kj somaiya interview calls!!

hi allwin, i recieved an interview call from KJsomaiya.may i know how the interview and gd process would be.also,let me know what is the standing of KJsomaiya with respect to placements. regards, bhavana

hi allwin,

i recieved an interview call from KJsomaiya.may i know how the interview and

gd process would be.also,let me know what is the standing of KJsomaiya with

respect to placements.

regards,

bhavana

Hi

I got a call too. whens ur interview. I dont know what they will give for gd.Is there any chance of a case study?

Candidates will be undergoing a Written Communication Test / Aptitude Test in addition to GD/PI. The details,they say be announced at the respective center before the start of GD/PI. This is what i found out abt their Placement scene:

AIMS Communications,Ambience,Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.,Credence,ETC,FCB ,ka,HTA,i2i Media Ltd.,Indian Express,Leo Burnett,Mid-Day,Milestone Enterainment,Reader's Digest,Rediffusion,Sony Entertainment,UTV,Zee TV.

Banks

ABN-Amro Bank,Bank of Nova Scotia,BNP Paribas,Exim Bank,Global Trust Bank,HDFC Bank,Vyasa Bank,,Chemical & Pharmaceuticals,Alkylmines,Dr.Reddy's Labs,E-Merck,Galaxy Surfactants,Glaxo (I) Ltd.,Nicholas Piramal,Pfizer Ltd.,Shamrock Pharma,Somaiya Organo Chemicals,Torrent Group
Trans Asia Biomedicals,TTK Pharma,Vardhaman Chemical,Vam Organics,Wockhradt.

Consultancy

BCG,Frost & Sullivan,Haribhakti,MAP ConsultancyMcKinsey,,Monarch Consultancy,Moores Rowland,Planman,QIMPRO,Samsika Marketing,TECS,Universal,Consulting,

Consumer Durables

HLL,Bergers Paints,,Blow Plast Ltd.,Bombay Dyeing,Electrolux,Godrej Appliances,Godrej & Boyce,Godrej-Sara Lee,Godrej Telecom,Godrej Pacific,Goodlass Nerolac,Mirc Electronics,Murugappa Group,Samsonite,TTK Prestige,TVS Electronics,Voltas,Modi- Xerox,,Engineering.

Armstrong World Industries,Essar Group,Essel Packaging,Gammon India,Garware ,ll Ropes,Hindustan Composite Ltd.,HPCL,INDAL,Indian Rayon,Indo Rama,JK Tyres Ltd.,Larsen & Toubro,Mahindra & Mahindra,Mercedes Benz,Mattler
Mukand Engineers.Multi Arc India Ltd.,,SIKI Bearings,Paper Products Ltd.,Rane ,akeliners,Reliance Industries Ltd.,Reliance Petroleum,Spanco Industries,Sterlite Group,SteelAge Industries (I) Ltd.,Tata Liebert Ltd.,TELCO

Information Technology

ACCEL ICIM,Aptech Ltd,BAAN Software,Boshu Technologies,Byzen Systems,Clearship Infotech Pvt. Ltd.,CMC,DSQ Software,,Global Telesystems,Himachal Futuristic Ltd.,ICICI Infotech,i-Flex Solutions,IIS,IMR,,Indbazar,Innovative Systems,Karrox,L&T; Infotech Ltd.,Mastek ,td,Matlal Consultancy,Mahindra Applied Systems Technology,MBT,Mediline,Microland Software,TATA Teleservices,

Logistics

ABG Shipping,Blue Dart,Elbee,Gati,Geologistics,Maersk Sealand,Sembawang ,
Sriram,Transworld.

Market Research

AC Nielsen,Blackstone,Direm IMRB,Indica Research,IRIS,ORG-MARG,Probity,Research,Quantum Market Research,TN Sofres Mode.

Retailing and Services

Crossroads,Geo Design,Sai Services,Shopper's Stop,Taj Group.

Bye

Deejay 😃

hi deejay,

thanks for the placement info.i am having my interview at Cathedral Comp.

Pre-University College ,Bangalore on 31 march at 1pm.how about u'rs?

regards,
bhavana

Hi Bhavna

My interview is in delhi itself on 2 April.
u from Bangalore? Actually I got into ICFAI Bangalore Finance but i am still awaiting the IMT results, they r delaying the results. Hows ICFAI?

deejay

Hello,

Was away for the week, so couldn't catch up with the posts.

KJ Somaiya in terms of CET would be ranked in the order of JBIMS, NMIMS, SYDENMHAM/KJSOMAIYA.

Now in terms of CET , it does sound good. Making it the 3/4th ranked college. However in terms of autonomous rankings, it wouldn't stand very high. They call around 1000 students for the GD/PIs. The process is pretty simple and stress free. I would recommend you go and talk to the students of the institute when you attend your GD/PI. That should help you make your mind about the institute.

