KJ Somiya v/s Sydenham v/s Wellingkar's

Hi Guys, My colleague and a good friend is stuck with a total CET score of 165. (Any clue what his rank would be, as he is gone for reassesment and his current rank would not hold ?). More importantly, the reason I opened this thread: 1…

Hi Guys,

My colleague and a good friend is stuck with a total CET score of 165. (Any clue what his rank would be, as he is gone for reassesment and his current rank would not hold ?). More importantly, the reason I opened this thread:

1. What are the current rankings of the following institutes, considering the infrastructures, placements, Teaching qualities etc.
KJ Soumaiya
Sydneham
Wellingkar's
2. Would there be any increase in the intakes this year for these colleges?

Thanks,

Arun
Hi Guys,

My colleague and a good friend is stuck with a total CET score of 165. (Any clue what his rank would be, as he is gone for reassesment and his current rank would not hold ?). More importantly, the reason I opened this thread:

1. What are the current rankings of the following institutes, considering the infrastructures, placements, Teaching qualities etc.
KJ Soumaiya
Sydneham
Wellingkar's

Thanks,

Arun

Arun,

The rank in every category of CET is gonna be different n his candidature will obviously depend on his rank n the no. of seats in his category.. So to estimate the rank of ur frnd, it is essential that we know hi category.

1.) Current ranking.. Expressing only my personal opinion here...
Syd -> KJS -> Welling. in that order.
2.) As far as there has been no notification in this regard.. Moreover, Maharashtra already has 50% reservations for SC,ST n OBC's. So, in my view, there will be no increase in the no. of seats there. DTE does post the no. of seats in different colleges on its website.. Dunnow whn will DTE post it..

Ooops, I forgot - His Mumbai Home Univ candidate

Arun

Ooops, I forgot - His Mumbai Home Univ candidate

Arun

Am not an expert on Mumbai Home Univ. Candidates but I believe for a score of 165, his rank wud be some whr between 350-375.
destinationsunil Says
Am not an expert on Mumbai Home Univ. Candidates but I believe for a score of 165, his rank wud be some whr between 350-375.

Sorry to add another question.........does it mean he has a chance with those ranks, to get even into a paid seat at any of the 3 places ?

Thanks

Arun
Sorry to add another question.........does it mean he has a chance with those ranks, to get even into a paid seat at any of the 3 places ?

Thanks

Arun

Dunno if thr r any paid seats in these colleges.. Am not really sure whther ur frnd will get an admit on these seats or not..

U might wanna got to http://www.dte.org.in/mba/mba2005-06.asp for more info on last year.. :neutral: :neutral:

Hey mate,

I tend to agree with the rankings fr nw, Syd better than KJ better than Welingkar. But, my gut feeling says that a coupla years down the line Welingkar is gonna be one helluvah college, and a coveted college as well.

With a rank of 350 in Mumbai, obviously his chances are bleak in getting into any of these colleges. So, either hope that his/her rank drastically improves or many opt out. Other wise, lemme put it this way, there are 42 seats for open category Mumbai studnts in JB, add another 100 for the 2 other colleges. 300 still seems far off, aint it?

Hope that helped mate...

Sun

Hi,
from what i know for 162 the ranks range from 300 - 330 so his will definetly b better.. however no chance in the top four if his rank is outside 150..
cheers,
Lloyd

Can you add PUMBA in this comparision list?

hey even if ur rank is around 300 odd or so..... there r chances, as there will b lot of cancellations.... so tell ur friend to continuously go to somaiya and welingkars once the list is out..........i cannot guarantee but u can always try.....n even after college begins in august, there will still b a few vacant seats....so keep tryin till mid august.........

cheers,
hetal

hi arun,
thanks man, finally looking forward to join a good place

As per your querry, let me state some data.

cutoffs for mumbai uni last years are
JB: rank 46
Sydh: rank 83
KJ somaiya: rank 125
welingkar: rank 146

with 165, he would have a rank of about 250.
This year, in top 250 nranks, just 26 are from outside mumbai university.
So, his mumbai rank must be about 220-225.
My personal take is, he has very low chance to make to any of the places u mentioned.

