Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2007 Interviews and Beyond

Hi All, I am applying to UNC Kenan-Flagler in 3 rd round (January Round). Let us gather here our profiles and experiences.

Hi All,

I am applying to UNC Kenan-Flagler in 3 rd round (January Round).

Let us gather here our profiles and experiences.

Here is my profile:

GMAT : 720 (Q:50, V:38 )

TOEFL : 267

Work Ex: 3.5 yrs till now in manufacturing, Family business and IT, all inclusive.

Applying to UNC in R-3, January Round.

GMAT : 740
TOEFL : 118 (IBT)
Work Ex: 3.5 yrs till now in IT
Applied to UNC in R2. Interview scheduled Dec 1st week.

Hi,

I will be applying to Kenan-Flagler before month end.
Have scheduled an interview on the 9th, Saturday.
From what I understand lot of desis apply to this college.

Regards
Raj

Dear friends,

This thread is for all the like-minded people applying for the MBA program at Kenan-Flagler Business School. Let's share our experiences and help each other!

Regards,
NeoZen

there is one thread already here

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/kenan-flagler-unc-2007-interviews-and-beyond-25019323

Merged

Thanks amit

I am applying to UNC in Round 2. I had a telephonic interview last week, with one of the adcom members. I think the interview went on well. It was an easy-going conversation and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable. The questions were very straight-forward like why MBA? why now? my short-term and long-term goals, my job profile and also a lot of discussion on my resume. The interviewer complimented my sense of humour and also said that I would be a good candidate for their program.

My profile:
GMAT: 710 TOEFL: 112 (iBT)
Workex: 4 years in IT by Aug 2007
Good academic background and extracurriculars.

Planning to submit the online application in a couple of days.

Hi,

What are guys with engineering background planning to put for this essay

Essay Four (Optional): UNC Kenan-Flagler seeks to enroll students from a variety of undergraduate majors. Regardless of your major, we strongly recommend that all students enter the program with some background in calculus, microeconomics, statistics and financial accounting. If you have not studied one or more of these subjects in college or university, please tell us how you have developed proficiency in these areas. If you have not been exposed to one or more of these subjects, please tell us how you will prepare yourself prior to entering UNC Kenan-Flagler (400 words maximum).

Do let me know your inputs.

Regards
Raj

All the best to all of you!

Hi,

From what I understand lot of desis apply to this college.

Regards
Raj

Tell me in which schools a lot of desis dont apply. by the way u have an awesome gmat , if u have done ur essays well , expect a generous schol.
Hi,

What are guys with engineering background planning to put for this essay

Essay Four (Optional): UNC Kenan-Flagler seeks to enroll students from a variety of undergraduate majors. Regardless of your major, we strongly recommend that all students enter the program with some background in calculus, microeconomics, statistics and financial accounting. If you have not studied one or more of these subjects in college or university, please tell us how you have developed proficiency in these areas. If you have not been exposed to one or more of these subjects, please tell us how you will prepare yourself prior to entering UNC Kenan-Flagler (400 words maximum).

Do let me know your inputs.

Regards
Raj

Hey Raj,

Do you mind sharing your profile please? It shall let us all know about the trends of the admission for this year.
All the best for your interviews.

Regards,
NeoZen
bysodus Says
Tell me in which schools a lot of desis dont apply. by the way u have an awesome gmat , if u have done ur essays well , expect a generous schol.

Dear bysodus,

It's great to see a current student from Kenan-Flagler B-School on this thread. Welcome!

I have some questions that can help many prospective Indians students applying at KFBS. I am jotting them down here. Could you please try answering them?

1 - How many Indian students are currently studying there at KFBS in Y1 & Y2?
2- How many current Indian students (Y1+Y2) have received schol (partial/full)?
3 - What's the most popular concentration (specialization) here?
4- I find names of very few mgmt. consulting companies in the past recruiters list. Any specific reason for that?

I have asked so many question b'cos I am seriously interested in joning this program. Your insider perspective will help us all to know more about KFBS.

Warm regards,
~NeoZen~
Dear bysodus,

It's great to see a current student from Kenan-Flagler B-School on this thread. Welcome!

I have some questions that can help many prospective Indians students applying at KFBS. I am jotting them down here. Could you please try answering them?

1 - How many Indian students are currently studying there at KFBS in Y1 & Y2?
2- How many current Indian students (Y1+Y2) have received schol (partial/full)?
3 - What's the most popular concentration (specialization) here?
4- I find names of very few mgmt. consulting companies in the past recruiters list. Any specific reason for that?

I have asked so many question b'cos I am seriously interested in joning this program. Your insider perspective will help us all to know more about KFBS.

Warm regards,
~NeoZen~

NeoZen,

1.08 batch has around 30 indians including 5 girls. 07 batch has 24 indians including 4 girls.
2.Schols are generally confidential and can be variable but according to my observation among indians 2 get full and 2 partial in each batch ~ mostly with stellar gmats. It can vary so dont take my word for that.
3.Most popular concentration is finance. We have an awesome faculty in finance.
4. Companies like McKinsey,Bain,BCG , Booz Allen Hamilton and AT Kearney recruit around 2-4 students each year.Deloitte is a big recruiter here with around 10 students every year. However its not easy to make it into a consulting company unless you have a great resume. So i do not know which other top consulting companies are you referring to.

~Bysodus

Hi All

Just got my decision from UNC ... and got an admit. ;-))
My Profile:
WE: 4+ yrs IT
GMAT\TOEFL: 740\113
Acads: Good.
Extra Cirr: Good.

Cheers
Pinaki

Congratulations Pinaki !!! Where else have you applied / waiting to hear from ?
Hi All

My Profile:
WE: 4+ yrs IT
GMAT\TOEFL: 740\113
Acads: Good.
Extra Cirr: Good.

Cheers
Pinaki

Congrats Pinaki!
I have applied to UNC in Round 2. My application went complete yesterday. Wish me luck!

@bizTechie: Thanks buddy . I had applied to Kellogg (waiting), MIT (waiting), Darden --- Waitlisted and UNC in round one.

@newagehumour: Thanks and best of luck to you buddy...your interview is done?

Hi All

Cheers
Pinaki

Congrats Sarkar..Have a great time..