Kellogg Full-Time MBA 2008 Applicants

This thread is for all applicants who applied or planning to apply for Kellogg Full Time MBA program starting Fall 2008 I am submitting my application for Kellogg Full-Time MBA for Round 1. I recieved any interview waiver from Kellogg du…

This thread is for all applicants who applied or planning to apply for Kellogg Full Time MBA program starting Fall 2008

I am submitting my application for Kellogg Full-Time MBA for Round 1.

I recieved any interview waiver from Kellogg due to lack of alumni inteviewers...

others any updates ?

This thread is for all applicants who applied or planning to apply for Kellogg Full Time MBA program starting Fall 2008

I am submitting my application for Kellogg Full-Time MBA for Round 1.

I recieved any interview waiver from Kellogg due to lack of alumni inteviewers...

others any updates ?

i have submitted part 1 of application on 4th. Got interview waver for the same reason as urs.
Though I am not too sure that i will be submitting part 2 of application by 19th...

GMAT 770, AWA 4.5
Acads Decent
Extracurricular Good
Work Ex. 3.5 years by fall 08, all sales and marketing...

Can u throw some light on ur profile

hey..i m also plannin to appear for gmat 3-4 months later...
can anybody temme...what score wud be enuf for this colg..??
i hav more than 2 yrs of work ex...
wots the procedure...or any relevant link..whr i can get all the necessary info..

thanks in advance...
kuch kar ke dikhana he...best of luck to all...

me under process of applying dude.....

hey..i m also plannin to appear for gmat 3-4 months later...
can anybody temme...what score wud be enuf for this colg..??
i hav more than 2 yrs of work ex...
wots the procedure...or any relevant link..whr i can get all the necessary info..

thanks in advance...
kuch kar ke dikhana he...best of luck to all...

hi gourav...a gmat score of around 700 will be good for kellogg...
u can go through a number of threads of applicants for 07 batch for almost all necessary info
i have submitted part 1 of application on 4th. Got interview waver for the same reason as urs.
Though I am not too sure that i will be submitting part 2 of application by 19th...

GMAT 770, AWA 4.5
Acads Decent
Extracurricular Good
Work Ex. 3.5 years by fall 08, all sales and marketing...

Can u throw some light on ur profile

hi amit,

My profile,

GMAT -710, Work Exp: 3.5
Working in telecom product development
B.tech & MS
Acads OK
Extracurricular great !

Hey Guys,

I recieved an email today informing me about my interview waiver. I've been worried sick since then, trying to figure out what this means! From my perspective, this is clearly a setback since I'm confident an interview would definitely have helped my cause. :(

My profile:
Technical Mktg, Fortune 500 high-tech. co. - 4 yrs plus exp.
GMAT - 720
Acads - mediocre
Extra-curriculars - no community activities, but heavy conc. in sports

Do let me know your guys thoughts on what the interview waiver might mean.

-Nitin

Hey Guys,

I recieved an email today informing me about my interview waiver. I've been worried sick since then, trying to figure out what this means! From my perspective, this is clearly a setback since I'm confident an interview would definitely have helped my cause. :(

My profile:
Technical Mktg, Fortune 500 high-tech. co. - 4 yrs plus exp.
GMAT - 720
Acads - mediocre
Extra-curriculars - no community activities, but heavy conc. in sports

Do let me know your guys thoughts on what the interview waiver might mean.

-Nitin

hi nitin,

Kellogg tries to offer alumni interviews to all the applicants, and hence a large number of applicants would decrease the chances for interviews.
from what has been the trend last year, this should not affect your application in any way, as people who got this waiver still got into kellogg

Hello everyone,

I had my alumni interview today. I will be submitting the part-II of the application today.

The interviewer was very very friendly. Here are the questions:
* Tell me about your greatest accomplishment since college.
* Tell me a situation where your opinion was different from others in the team, and the result.
* Tell me a situation when you were part of a Six Sigma team (as I mentioned that in my resume).
* Why MBA?
* What are the short term and long term goals (this was a follow-up for the previous question)?
* Why Kellogg specifically?
* Why now?
* Outside of work activities
* How would your colleagues describe you?
* Any questions for I had (I asked couple of questions and here's where I saw the how much he loved attending Kellogg)

The interview lasted about 45 min. No-stress interview. A pretty satisfactory feeling after the interview as it seemed that the interviewer attended Kellogg for the same reasons that I mentioned during the interview. But hey, that's just how I feel right now. My opinion is that a very good interview might help a "not-very-strong" application.

