kIAMS INFO

HI FRIENDS I am prabhu doing my first year PGDM here in KIAMS.this is just to help anyone who has query about KIAMS which takes less steps to promote itself. _KIAMS Is one of the decent b-schools in india which takes cat/xat scores for its a…

HI FRIENDS
I am prabhu doing my first year PGDM here in KIAMS.this is just to help anyone who has query about KIAMS which takes less steps to promote itself.
KIAMS Is one of the decent b-schools in india which takes cat/xat scores for its absorbtion.
It's known for its brand name of kirloskar.
It is located in Mysore kiloskar industry campus which is not functioning or liquidated now.when I gave cat last year I had confusion with score of 83 percentile and 3.5 years work exp.this is not an astonishing score but there is a school to choose based on our scores.when I asked queries about KIAMS in this forum I got demotivating and discouraging replies.
Now, not just I have joined here but there are facts which people outside never knew.
Kiams is a family where it absorbs only 50 -60 students every year.it is known for its infrastructure where many b-schools lag.however infrastructure is not the most important point to emphasise when peoples query is always about placements.i am not here to boast that kiams gives great placements.but it has given 100 % placements for the past two years is a fact with an average of around 3.5lakhs.this year in my senior batch also out of 48 students as of now placed are 43.average now comes around 4lkh per annum approximately.
In my batch I have students with 98 percentiles in xat and cat.they have lost in verbal mainly. more than 80% of my classmates are above 80 percentile students.
It follows CGPA system for evaluation.
It has compulsory jogging and sports session.
It has introduced a concept of BALANCED GRADE CARD WHICH EVALUATES STUDENTS ON OVERALL PERFORMANCE ALONG WITH ACADEMICS
We have visiting faculties from IIM A and he himself has applauded us for our creativity in all our extra curricular activities which he said he has never seen anywhere. he was emotionally attached to his words when he was saying this.
We have tight schedule mostly all days which prepares us for corporate environment.
We also conduct lot of events in which even students from IIM come and participate. we conduct one event which is village event not a college event where it is done in harihar,where our college is located .it is a rural marketing fair which brings in lot of companies for 4 days. With our system constraints of attendance compulsory our students manage this very well.it starts from promoting this in and around 500 villages in and around harihar.
Any other info pls enquire me over this forum
It is a decent institute only thing it is situated deep inside from Bangalore of about 240 kms from there.inspite of these it shows decent placements.
Prabhu.s

can u pls telll if i can expect a call from kirloskar wid score of 76%??

Hi,

I am interested in applying to KIAMS's PGDM program. Any idea what can be the cut off percentile thru XAT. I checked the website , but there is no "Admissions" link that I could find( Or may be I missed it) .

Plzz Lemme know

Thanks
santarocks

hi
can you tell me about the fee structure in KIAMS and the a bit about the facilities available??

hi friends

to answer the question of percentile .yes you have very good chances to get a call from KIAMS.

To answer fee structure .

its a trimester course .every term you will be paying around 80k.as a whole it costs 4.9 lakhs approximately.including hostel+term fees.

regd. facilities

excellent hostel rooms
wi-fi campus
24 hours internet-comp lab
ground for playing
swimming pool

i suggest to browse through our web-site

the cut -0ff can be 75-80 this time.but even if you are above 70 just make a try.it depends on the score of people applying along with u.

hi friends

to answer the question of percentile .yes you have very good chances to get a call from KIAMS.

To answer fee structure .

its a trimester course .every term you will be paying around 80k.as a whole it costs 4.9 lakhs approximately.including hostel+term fees.

regd. facilities

excellent hostel rooms
wi-fi campus
24 hours internet-comp lab
ground for playing
swimming pool

i suggest to browse through our web-site

the cut -0ff can be 75-80 this time.but even if you are above 70 just make a try.it depends on the score of people applying along with u.

Hi,

I know KIAMS is an Autonomous Insti and the course not approved thru AICTE. Does this make a difference in the long run. In terms of value of the degree and placements .