Also, i havent heard of any paid seats in MMS courses. If u mean management quota, then the rank and scores are immaterial.
I dont have any news about the change in intake. Infact I am worried if they reduce the seats, i shouldnt loose my seat:neutral:

Hello.
I am a Degree Final year student and I
Want to apply at the Pantaloon Retail
Management course. Can you please tell me what
kind of Questions are asked in the
written exam? Actually how to prepare
for the written exam? Are the question
put in the CAT pattern? And what kind
of topics are asked in the GD & PI?
Thank you
With a score of 165, his rank shld b somewhere b/w 230 n 245N with this rank its tough to get into any of the B Schools that have been mentioned hereAFA as the increase in the no. of seats r concerned, well thats unlikely to happen, coz had there been any such plan, it wld have been mentioned in the brochureThings related to MMS are pretty much transparent n so surely there wont b any increase in the no. of seats
But all said n done, if n theres a huge IF in ques hereSyd does decide to consider CET scores for their PG course, then your pal mite have an outside chance to make it to, say, WelingkarAn outside chance only still, that too in the Cancellation RoundThe cut-offs mentioned by Nakul r absolutely true, hence I wont b stating them again
AFA as comparing the Inst. r concerned, Id actually say that they r all pretty much in the same leagueComparing them is akin to comparing IMT-G, NMIMS n TAPMIA lot of ppl will prefer 1 over the other but most ppl wld agree with me when I say that theres not much to choose b/w the threeAs they say in Hindi, Unnees Bees ka farak hai, bas
That said, if 1 were to compare them on certain parameters that u mentioned.Heres my take
InfraWel>>>>>>>>>>KJS>>>>Syd
Wel is in a league of its ownUnincredibly posh campus with almost every facility that 1 can think of presentKJS is fast catching up(Surely its the Wel effect )Syds infra is non-existent
PlacementsSyd>>KJ>Wel
Syds Fairly strong alumni base(Okk, dont laugh at this word now, esp if u r an IIM or a JB stud:neutral: ; Syd too has an alumni base after all ) is a factor herePrbbly the Cgate location is also a key thng that works in their favorKJ is next n Wel a close 3rd
Teaching QltsSorry, no idea
Yeh thi khabre Aaj Tak, intezaar kijiye kal tak
Rgrds,
Brij.

P.S. Added 2 more points, next post:neutral:

KJ Soumaiya
Sydneham
Wellingkar's

Thanks,

Arun
Because of this, i.e coz of the fact theres not much to choose b/w the 3 afa as placements r concerned, there r many who look at other factors while opting 1 over the otherChief amongst them being The Fees

An MMS frm Wel or KJ will cost u somewhere around 2 lacs while 1 frm Syd costs just abt 64kN so when u have 3 B Schools that offer u more/less similar Pay Packages, obv it makes gr8 Economic Sense to choose the 1 that charges the least n that too by nearly 3 times:wow: But then u have some who even consider Travelling Time which is actually not all that wrong esp wrt a Non Residential ProgLike 4 eg. The guy who bagged the Highest Pay Packet frm KJS chose it over Syd simply coz he stayed at SCruz which is jus abt 20 min away frm VVihar

DarnEnough of my Essay now

tAtA:)

AFA as comparing the Inst. r concerned, Id actually say that they r all pretty much in the same leagueComparing them is akin to comparing IMT-G, NMIMS n TAPMIA lot of ppl will prefer 1 over the other but most ppl wld agree with me when I say that theres not much to choose b/w the threeAs they say in Hindi, Unnees Bees ka farak hai, bas

guys as far as mms is concerned is welingkars really that good?. i heard its all nly hype?
donno exactly. i guess seniors may help. neways ill be opting 4 pumba be4 welingkars.

hi guys

my cet score is also 165/240. univ rank is 212.
but i have a slight advantage of being gujrati!
i have applied to guju quota in k.j.
can anyone help me to know as to what are the chances of me getting through in k.j.
also pleaz give me som other options like chetna,met. whoch ones are worth pondering
i am B.E(instru). but poor acads. and tough to get good tech jobs

hi guys my core is 150/240
applied to guju quota in somaiya
merit no is 722
do i have a chance

HI , with 160 my rabk is 371 and with 165 he would surely be somewhere between 275-315 .. that my personal experience & if he gets 275 also .. syd , kjs , welingar are out of scope ..
because the last candiate to get shd have around 160 rank ...

Thanks

Arun

Ppl ... Will You Put Pumba Above All The 3 B Schools Mentioned?