For people who got interview waiver, there is nothing to worry about. A waiver just means "unavailability of resources" and is not reflective of the application at all.

My profile is:
GMAT: 690
B.Tech: Mechanical Engineering (CGPA: 6.5/10) - IIT Madras
MS: Mechanical Engineering (GPA: 4.0/4.0)
Work-ex: 3 yrs 3 months by Fall 2008.
Job: R&D; in Automotive industry, USA.
Extra: Few to my credit (but can't classify them as good/avg/excellent)

Good luck to all applicants.
mba_2008.

@MBA_2008: When did you submit part1 of your app? I'm just wondering if the timing of submission plays a part in scheduling interviews (if they do FCFS even before deadline) or if they schedule only after the part1 deadline.

I submitted my part1 on 3rd Oct.

-Nitin

@MBA_2008: When did you submit part1 of your app? I'm just wondering if the timing of submission plays a part in scheduling interviews (if they do FCFS even before deadline) or if they schedule only after the part1 deadline.

-Nitin

Hello Nitin,

I submitted part-I on September 13th and got the interview assignment on Oct 11th. So, I think it takes some time (the website says it might take upto 6 weeks) after you submit your part-I.

Regards,
mba_2008.

-Nitin

Hey Nitin,
I submitted my app on Oct 4th and needless to say- got a waiver for the request. I think that early birds got interview requests and as there are quite a few indian applicants - the adCom finds it hard to entertain all of us with a personal interview.
Moreover, I did look forward to an interview, but hope that it doesn't affect the application decision.

Hi All,
Submitted my Round 1 application for fll 2008 batch. I too got an Interview waiver. Will update you on further communications from the school. Anyoneelse from Bangalore who had applied. My profile:
GMAT: 710
workex. 8 yrs
acads: OK NIT Allahabad
International exposure: 1.5 yrs
Extra curricular: OK

Now it all depends on the quality of our essays and application. Lets see what happens

Hi friends,

I have received an interview invite for R1. I plan to finish it off before Nov 18.

I am based in mumbai. Anyone else from Mumbai here?

Regards
Divye

Hello all!

I have a Kellogg alum. interview in Chicago possibly on Nov. 9th. Looking forward to it. We have exchanged a few emails and talked on the phone so far- he seems like a nice guy.(He even thanked me for sending my resume!)
He wants an interview in a formal setting (at his office) and is looking at approx. 1 hour interview.
Lets' see how it goes.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply to Kellogg in Round2.
Apart from submitting the online form, do we need to courier them any additional documents? (Transcripts, Degree Certificate et al..)
Folks who have already applied, please help out!!

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply to Kellogg in Round2.
Apart from submitting the online form, do we need to courier them any additional documents? (Transcripts, Degree Certificate et al..)
Folks who have already applied, please help out!!

Frequently Asked Questions - Kellogg School of Management

Hi,

I am an Indian IT female applicant. GMAT score 700, 5 yrs experience

I had applied to Kellogg in R1. Though initially I got an interview waiver ( lack of resources), today I got an email asking me to call up the admission office to schedule a telephonic interview!

This was totally unexpected. Anybody else who has had the same experience?

Hi,

I am an Indian IT female applicant. GMAT score 700, 5 yrs experience

I had applied to Kellogg in R1. Though initially I got an interview waiver ( lack of resources), today I got an email asking me to call up the admission office to schedule a telephonic interview!

This was totally unexpected. Anybody else who has had the same experience?

Tweety,

Consider this as a good sign. During my campus visit last week, I spoke to a current student (MMM program) who had the same experience. What he mentioned was that due to heavy application load, they may waive the interview for some people. When they review the file, they feel that the applicant needs to be interviewed. Obviously, this worked for the MMM guy I talked to, so good luck with your interview!

btw- I just got my online status as "application complete". It states that my file will be sent for a review once my interview has been completed. I also read on the BW forums that Kellogg may start releasing admits as early as end of November (I hope this is true!!). So try to schedule your interview ASAP. Monday and Friday are busy days for Kellogg (just called up their office because they needed some info;and the recorded message told me this - thought I would share). , so try to schedule a Tuesday or Wednesday. I would opt for a Wednesday as there are no classes on Wed- maybe an ad. com. student might be able to interview (not that it makes a difference, just increases the chances of an earlier interview).

And DO share your interview experience :-)

Good luck