Can I apply with a XAT score of say 72%ile ??

Also the website says the last date to submit app with a copy of CAT/XAT Score card till Jan 30th? But the XAT result doesn't come out till Jan 31st . How to submit app? Can u confirm frm admissions office ??

Please help

Cheers
Santarocks

Hi Prabhu

I have already purchased the KIAMS form. But what I'm not sure about is - can we apply with a printout of our CAT scores? I did call up KIAMS and the lady who answered said yes. But I'd like to confirm. I haven't received the actual scorecard via post. Would you know about this?

Thanks

Aparna

Hi seniors,
moi score
eu--91 percentile
reasoning-86.6
quant--62.63:sad: :robot:
overall--87.960:satisfie:
what are my chances of gettin the call?
plz help not at all satisfied with this score

I have applied to kiams on the 13th with my cat score of 76percentile. I also have decent acads and 2.5 yrs work ex. Do i stand a chance of a call? Also i have not received payment confirmation yet. Can someone pls help.

hi
i hv scored 79%ile in xat...do i hv any chances of gettin call frm kiams...
plz guide me..shuld i fill the form?????
n do thy hv sectional cut offs also???

hey im applying wid 76%.....i hope i do get a call

btw what was the highst package this time??

Hi Prabhu,

I have a 96.6 percentile in XAT but my verbal percentile is very low. Does KIAMS consider overall percentile or do they have sectional percentile too? Also since I have a 79.33 percentile in CAT, I am planning to apply via XAT only. Is the weightage same for CAT and Xat or do they give more importance to CAT percentile?

Thanks,

Sonia

i cant say that i have a 70+ %ile. got 70.88 in cat and 71 in xat,with people saying the cut-off might be 75+,do i stand a chance.
when they take into account cat and xat score,do they take the best of the 2 or is there separate criteria for the scorecards

my suggestion is anyone who has got above 70 percentile pls apply.

regd question of autonomous :

yes, it may make a difference when you are planning for a higher studies like doctorate.also some foreign universities accept only aicte approved courses.
KIAMS IS IN THE PROCESS OF AICTE APPROVAL AS FOR MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE IS CONCERNED.IT MAY BE THAT MY DEGREE AFTER MY COMPLETION WILL BE APPROVED IF OUR BATCH IS LUCKY.(BUT NOT SURE)

HOWEVER THERE ARE ADVANTAGES WHEN NON-APPROVAL IS CONCERNED

FLEXIBILTY IN SETTING CURRICULAM ACCORDING TO CURRENT NEEDS .
INTRODUCTION OF NEW COURSES WHENEVER NEEDED.
EVALUATION SYSTEM

JUST FOR YOUR NOTE:SOME GOOD B-SCHOOLS IN INDIA ARE NOT AICTE APPROVED

AS FOR JOB IS CONCERNED THIS DOESNT MAKE MUCH OF DIFFERENCE HOWEVER IT DEPENDS ON COMPANIES.

BUT I WOULD SUGGEST IF YOUR KEEN ABOUT AICTE APPROVAL PLS GO FOR INSTITUTES WHICH HAS THAT.

REGD.HIGHEST SAL THIS TIME IT IS 5.4/ANNUM AS OF NOW AS FOR MY KNOWLEDGE IS CONCERNED.

ANY FURTHER QUERIES ALWAYS WELCOME

PRABHU.S

No Kiams Doesnt Look Overall Percentile.

you apply with print out.but pls bring original during gd/interview.they will check it

also attach a letter stating why you are unable to send the copy of score card.

there is no such criteria of more weightage for cat/xat as for as my knowledge is concerned. my suggestion would be you apply through both scores

prabhus15 Says
No Kiams Doesnt Look Overall Percentile.

wht do they look for then??

if ne senior can please post their gd/pi experiences that will be of immense help
.Just want to get thru this insti for sure.
I have 9 months experience what kinda ques do they emphasize upon like grilling on a particular topic or normal ques.:neutral: