Kellogg anyone?

Anyone else out there who has applied to Kellogg at Northwestern University? I applied during Round 1 and am waiting for results(Interview was waived). Let me know if I can answer any questions on the Kellogg application.

Anyone else out there who has applied to Kellogg at Northwestern University? I applied during Round 1 and am waiting for results(Interview was waived).

Let me know if I can answer any questions on the Kellogg application.

What is your profile like ?
How did you manage the waiver ? Are you a re-applicant ?
All the best...

What is your profile like ?
How did you manage the waiver ? Are you a re-applicant ?
All the best...

Waivers are usually provided by the Adcom when they cannot find an alum in your local area for conducting interviews. I don't think the applicant can waive off an interview.
pagalguy Says
Waivers are usually provided by the Adcom when they cannot find an alum in your local area for conducting interviews. I don't think the applicant can waive off an interview.
I was under the impression that there would be telephonic interviews in this case.

Guess Kroll has made the b-schools a little over confident.

desperado,

if u wud also put down ur profile for us lesser moratals' benefit...
foxle

I was under the impression that there would be telephonic interviews in this case.

Guess Kroll has made the b-schools a little over confident.

Thats a loaded comment. I guess you are implying Kellogg also uses Kroll and that interviews and background checks(of Kroll kinds) achieve the same objectives.
Thats a loaded comment. I guess you are implying Kellogg also uses Kroll and that interviews and background checks(of Kroll kinds) achieve the same objectives.

I thought desperado was just being cheeky .. Anyway, does Kellogg offer telephonic interviews? Or do they just offer waivers and not consider providing telephonic interviews as an option ?

I was told by Kellogg that they do telephonic interviews only if they find it necessary after reviewing the application

pagalguy Says
I thought desperado was just being cheeky .. Anyway, does Kellogg offer telephonic interviews? Or do they just offer waivers and not consider providing telephonic interviews as an option ?

No telephonic interview option for me. If I am lucky they would give me a telephonic interview option later or just admit me without an interview (although I have heard that all Kellogg admits have to go thru an interview)
MBAfall2006 Says
No telephonic interview option for me. If I am lucky they would give me a telephonic interview option later or just admit me without an interview (although I have heard that all Kellogg admits have to go thru an interview)

If the adcom waives interviews, they do state that they can review your app sans the interview..so are you really really sure that all admits are interviewed? Because that is one loaded statement
pagalguy Says
If the adcom waives interviews, they do state that they can review your app sans the interview..so are you really really sure that all admits are interviewed? Because that is one loaded statement

Not sure. I need to be more optimistic I guess :)

I am targetting Kellogg for Fall 2006, specially I am interested in MMM in Kellogg.Applying in R2.

MBAFall2006,
Can you please tell us more about your profile, and your tips for essays,recos etc..

I am a non traditional background applicant. I have more than 6 years of workex in operations, quality assurance and marketing functions with leadership experience of managing large teams. My stats are above the class average on almost all parameters.

In terms of essays and reco, I think it helped me that I started my research and decision making process more than 2 years back. I gathered a lot of information from admission web portals and B-school sources. Also, I gave a lot of lead time to my recommenders and spent time with them while helping them register my accomplishments and substantiating their comments with solid examples.

All the best for your application.

I hope this information helps rest some of the frayed nerves. The respondent is an adcom member.

Question:

I am R1 applicant and i got my interview waived. I was informed that I might be contacted if the admissions committee feels a need for it. Now, I would like to know whether the admissions committee calls for a telephone interview of all candidates who they have short listed from the applicant pool. Does this mean, if i dont get a call for the telephone interview, I am Dinged. Are there candidates who are admitted without any interview?.

Response

Hi,
There isn't a perfect correlation between telephone interviews and admission decisions, but it is rare that a candidate is admitted without a conversation. Please keep in mind that we will continue to request telephone interviews up through the decision notification deadline.

I would keep my fingers crossed for a telephonic/alumni interview.