Know your PGite - Gaurav a.k.a. the_dawg-Class of 2006, IIM-Ahmedabad

A conversation with Gaurav Dagaonkar, Class of 2006, IIM-Ahmedabad Heres the guy who was primarily responsible for the involvement of PaGaLGuY.com with Confluence 2004, the cultural secretary @ IIMA, The guy who literally counted his way into…

A conversation with Gaurav Dagaonkar, Class of 2006, IIM-Ahmedabad

Heres the guy who was primarily responsible for the involvement of PaGaLGuY.com with Confluence 2004, the cultural secretary @ IIMA, The guy who literally counted his way into IIMA @ the forums, Heres Gaurav Dagaonkar a.k.a the_dawg on the forums.

Under-Graduation: Mumbai University (B.E.- Info Tech.) Fresher

CAT Percentile: 99.31

Final Calls: A & L

CAT Gyaan:

----> Identify your strengths and strengthen them

----> Analyse the mocks very carefully

----> Stay Cool

----> Keep choosing whatever you can Score

----> Go for quality attempts

Gaurav, @ A, loves these:

----> God-Level Profs

----> Some students @ A, real studs

----> Good infrastructure

And he isnt particularly fond of:

----> Crazy hard work

----> Little sleep (can vouch for the insanely few hours that gaurav slept during confluence 😉 )

----> Very few holidays

Loves these @ PaGaLGuY forums:

----> Discussions before CAT; really good

----> Get to know a lot of good strategies

----> One gets to know a lot of people, some really fundoo ones (ahem 😉 )

----> Makes you aware what others are doing

Guarav sez he sleeps for close to 3.5hrs on weekdays and around 5hrs on weekends (am personally inclined to cut these figures by atleast 20% considering my xp with him over the 5 days that I spent with him !!)

His take on Life @ IIMA:

----> Pretty fast

----> Loads of work with very little time

----> Good Co-operative Junta

----> Very informal atmosphere

----> Attention on learning in class

Survivers kit @ IIMA:

----> Dont have any misconceptions

----> Term1 is really hard, so one has gotta slog

----> Get your priorities right if you wanna understand where you wanna go.

----> Be prepared to slog, benefits are too good

----> Learn some accounting before coming here

He feels the driving force for freshers on campus is placements while for people with work-ex in excess of 3yrs, it is learning.

Sound Bytes:

----> CAT is NOT a matter of life & death

----> IIMs are NOT the only good institutes

----> Learning only matters

----> Be yourself in interviews

----> Be Focussed

Parting-Shot:

PaGaLGuY.com ROCKS!!! Keep surfing it till atleast the results are out; it brings you so much luck 😃 (so true gaurav, right !)

gaurav's post is reallyu inspiring and n eyeopener to b focussed for any one going for CAT'05!!as i found it gud

Good work Subbu :-)
But this sleep wala funda is something I don't understand. People in B-schools get only 27-28 hours in a week to rest. If this continues for even 2 months, one's health would get spoiled easily. I understand 3-4 hours sleep at times, but daily...is something I feel over-exaggerated.

But this sleep wala funda is something I don't understand. People in B-schools get only 27-28 hours in a week to rest. If this continues for even 2 months, one's health would get spoiled easily. I understand 3-4 hours sleep at times, but daily...is something I feel over-exaggerated.

Not to qn the veracity of ur proposition, but A really stretches u "beyond ur normal human
limits".

And I can assure u, the 3-4 hrs sleep funda is not in the least overdone :).

ranjan

dont worry its absolutely not over exaggerated its absolutely possible......v've done tht for close to 10 months now.....:)
Good work Subbu :-)

I can relate my personal observations.....During the period when Confluence was held, Gaurav, and many others, would prolly have slept a little over 2hrs max daily.....And on the final day, a sunday, i dont really recall that guy, or ranjan or sushanth or nikhil, sleeping.....I was talking to them around 2 or 3AM and those guys were planning on their next day's highly probably quiz

Cheers

there seems to be a cheerful insanity surrounding India's elite institutes namely., IIMs and IITs. Wonder if that is the case in Harvard , Stanford and MIT. If it is the case, funny how they dont make it an issue. But i doubt if that is the case. Raguram Rajan once said that teaching in MIT, Kelloggs and Wharton are nothing quite like IIMs

srikrishnan Says
there seems to be a cheerful insanity surrounding India's elite institutes namely., IIMs and IITs. Wonder if that is the case in Harvard , Stanford and MIT. If it is the case, funny how they dont make it an issue.

LOL, take a peakboo here - http://www.harbus.org/news/878678.html

Simbaaaaaaa

hey, nice link. i guess elite instis are the same world over. just that we tend to take it too seriously (atleast i did and i know quite a few people who think like i do).

Just wanted to add one more piece of info on Gaurav. He has taken his interest in music forward by way of opting for a summers @ Times Music. Who says you cannot pursue your interests while doing your MBA !!! :)

Cheers

Just wanted to add one more piece of info on Gaurav. He has taken his interest in music forward by way of opting for a summers @ Times Music. Who says you cannot pursue your interests while doing your MBA !!! :)

Cheers

way to go gaurav ... good luck for your summers .

He happens to be my school junior ... Go Xavierite

Is this the same guy??

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1444805.cms

If so HATS OFF man...

Seriously love to meet you some day...

Dil khush kiya boss...

Hehe......Way to go Gaurav :thumbsup: Living upto your dreams...All da very best pal :)

Cheers

Amazing stuff!

was he the one who played the guitar on NDTV Special report on IIMs ?
dooba dooba rehta hoon ankhon mein teri???

And if I'm not mistaken, the Mansur mentioned in the article is Iceman :)

Cheers

Cheers

yup, thats rite: http://www.pagalguy.com/73548-post34.html
It takes a lot of mettle to say NO to $$ jobs and pick a GUITAR

Gaurav has released his LP recently,if any guyz @A cud let us knw,frm where v cud pick his album,'coz i guess,he's nt regular @PG anymore.
wud appreciate if v cud encourage uncharted talents like these and support him and his band in making an enroute to savor their Dreams.

-Dilip-

Gaurav has released his LP recently,if any guyz @A cud let us knw,frm where v cud pick his album,'coz i guess,he's nt regular @PG anymore.
wud appreciate if v cud encourage uncharted talents like these and support him and his band in making an enroute to savor their Dreams.

-Dilip-

The cd still hasnt been released.......only the demo songs have been.....so ppl jus wait n then buy the cd.....:)

Cheers

add to this the_dawg: Gaurav..!!

God, that's why i simply love PG..!! it gives us the wings to fly higher & higher..!!

ROCK ON PG..!! , proud to be a PGite!!:)
SHEKHAR