With respect to placements, it is a decent institute. Packets of 1.8/pa would be doing the rounds at the institute at this time since that is what is happening at Sydenham and their likes.

Regards,

hi allwin,

nice to see u back on forum again and thanks for the info. 😃

deejay,i heard that there are no proper placements at ICFAI campus since 2 years.

i got a call from ICFAI ,but did'nt attend the interview.hope this helps.

regards,
bhavana

What made you not attend ICFAI interviews ?

For attending ICFAI interviews,we have to pay an

amount of Rs.25,000 .though the CFA program has value in corporate

circles,seniors students from hyderabad centre said placements are nil and

discouraging.so,did'nt attend the interview.

bhavana

hi deejay,

am from guntur,andhra pradesh,not from bangalore.

bhavana

hi guys,
i am komal from bhopal.got a percentile of 88.82.missed nirma bcoz of di section.got call from KJSOM.can someone tell me about the institute and the real placement.i have the gd pi on 19 april.also i wanna know about the typical questions in the pi.by the way does anyone know about the written test in communication.will it be an essay or some grammer thing.i am desparately in need of help as i dont wanna lose the chance.i am in engg final year.

reply soon guys
komal

Hi komal.
KJ is decent enough institute, i visited the insti peresonally and it looked ok. the placemetn scene there is 30000 pa as told by students their. It has good value in MUMBAI. I am from indore, has a call too. Which all other calls do u have?

hi there is nothing typical about the prcoess their and its going to be a quick session. No essays just a general test on communication.

hey-am from mumbai-got 93 percentile nd KJ call-ya KJ is decent enuf//i got my gd/pi on 19th...anyone done with the gd/pi pls can u elaborate on the process nd the written thing? neone else got call for 19th noon session? hoping to hear soon frm u folks

Hi all!

Had my K J Somaiya GD/PI today, 10th April

Time: 1:30 pm
Venue: Cathedral College, Bangalore

The process began 1 hour late, despite there being just 45 candidates for morning session. For around an hour, they gave a presentation about their instt, courses offered, etc. etc. (really not necessary when we've already applied), plus a brief Q&A; session where we were supposed to get doubts clarified etc. etc. Then we had to fill in personal details on a blank sheet, in the format prescribed by them.

The main business kicked off with a "written communication test", or to put it simply, an essay. It should be around 300 words, time allotted 15 mins, a single sheet given (ruled on both sides). They have a database of around 30 topics, n we ought to come to a concensus about the number to opt for 😁 , not the topic itself. Our topic was "Communication in the Internet Age". Then we were divided in groups of around 10-13.

Then there was the GD, carried out simultaneously for all the groups. Our group had 9 guyz n 4 gals, sitting in 'U' shape. It was a case study. Each of us was provided with a sheet of the case (printed), length of the case was around half a standard A4 size sheet, and were given 2 mins to go thru the case. Then there was 13 mins of discussion. Finally, each of us had to chip in with his/her opinion about the discussion and possible conclusion in 30 seconds each. Advice/TIPS:- Carry your own rough sheets for rough work, if required. As it is a case-study, better refrain from assuming things not mentioned, or else u can even be bombed out of the debate/discussion...

Then there was PI, again simultaneously being carried out for all groups. It was largely a cool affair, with a balanced sprinkling of questions from HR-type to tech-type (i m an e&c; engg student) to current affairs to GK to even spiritualism :shock:
All said n done, the atmosphere was not all that tense n pressurising, so chillax n try n convert this one...

All the very best,
buck_was

Mr buck_was ... u posted ur gd pi info here and also opened a new thread with the same post ... wassup with man

puneet Says
Mr buck_was ... u posted ur gd pi info here and also opened a new thread with the same post ... wassup with man

Hi Puneet,

I had actually composed it on this thread first, but later on thought that there was not a single response as yet on this thread, so copied the same stuff on a new one. This was just for the sake of having "K J Somaiya GD/PI experience" as the heading of a thread, so that people needing the info can directly access the response thing. No other intentions, buddy...

Regds,
buck_was

i have a call from KJ on 19th in mumbai.i have come to know that its gonna be an essay.is there any techie around here.i just wanna how they go about the technical section.anyone having their gd pi before 19th plz share their exp.as soon as possible.

hi
is there someone in this forum who has his/her interview in delhi . have u guys got the receipt of the DD of 500. we need to bring it along at the time of the interview . my cat percentile is 89.16 . I would highly appreciate if any one can tell me about my chances .
good luck to all

receipt is not a problem I hadnt received mine , called up kj somaiya They told me not 2 worry and attend the gd pi Give it your best shot bcos CAT score has only 50 % weightage the rest GD + PI + Written comm is still in your hands.