Kellogg 1 Yr MBA

Hi ALL I am very keen on applying to Kellogg 1 year MBA program for 2009. However, I am a little confused with the eligibility requirements for this program. The school’s website states the list of subjects that an applicant must have complet…

Hi ALL

I am very keen on applying to Kellogg 1 year MBA program for 2009. However, I am a little confused with the eligibility requirements for this program. The school's website states the list of subjects that an applicant must have completed before application. I have done B.Com (Honors) from University of delhi, India and unable to determine if I would meet the eligibility requirements. I would request you all and the Kellogg applicants to help me assess my eligibility because some of the course names from my B.Com course are different from the coursese given on kellogg website or they have a diffrent description also.

My profile is as follow:

B.Com (H) from delhi University - 67%
More than 4 years of work exp (American Express and Infosys BPo)
Gmat - 710
extra curricular: average, focussed on diff voluntary acts and also, freelance writing for some established magazines.

Would appreciate any help from your side.

Thanks and regards

JD

Saket,

its not about someone's capability of getting into kellog,its about eligibility criteria.

For instance am aware you have done your MBBS implies you have not done Marketing, Stats, Eco. etc( There are 7 subjects) in your undergrad and hence not eliggible to apply....,however good your score may be, and however highly placed you might be in your professional career!!!!

@ marshall hope its suffices your query.
Kindly refer to Kellog website-it lists all requirements.

Hello marshall,
I was a aspirant for the Kellogg 1 year program too until i called them :(. The eligibility criteria is mentioned in the website but as your under graduation course names does not match exactly with whatever is given on the site, I would advice you to write a email to them giving details about all the subjects you took in Under graduation and which you feel would be enough for getting through the eligibility criteria.

They are quick in responding to calls as well as emails and as the deadlines are near it would be a good idea to get this clarified soon

One thing which Kellogg does not encourage is distance education or Online degree for these business courses.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards
Shelin

I have a question about eligibility for the kellogg one year program in terms of the 7 core courses that one is supposed to have completed. The website states that

"It is recommended that coursework be completed within the last seven years (starting from the year of graduation)."

What if i completed these courses more than 7 years ago? Is it a disqualification?