Kellogg Full-Time MBA - Fall 2009 Applicants

Friends, couldn’t find a thread for applicants for Kellogg and hence starting this thread - for all of us who plan to apply to Kellogg for Fall 2009. Kellogg’s R1 dates are 3rd October - for submission of part I, and 17th October - for submi…

Friends, couldn't find a thread for applicants for Kellogg and hence starting this thread - for all of us who plan to apply to Kellogg for Fall 2009.

Kellogg's R1 dates are 3rd October - for submission of part I, and 17th October - for submission of part II.

Have any of you submitted the part I yet ? I plan to do so by next week.

Friends, couldn't find a thread for applicants for Kellogg and hence starting this thread - for all of us who plan to apply to Kellogg for Fall 2009.

Kellogg's R1 dates are 3rd October - for submission of part I, and 17th October - for submission of part II.

Have any of you submitted the part I yet ? I plan to do so by next week.

Hi dude...

I plan to do the same by 7 sep, how do we calculate the experience till we join the course, what is the date of joining in this regard...?

Submitted my Part I today...
so how was the experience for both of you...??

Does Kellogg invites everyone for interview with their alums in India?

I have received the mail to initiate my interview from an alumni in India. What about others who've submitted in R1? I don't see any activity on this thread, does it mean that there aren't too many Kellogg applicants this time ?

paglakahinka Says
I have received the mail to initiate my interview from an alumni in India. What about others who've submitted in R1? I don't see any activity on this thread, does it mean that there aren't too many Kellogg applicants this time ?

I'm planning to apply in R2. I'm sure a lot of people would apply to Kellogg. They are probably busy crafting essays.

Morning shows the day: just now received an interview waiver from Kellogg due to "heavy rush of applicants" (what do you expect from India??). I guess without a chance of personal interaction you tend to get pushed to waitlisters or dingers. Will be pursuing my other applications till then!

I too got an interview waiver e-mail this morning. I believe there are two different opinions. First says the waiver truly is a result of shortage of alumni and many such candidates have been admitted in the past (however after a late telephonic interview). However, the other group take the interwiew waiver negatively.

Guys with deeper knowledge please throw some light?? Definitely an interview is a great opportunity to present your points to the admissions committee.

I too got an interview waiver e-mail this morning. I believe there are two different opinions. First says the waiver truly is a result of shortage of alumni and many such candidates have been admitted in the past (however after a late telephonic interview). However, the other group take the interwiew waiver negatively.

Guys with deeper knowledge please throw some light?? Definitely an interview is a great opportunity to present your points to the admissions committee.

The R1 app deadline was 17th Oct and I got an interview waiver mail on 23rd itself. So I dont think they would have read all our apps in such a short time. I would say interview waiver is an indication of nothing but high appl volumes.
testup Says
The R1 app deadline was 17th Oct and I got an interview waiver mail on 23rd itself. So I dont think they would have read all our apps in such a short time. I would say interview waiver is an indication of nothing but high appl volumes.

I submitted my part 1 on Oct 2nd and my part 2 on Oct 16th. I got an interview waiver on Oct 17th.

Now on Oct 27th, I've got a mail saying 'upon review of my file', the adcomm wants to schedule a phone interview.

Does anyone know if this is a good sign/bad sign etc.?

I've scheduled it for tommorrow night IST.

Vinner66,
Congrats. Its a good sign.
Since Kellogghas a large volume of Indian applicants especially from bangalore and Mumbai, they tend to blindly first waive off the interview.
Then after a quick read of apps they call applicants for interviews.
So, dont worry and all the best

As for me, i applied to K at the 11th hour. My interview was also waived off. Hoping for a good sign.

Hope this helps,

I submitted my part 1 on Oct 2nd and my part 2 on Oct 16th. I got an interview waiver on Oct 17th.

Now on Oct 27th, I've got a mail saying 'upon review of my file', the adcomm wants to schedule a phone interview.

I think thats a very good sign. This says that they read your file and are interested and hence are asking you to interview!
Congrats! Please let us know how the interview goes.

hi..could u pls share ur profile if u dont mind..

Any one else has got interview calls?
if i remember from posts in BW, Kellogg dispatches interview calls every wednesday or so.
So, lets hope for the next wednesday :)
Good luck to all.

P.S - Vinner, whats your profile like?

Thanks guys, hopefully, it's a good sign as you all say! Will update on how interview went tomorrow.

Donno about the Wednesday thing. I got mine on Monday, so maybe this year it's Monday. Good luck!

My profile, for those who asked:

Acads - Engineer, 75%, First Class with Distinction, Anna University

Work Ex - 3 yrs so far - 20 months at Infosys, 20 months at Irevna, an equity research firm, 5 month stint in London with one of the world's leading investment banks

GMAT - 760 (Verbal - 99%, Quant = 84%, AWA - 6.0, Overall - 99%)

Extra-curriculars - Very good cultural acheivements - elocution, debate, quiz etc., member of Mensa, some community service, have had a short story published by Penguin in a humor collection

--deleted--

--deleted--

Hello Vinner66, Can you please share your entire interview experience. Was the interview taken by an adcom member ? What was it like ? have also submitted my application to R1 and have been waived for the interview.

Has anybody who earlier got a waiver for interview recieved an interview call.

Guys already done with interviews please share your interview experiences.