Know all about MDI Gurgaon!!!!

hii guys . I am a PG03 student. Was requested by a lot of the freshers i know to float this, to answer the queries u all may have…Just shoot all your queries i would be happy to answer them. and yes congrats on making it till here…

hii guys . I am a PG03 student. Was requested by a lot of the freshers i know to float this, to answer the queries u all may have..Just shoot all your queries i would be happy to answer them. and yes congrats on making it till here....

hi vikas,
thanks for sparing ur time with us.i am frm tamil nadu.i hv got into the pgp-hrm course.can u let me knw the starting salary for a hr student?do girls hv individual rooms?shld we bring matresses also? we were informed that the college reopens on 25th june.if i come there 2 days before with my mom,will she b allowed to stay with me for a day or so?which bank has got its ATM inside the campus?
i was desperately in need of someone to answer these questions.i wld b happy if u help me out.thanks a lot.
from
ramyasri

Hi vikas

My profile:Btech with 80% from MNNIT,Allahabad(formerly REC,Allahabad) in Information Technology.

Secured job in TCS with 18000 gross 13,000 in hand.

CAT percentile:96.48

1.I would like to know what sort of salaries one can look forward to with no work ex after passing out from MDI(i mean that in hand salary not the bloated ctc figures given by companies)

2. Do companies like HLL,P&G;,HSBC,McKinsey,Citibank,J&J;,E&Y; or any other major multinationals visit the campus,if not then why since they do visit colls like SPJ,Nitie which are said to be in the same league as MDI.

I see that mostly Indian majors are coming for recruitment is that true and mostly ppl have got offers like 4.25 lacs with just around 20,000 in hand??

3. How is the infrastructure,hostels(are they air conditioned).

4. I really want to learn(that didnt happen at REC just last din maggo and then u give exams , does MDI provide a conducive atmosphere??

5. Will my doing an MBA not from IIM always be hamper my growth when i am in the industry? I mean where is MDI placed in industry perception...

6. What about summer placements:is it jugaad se or companies do visit
the campus(what sort of remuneration they give in training)

7. Which bank has the ATM inside tha campus

8. Do we need to bring the matress

9. which company did u land the job and what package they are offering you.

10. I have also heard that finance placements are really poor.

11. What sort of changes one can expect while Mr. Pritam Singh is there.

hii ramya,
i guess thats your name..
anyways see this pgphr is starting for the first time so i wont be able to predict the salaries but yes i can tell u that its going to be great as your placements are assured by the national HRD network where in the top 30 companies of india have come in together. as for your individual room in MDI we have twin sharing rooms and yes u have to get your own matress but u get them here nearby so u need not worry. but yes dont worry the new girls hostel has just been made and its simply great.
now as for the atm's i heard sbi has installed one in the campus.But yes there is a market nearby where the atm's of all the banks are there icici,hdfc,citibank,abn amro,idbi to name a few.
as for your coming early i fear that wont be possible as they allow u to occupy the rooms only one day in advance.
if u have any more queries just mail me at [email protected] i would be glad to help u out.

vikas

repeating myself for waitlisters at mdi who missed this post in the other thread..

called up mdi and they said that the wait list wud come at 12 noon tomorrow.
they also said that 100+ ppl had paid up.... so its all over for ppl like me...

a long list dude anyways...

1.I would like to know what sort of salaries one can look forward to with no work ex after passing out from MDI(i mean that in hand salary not the bloated ctc figures given by companies)

a: see genrally this year the freshers have got better jobs and to tell the truth if u crack day 0 or 1 u can expect anythg between 35000-54000 in hand.

2. Do companies like HLL,P&G;,HSBC,McKinsey,Citibank,J&J;,E&Y; or any other major multinationals visit the campus,if not then why since they do visit colls like SPJ,Nitie which are said to be in the same league as MDI.

A: Hll Citibank came in this year.As for the others they are not far the corporate world is knowing us so they should be in the line. as for the other institutes see we are just 10 years old so it takes time for your alumni to develop their credit so another 3-4 years...

