Kelley (Indiana University) 2009 Aspirants

Hello Puys I could not find any thread for Kelley 2009 aspirants and hence starting a new. R1 deadline is over and many of you might have submitted the application or planning for next rounds. Lets discuss about college,application, inte…

Hello Puys

I could not find any thread for Kelley 2009 aspirants and hence starting a new.

R1 deadline is over and many of you might have submitted the application or planning for next rounds. Lets discuss about college,application, interview and your profile off-course.

Let me start with mine.

GMAT 700
WE- 4+ IT
Acads : Decent
EC: Decent.
Application submitted on 15th Nov

Moderator : If there is any existing thread, please direct me there

Hey,
I was just wondering if there was any thread. Good you started it. I have submitted my application too for R1. My details:

GMAT: 700
Work Ex: 2+yrs as of now.
Acads: Strong
EC: Quite Strong

So whats the process like now? We wait to get an interview call? When are we expected to be notified?

hey anyone got any updates on kelley round 1... any interview calls yet?

also wat is the date by which kelley informs of its decision for round1?

Btw incase there is any other thread for kelley 2009... please do let me know

It says notification in Early Feb on the website. That seems like a really loong wait. anyway, I've been searching for a thread for ASU, Carey 2009 aspirants. I am just not able to locate one. Anyone aware of such a thread, please let me know.

Hello Pams

The final admission will start coming in mid Feb' 2009 this is what their broacher says. As far interview invitation goes you can expect that any time
starting from next week. Last year, Interview invitation was sent as earlier as 20th November. Keep your fingers crossed.

Deepak
PS: On 10th Nov, i visited the school. so if you have any specific question i may be of some help. At least i will try to help you.

Can you please share your profile ?

Rohit

Thanks for sharing your profile.
Did you guys sent your transcript/marksheet to Kelley by mail ?

Hey,
I was just wondering if there was any thread. Good you started it. I have submitted my application too for R1. My details:

GMAT: 700
Work Ex: 2+yrs as of now.
Acads: Strong
EC: Quite Strong

So whats the process like now? We wait to get an interview call? When are we expected to be notified?

hey hi Deepak... actually i had received an invite way back on oct 24th... and had finished my interview on 11th nov... was just wondering if anyone else had recieved a call yet... because the deadline was on 15th nov....
i had submitted my app around oct 10 or so...

Rohit

Thanks for sharing your profile.
Did you guys sent your transcript/marksheet to Kelley by mail ?

Hi Deepak,
Yes i did send my documents by mail. I infact called up the admission office yday to confirm the receipt of the material. They said they were still sorting out all the mail and matching it with the applications. Would need like a weeks time. If my application was incomplete, either bcoz of transcripts or gmat score, they wud intimate me by mail. so all we have to do now is wait for the next mail from them.
hey hi Deepak... actually i had received an invite way back on oct 24th... and had finished my interview on 11th nov... was just wondering if anyone else had recieved a call yet... because the deadline was on 15th nov....
i had submitted my app around oct 10 or so...

oh, thats nice. you seem to be way ahead of all of us. guess notifications will be out only in early feb nevertheless.

I am waiting for my university to send my original transcript.. If i do not receive it by end of this week, i will send my marksheet and degree certificate.. In the meantime, I was interviewed during Kelley Visit on 10th Nov.

hey guys

i finished my interview today.. and now the long wait begins..
my profile

3+ IT
decent acads
good EC

Hello Aayush

When did you receive interview invites and when had you submitted your application ? Can you please please put your interview experience ?

Thanks

hey guys

my profile

3+ IT
decent acads
good EC

Hey hi Pams

Seems like you are way ahead. Can you post you interview questions for other PGs?

Hey Hi Aayush

Can you please post your interview questions and who took your interview? When did you submit your application?

hey guys

my profile

3+ IT
decent acads
good EC

I Submitted my R1 app on 15 Nov!
My profile:
4.5 years work experience in Automotive Embedded Software.
BE ECE from NIT
GMAT 690
TOEFL 107
Involved in volunteer work and decent Acads.

I think by December 1st week calls should start pouring.
Ppl do post your interview experiences.
ciao

yeah ppl, plz start posting your interview questions, your experience, how long and other details. thats more like what others like me wanna know at this point. also if you can post when you submitted ur application, and when u received interview notifications, it would help us know when to expect mail from the adm office. thanks guys...

hi all,

The interview questions were the standard ones...

1. why mba?
2. why kelley?
3. why mba now?
4. what post mba?
5. what do u do for fun?
6. most of the other qs were related to my work and stuff on my profile?

The interview was with a second year mba student.. lasted for about an hour... 1st half hour he was asking me... 2nd half hour i asked him three qs which he answered at length.

My profile:
Currently 2.5 yrs workex... IT. Good acads decent extra currics and some NGO exp.

Request other puys to post their experiences as well...

Nirupam

hi all,

The interview questions were the standard ones...

1. why mba?
2. why kelley?
3. why mba now?
4. what post mba?
5. what do u do for fun?
6. most of the other qs were related to my work and stuff on my profile?

The interview was with a second year mba student.. lasted for about an hour... 1st half hour he was asking me... 2nd half hour i asked him three qs which he answered at length.

My profile:
Currently 2.5 yrs workex... IT. Good acads decent extra currics and some NGO exp.

Request other puys to post their experiences as well...

Nirupam

Thanks Nirupam, that was useful. How long is the interview actually scheduled for? and only 2nd year student? No adcom person? phone interview right?