KJ SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES PGDM RETAIL, admission queries 2011-13

Hello puys, KJ SIMSR one of the top 15 colleges in India according to the b skool survey by AIMA, was the 1st one to start RETAIL MANAGEMENT course, considering the tremendous potential for growth of the retail industry in India. Probably the …

Hello puys,
KJ SIMSR one of the top 15 colleges in India according to the b skool survey by AIMA, was the 1st one to start RETAIL MANAGEMENT course, considering the tremendous potential for growth of the retail industry in India.
Probably the only college to have full time faculty's for retail course along with placement facilities..
its a 2 year full time residential course which gives u complete knowledge about the retail industry, the pros and cons of retail sector.
1st year is general MBA and 2nd year specializes in RETAIL MANAGEMENT.

last years thread has loads of information regarding the admission process, placements etc about retail management course in simsr.
however, for queries regarding 2011-13 admission to simsr retail mba, this thread would be used and the previous thread would be locked,
feel free to shoot in your queries, myself and other seniors would help the aspirants.:

the link for previous thread is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/kj-somaiya-retail-management-2010-12-admissions-25050873

u can also post ur queries at http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=321&uid;=149366525105178#!/pages/K-J-Somaiya-Institute-of-Management-Studies-Research-Admission-Committee/149366525105178

HOPE THIS HELPS

Hi,
What is the average salary and the highest for retail management

Hi,
What is the average salary and the highest for retail management

the placement process is still on, the seniors have managed to float in decent number of companies, some of them are tcs, l&t;, future grp, shoppers stop, hdfc bank etc
highest package so far is 7.5l per anum
lowest is around 3lpa
avg is around 4.4lac per anum with half the batch placed so far!

hope this helps

wat is the cat cutoff for it?

i cannot comment on the cutoff at this point of time, but my estimate is that it would be on a lower side, as retail mba has less compitition, as it is in its nacent stage... to provide u with a figure, i expect it to b around 75 to 80 percentile

avolevilsaint Says
i cannot comment on the cutoff at this point of time, but my estimate is that it would be on a lower side, as retail mba has less compitition, as it is in its nacent stage... to provide u with a figure, i expect it to b around 75 to 80 percentile

i have got 72 in cat ., so i think it is end of world for me wth kj somaiya

can anyone tell me wich is d best discipline to choose in simsr, also they official website of kj somaiya claims the average package to b 6.3lpa and the highest to be 14.22lpa..how true is it? any insider of kj somaiya mite know this...im talking about d package in general not special for the retail management course..thanks...

bipinagarwal Says
i have got 72 in cat ., so i think it is end of world for me wth kj somaiya

i dont think you should loose all your hopes.
i cannot comment on ur admission to pgrm in simsr, before i knw abt ur profile, wrk ex if any....
and my gut feeling is 70 %tile as a cat cutofff... if SAT is not scrapped then u hav all the chance in the world to make it to simsr
helenwills Says
can anyone tell me wich is d best discipline to choose in simsr, also they official website of kj somaiya claims the average package to b 6.3lpa and the highest to be 14.22lpa..how true is it? any insider of kj somaiya mite know this...im talking about d package in general not special for the retail management course..thanks...

the packages mentioned on the website are TRUE, and there have been enormous amount of companies floating into the campus for summers and for final placements...
trust the website, somaiya is known for ethical education and no false info would be published on the website!
best discipline depends upon ur interests,,
normal PG course has its own advantages, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS is PG with an international perspective, RETAIL is totally different from the two, and MMS has similar specializations like PGDM, but admission process is through CET.
Choose according to ur interests and not according to the packages, rest assured, all courses are worthy enough in SIMSR to get into.

HOPE THIS HELPS

I have scored 86.23%le in CAT and have 14 months of Work Ex.... which course can I expect d call frm?

archit@kings Says
I have scored 86.23%le in CAT and have 14 months of Work Ex.... which course can I expect d call frm?

ur score is decent enough, u can expect a call from pgdm, ib and rm, but conversion is a bit difficult in pgdm, but ib and rm can b converted
u nid to do exceptionaly well to convert PGDM
i dont think you should loose all your hopes.
i cannot comment on ur admission to pgrm in simsr, before i knw abt ur profile, wrk ex if any....
and my gut feeling is 70 %tile as a cat cutofff... if SAT is not scrapped then u hav all the chance in the world to make it to simsr

thnx 4 the moral booster..pls suggest shud i go for it or not as i have 21 months of work ex 10th- 74 , 12th- 76, bcom- 55. Thnx 4 ur support
bipinagarwal Says
thnx 4 the moral booster..pls suggest shud i go for it or not as i have 21 months of work ex 10th- 74 , 12th- 76, bcom- 55. Thnx 4 ur support

ur work ex is good enough to crack pgdm rm, inspite of ur cat percentile, pgdm is not achievable at this scre, pgdm ib has a very SLIM CHANCE, but u can fill the form..
but i guess pgdm rm is convertible, provided u give a good performance in gd and pi
and it ultimately depends upon ur interests, weather u want to get into retail or not..
as pgdm and ib are different from retail, also the packages are not as high as theirs, but if u are interested in retail, then this is the place to be as somaiya is the pioneer in retail mgmt course and the 1st ones to begin with, and a strong brand name to support..

When can we expect gd pi list to be out??
Also i have 91% 30 months work ex. How are my chances.... and what is the placement scenario with work ex??? I have applied for PGDM

ur work ex is good enough to crack pgdm rm, inspite of ur cat percentile, pgdm is not achievable at this scre, pgdm ib has a very SLIM CHANCE, but u can fill the form..
but i guess pgdm rm is convertible, provided u give a good performance in gd and pi
and it ultimately depends upon ur interests, weather u want to get into retail or not..
as pgdm and ib are different from retail, also the packages are not as high as theirs, but if u are interested in retail, then this is the place to be as somaiya is the pioneer in retail mgmt course and the 1st ones to begin with, and a strong brand name to support..

wheo is the last date
When can we expect gd pi list to be out??
Also i have 91% 30 months work ex. How are my chances.... and what is the placement scenario with work ex??? I have applied for PGDM

this thread is not for pgdm, how ever with ur profile, ur chances are bright
this thread is for pgdm rm only 😃
bipinagarwal Says
wheo is the last date

forms are not yet issued for retail, last date should be around april end.. after cet results are out

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has an idea about the Somaiya PGDM 2011-13 results. Their website does not display anything yet

Regards
Archana

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has an idea about the Somaiya PGDM 2011-13 results. Their website does not display anything yet

Regards
Archana

u are on a wrong thread, this thread is for Retail management only, for ur querry, i gues the results are not yet out for the final list