3. How is the infrastructure,hostels(are they air conditioned).
no airconditions dude in the hostels but yes everythg else is like classrooms library etc.infrastructure is great one of the best. i can assure u that.

4. I really want to learn(that didnt happen at REC just last din maggo and then u give exams , does MDI provide a conducive atmosphere??
A: here u are on your toes always .

5. Will my doing an MBA not from IIM always be hamper my growth when i am in the industry? I mean where is MDI placed in industry perception...
A: Its great and picking up.

6. What about summer placements:is it jugaad se or companies do visit
the campus(what sort of remuneration they give in training)
A: this year we placed all through campus.about 78 companies visited us for that.stipends range from 5000-15000/pm even foriegn summers were there..

7. Which bank has the ATM inside tha campus
A; SBI, but yes there is a market nearby where the atm of all the banks are there i really mean all...
8. Do we need to bring the matress
A: Yes, u also get it near by...

9. which company did u land the job and what package they are offering you.
A: I am doing my summers in ICICI Prudential 10000/pm+airfare...decent enough i think....
10. I have also heard that finance placements are really poor.
A: this year more fin jobs than mark... we even had tresuary openings this time....
11. What sort of changes one can expect while Mr. Pritam Singh is the
A: he is simply great . he will change MDI around. this year we could see it in the senoirs placemensts.....

i think that should help u... if u have any more queries mail me at [email protected]
i would be glad to help u...
MDI rocks man!!!!!

hey vikas
my name is ketan and i was planning to visit MDI to pay the second installment .. so that i could get an idea about the hostel accomodations and what all stuff i would have to carry and all that. is it necessary? or should i directly land up for the course.
also i have heard that MDI would send out pre joining assigments .. is it true or some rumour picked up on the forum? and if they do send the assignments .. what are they all about
i have already met uttiya and abhishek when they were in mumbai for te GD/PI i have also been in contact with prakash prabhu through this forum .. nice to know you guys.
seeya at MDI really soon

hii ketan,
see its your choice but it is not neccesary to visit mdi before. you can just come n for the course.Yeah we had recieved pre-joining assisgnments but they are not an every year affair it is all decided by the profs abut yes u shuld expect something if not assisgnments then definately a whole lot of pre readings s o that u are ok with yoru basics as we saw that engineers had no clue about accounts and similar for other greaduates who had no clue about powerpoint and excel whinch have o use here everyday... so it just that u are better equipped before actually taking on the ride...
u seem to be from mumbai and so am i here currently. if u have any queries then contact me on 9892616386..

cheers
vikas

Hi Vikas,
Thanks for sparing time for us buddy.i have some queries.

1.How good is the lateral placement in MDI.i have Workex of 33 Months in TCS and i'll be eyeing that(Lateral Placement) when my turn comes in 2006.What packages were offered this year in Laterals?

2.Is it possible to shift into finance having worked in IT for a period of around 33 Months.

Hi
see the lateral placements this year were great simply great.IBM,Oracle,JP Morgan, were there to name a few.We placed around 35 people this year in laterals and the offers were from 6.5 upto 12.5 lakhs..
now as for your changing into finance u can easily do that but when u have such a substantial workex in it it doesnt make sense to do that u can alwys do a fin minors as we have a dual specialization here in MDI.

Hi,

Do we have any Alumni meets in Delhi around 22nd May? If yes, please let us know.

Thanks,
Saurabh

see genrally this year the freshers have got better jobs and to tell the truth if u crack day 0 or 1 u can expect anythg between 35000-54000 in hand.

i have heard that the entire batch gets placed in 1 day then what is this day 0 and day1 . it was stated in some journal that the entire batch was placed in 6 hrs flat this yr. so please clarify.Besides what was the lowest in hand salary for a fresher this yr?

yes i think the delhi meet is on the 22. u should recieve a call. if not just confirm with any of the people over mail.

ya it true that the batch got placed in 6 hrs. but that is day 1. before that u have a day 0 where in all the top slotted and foriengn placements offering companies come in. these are the companies whose pay packets are he highest.dude once u come in a b school the first thing u learn is all about the day 0's and 1's so dont worry its still two years before u need to worry. so chill out !!!!!

