Hi all,
If u guys r interested can check out the link Ketanm has given out...
CRY is a good one to start off...can contact the the person mentioned in Ketanm's post..
i visited the AIDs Kolkata site...their they have names of the contact person who ll help u become a volunteer in activities..
keep us aware of any other good organisation and activities..
TC

hi all

my name is milind and recently i got transfered to kolkata.i have taken pg accomadation at lake gardens.If some one in lake gardens is prparing for GMAT/CAT plz reply as i m searching new freinds at lake gardens.

hope some of u r really intrested.

Regard
milind

hey guyz,
it seems this thread is quiet for quite a while.
ketan and other friends in kolkata..pls count me in any initiative that you all are uoto.
waitin for reply

regards

hey guyz,
it seems this thread is quiet for quite a while.
ketan and other friends in kolkata..pls count me in any initiative that you all are uoto.
waitin for reply

regards

Bumped.
Anybody interested any initiative in Kolkata, pour in your ideas.
Puys already involved in any kind of social activity, we're eager to hear your experiences. 😃

hi everyone
i also bumped into dis thread
i have been a volunteer wid cry(child right n you)
im in d newstrack group.we are a group of 5-6.individually we track 1 particular news paper n look for child related news.at d end of every 3 months we make a compilation to analyze d kind of news n trends if any.we are a resource for other groups at cry n also we look out 4 child sensitive news n take action against them.we also write 2 editors highlighting newses n bringing them some facts we have collected.
its n interesting thing plus since we are wannabe mbas so reading newspapers is a must for us n we get more from d papers now n are also more vigilant
if any1 wants to be a part of our group or join cry(there are various other groups n all very flexible according 2 ur needs) u can pm me

I am associated with a free school run by NGO VIKRAMSHILLA in kolkata . Do not think I am any CAT aspirant ,I may write CAT but MBA is not among my priority now (since more self analysis needed) anybody willing to set up any support organization in kolkata I am interested to make a group and work for children .If anybody willing let us form a group

Hello kolkatans,
I am a volunteer with CRY and currently me and my group is working on an initiative that monitors proper enforcement of the Right to Education act in various Govt. schools. We are focusing on 3 areas now namely Howrah, Dhakuria and Rajabazar. We need some volunteers for the Rajabazar area. If someone is interested to volunteer in the cause than please PM me. I would be glad to get back.

Regards,
Aditya

Hello kolkatans,
I am a volunteer with CRY and currently me and my group is working on an initiative that monitors proper enforcement of the Right to Education act in various Govt. schools. We are focusing on 3 areas now namely Howrah, Dhakuria and Rajabazar. We need some volunteers for the Rajabazar area. If someone is interested to volunteer in the cause than please PM me. I would be glad to get back.

Regards,
Aditya

What is it that we will be required to do as volunteers? Please also throw some light when is it scheduled!!

Anand