Kellogg Class of 2012 (Applications and beyond)

Quite surprising not to find a thread on Kellogg for it’s class of 2012 when we are as close the R1 deadline on 15th October! So here we go, :: # This thread is for a fantastic school in Evanston called ‘Kellogg SOM’ for it’s Class of 2012 …

Quite surprising not to find a thread on Kellogg for it's class of 2012 when we are as close the R1 deadline on 15th October! So here we go,

# This thread is for a fantastic school in Evanston called 'Kellogg SOM' for it's Class of 2012 intake
# Deadlines
R1 (15th October'09) *
R2 (14th January'10) *
R3 (4th March'10) *
* - These are Part II deadlines. Part I deadlines are 15 days prior. Visit Kellogg portal here.

Let me set the ball rolling,
I' quite like the school's collaborative environment. I attended Kellogg's information session a couple of weeks ago in Mumbai and was impressed with Beth Flye's presentation on Kellogg. The round of Q&A; that followed was hosted by alums of Kellogg and was the best part of the evening. After interacting with them and speaking to another Kellogg grad, I've concluded that this school certainly is meets my needs from an MBA. So, I'm a R1 applicant to this wonderful school.

## All those interested, let's start discussing on the school, the application saga and beyond!

Hey...nice initiative ....

I am also applying in R1....have completed the first draft of the essays and reported the GMAT score..
Yet to start with online application...

Does Kellogg gives TOEFL waiver to Indian students ?? and how can one prove that english was the only language in college ?

BTW...here is my profile :

GMAT - 740
Wrk ex - 3yrs as of Now - IT ( little international)
Extra curicular - Good
Acads - Good

Hey...nice initiative ....

and how can one prove that english was the only language in college ?

In the transcripts I got from my univ, its written that the mode of instruction was English throughout.

Hi all,

I felt the application process for Kellogg is pretty tricky for me to handle alone. So I start this thread in order to share my experiences and to gain from the experiences of others who are planning to apply to Kellog this year.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas

wat????
hasnt anyone seen this post or ppl not applying?

Hi,

I am in process of shortlisting schools. Kellogg is still not out of the list.

Have you attended info session of Kellogg?

I think I will be applying in R2 in case I apply.

What essays have you started working on? Whats your approach?

ya i attended the kellogg session and am working on the essays

pretty much standard essays they have

pls share ur profile with us, if you may

I am in Financial Service Industry working in its IT Captive in India.
Total Work-ex- 2.3 yrs
GMAT 730 (Q-50, V-38, AWA 5.5)
What about you?

I am in Financial Service Industry working in its IT Captive in India.
Total Work-ex- 2.3 yrs
GMAT 730 (Q-50, V-38, AWA 5.5)
What about you?

Hi guys,

I don have a very great gmat score but still I am taking my chances with kellogg. As for as approach is concerned, they are looking for team players and leaders as well.

Following is my profile

GMAT 710 (Q 49 V-39 AWA 5)
Work ex 4 years as of now as a Sr R&D; engg (a little sofisticated name for Sr software engineer) at Telecom industry.
Extra curricular: Average (3 papers presented at internatioan conferences in Sweden and china) also debates and all in college.
Community service: No comments:oops:

me...

GMAT 750/5
work ex 4, semiconductors
EC: decent

ya i dont see many ppl apping!

me...

GMAT 750/5
work ex 4, semiconductors
EC: decent

ya i dont see many ppl apping!

May be they have not seen this thread. Kellogg is quite a nice institue so I doubt that people are not applying.
Hi guys,

I don have a very great gmat score but still I am taking my chances with kellogg.

Anything above 700 is great GMAT score Man!
Besides it looks like you have some international exposure in China and Europe...I have none:shocked:

Dont worry be happy!

I found the following essay most tricky of all. Its very indirect. You have to know a Kellogg's student perspective to write this. What say?

Essay 3 Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would your peers select you to become a member of the Kellogg community? (600 word limit)

@Sjed you attended info session. Kellogg is famous for marketing. Anything else you exclusively noted?
vikaspratap Says
May be they have not seen this thread. Kellogg is quite a nice institue so I doubt that people are not applying.

that would mean, application is not posing any queries onto them, or ppl are not into filling apps yet
Hi guys,

I don have a very great gmat score but still I am taking my chances with kellogg.

Anything above 700 is great GMAT score Man!
Besides it looks like you have some international exposure in China and Europe...I have none:shocked:

Dont worry be happy!

I found the following essay most tricky of all. Its very indirect. You have to know a Kellogg's student perspective to write this. What say?

Essay 3 Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would your peers select you to become a member of the Kellogg community? (600 word limit)

@Sjed you attended info session. Kellogg is famous for marketing. Anything else you exclusively noted?

I guess u can summarize ur qualities here. Various experiences that make u an excelent candidate. How can u add diversity, what contribution u'll make in the class, various clubs etc.

Essay 3 - Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would your peers select you to become a member of the Kellogg community? (600 word limit)

sure its offbeat essay! wud be interesting to write

well i dont remember much, but they did focus on 'experiential learning' n some other things to highlight 'entrepreneurship'
and ya the alumns were really cool, one guy was a 2009 passout and his father was also present, who himself was an alum :)
CEO of HT Media is also a kellogg alum was present too

Thanks Sjed and Vikaspratap!

Have you guys shortlisted schools yet? I attended info sessions here at bangalore.

I liked Chicago Booth info session. Alums were wonderful. I guess you had a similar experience with Kellogg.

Anyways, I am seriously not sure of which schools to apply. Why you guys shortlished Kellogg? For its reputation or you have some specific interest that you think will be met by school.

Has anyone of you visited Kellogg?

* Merged threads

Glad to see a few people keen on this school 😃

* Merged threads

Glad to see a few people keen on this school :)

ok so reachmonil, hows ur app going buddy?
pls share ur profile and what made u choose kellogg, to start with!
ok so reachmonil, hows ur app going buddy?
pls share ur profile and what made u choose kellogg, to start with!

Battling with the essays in hope that I may just manage to sneak in before the R1 deadline

Profile: Energy Industry / 4.5 years work-ex (3 int'l) / some ECs / 740

Why Kellogg - The deal-maker for me was camaraderie on campus - the Kellogg culture, which was re-instated over interactions with a few Kellogg alums. Needless to say, it fits in perfectly with my career goals and meets all my needs from an MBA.

Oh, I would have loved if Kellogg was on the west coast and I didn't have to live through the sub-zero temperatures for half a year

What is your motivation @ K?