Hey guys, lets just put some of ur thoughts to rest..............
Honestly, if ur looking at a big pay cheque, a fundoo lifestyle etc, forget a Bschool(not MDI but any bschool for that matter). Those are fantasies and its better they remain as fantasies. I dont seem to sound pessimistic but its just a word of caution. Regarding placing the whole batch in 6 hrs, we placed about 30+ guys in laterals, another 25-30 guys got PPOs. So effectively half the batch was placed before the placement day. There are a few companies which come and do their initial rounds of selection process before the final day(and these are just the initial rounds, allowed for some of the most preffered companies on campus, again decided by the batch getting place), but final placement happens only on the day of final placements. This year was good and luckily we had to place slightly over half the batch on the last day and the whole thing wound up just under 6 hours.
Regarding assaignments and induction, ive already posted on another thread, would just cut paste it here...........read on;

Hey all
i guess lots of u have lots of doubts regarding ur first day at MDI plus the assaignments u might be getting(Ive gotten 8-10 mails already on the same)......thought id post in some pointers....
Regarding Assaignment:
Assaignment is normally decided by the Academic council which frames the assaignments based on the profile of the batch. Its a preparatory course.....for ex last year we were given a small project along with some company visits, some personal questions and some topics to prepare. Assaignment, you guys would realise, becomes real important 1) to catch up with what fundae the prof is throwing in a quant or accounting class 2) ur graded on ur assaignments.....at mdi 4 Ds or 2 Fs = kick out of the course(and this is during ur whole 2 yrs and not just for a single term). It carries a weightage of 1 credit and it could make or break ur grades in term 1.
Regarding the first day at college:
24th i guess would be registration day for u....which means ur course begins from 25th onwards. You would have an Induction course where in the faculty last year helped us develop some HR skills, made us get used to the CASE method of learning, helped us with improving our presentation skills and also some corporate interactions.
Friends term1 is gona be real tough on you guys, you would realise that a lot of physical and mental pressure is exherted on you throught the term, but it eases out after term one, not becoz the schedule gets easier but only becoz u guys woulda learnt to prioritize things in life as well as beat the system.
If you guys wana know anything more in particular mail me as usual
Im moving to bangalore tomorrow evening and would be there till the first of June......so if anybody from bangalore wants to meet up, just mail or pm me and il give ya my contact number, we could fix up and meet.
My email id is [email protected](my yahoo mesg id too).
luv
bingo

Hope the above information helps, and for any individual queries, pm me or mail me or vikas. Guys in mumbai, u can get in touch with vikas and meet up with him if u want to personally ensure u have all ur doubts cleared
me in bangalore from tomorrow night to june 1st..... there are a few guys in chennai, delhi, and a few other places......if u guys want the contact of one of my batchmates who might be in ur town, just pm me and il give u his/her contact. Do enjoy ur holidays now, u can be rest assured taht u cant njoi atleast for the first 3 months once u land up here, but also devote some time to ur pre readings and assaignments as they are graded and the faculty views it very seriously.
luv
bingo

Abe Bingo, you better meet me this time,, me too in bangalore, and my yahoo id is sachkal - Got it....

i am staying at iim b campus...so cyaa then..

cheers
SK

hi vikas,
this is ketan, well i heard something about a alumni meet and that freshers are also invited. i guess the delhi leg of the meet is already done with. when is it going to happen in mumbai?? i am a little busy with my final year engg exams and so dont know for sure. and are we really invited. and would be get a official invitation or are we supposed to gatecrash the party
one more question .. i have found practically no one from mumbai going to MDI besides me, has anyone from mumbai got in touch with you, besides sumit who is working in mumbai i presume.
please let me know about any onther people in mumbai.

hey vikas

i wud like to know if there are any exams in n around november/december at mdi? if not, how does the exam schedule go?

thanx
divya

yes dude u all are cordially invited. Its at the TAJ President on the 29th .. be there and expect it to be great fun...
as for other people in mumbai i am unaware of that. Get in touch with Suresh Ganpathy as he is coordinating the party here so may be he should be having the contacts.Get him at [email protected]...
chalo see u then at the party..

chill out!!!