Katz MBA Aspirants 2013

Hi Guys, I have read every comment of all the subscribed members of Thread (Katz 2012 MBA Aspirant). I was highly convinced by the information and experiences shared by the students over there. Cheers to them :smiley: Iā€™m starting a ā€¦

Hi Guys,

I have read every comment of all the subscribed members of Thread (Katz 2012 MBA Aspirant). I was highly convinced by the information and experiences shared by the students over there. Cheers to them šŸ˜ƒ

I'm starting a new thread for the Katz MBA Aspirants Fall 2013. Please share all your questions, profiles and any other details which could be useful to others.

Cheers

Thank you for setting up the thread Deep! I look forward to interacting with prospective students from 2013!

To Subscribe....

I was going through the Katz website and found out that if you are a resident of a commonwealth nation then you would be considered as an in-state candidate. is that true? Student Payment Center

mave8911 Says
I was going through the Katz website and found out that if you are a resident of a commonwealth nation then you would be considered as an in-state candidate. is that true? Student Payment Center

Hi Akshaya,

Is it so ?? If YES, then its damn good for all Indian guys ... Can you confirm this?

Cheers,
Deep

That's not correct. You have to be a resident of the state for a certain number of years AND should have paid taxes there to be considered a resident of the state.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/004/chapter95/s95.2.html

Akshay
Here are some preliminary employment stats for Indians from the outgoing batch (April 2012) - Final figures will be available in the last week of September 2012:

% students with job offers: 90%
%students (April 2013 batch) with internships: 100%

Salary data and Indian student specific data coming soon! Watch this space.

Sample of Hiring Companies:

PricewaterhouseCoopers, Volkswagon Group of America, Sungard, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bank of America, Deloitte Consulting, Crane Company, American Eagle, ****'s Sporting Goods, Texas Instruments, Kennametal, UPMC, IBM, Bak of New York Mellon, PNC, CVS Caremark, FedEx, Capgemini, KPMG, Key Bank, Highmark, SDLC Partners, Alcoa, Kraft, Target Corporation, Ernst & Young, General Electric, Gallup Consulting, Westinghouse Electric Company

@[453088:akshaybs]

Good to know ! šŸ˜ƒ kindly let us know the function for which the students were hired.

That's great ! @[453088:akshaybs] : Katz is known for which specialization ? I mean Finance, Operations or something else ?

@[577265:deepdutta2402], mainly Consulting and IS

This is the tentative list of industries for April 2012 graduates

Consulting
Consumer Products
Financial Services
Government
Manufacturing
Media
Non-Profit
Petroleum/Energy
Pharma
Tech
@akshaybs said: @deepdutta2402, mainly Consulting and IS
From an Indian student population stand point.

@[453088:akshaybs] I thought Katz is strong in Operations ?

i hve heard Katz' MIS dept comes under top 15-20 in the country...

Hi akshaybs,
I'm another one from the IT industry. Suppose if I got an admit to Katz but did not get any GA, could you please let me know what are the chances that I could get an assistantship after coming over there, during the program?

Worried a bit about the tuition funding.

Akshay,

what do you think would be a competitive score for an Indian Applicant.? I know that there are many factors which are considered when adcom reveiws the application, but is there is any range of score which gives almost a gurantee or high chances of getting through ! Also, I have experience in telecom sector and have work experience of 3.4 years as of now. So, what do you think would be a good field for specialization ? I'm eradicating Finance as an option because i'm totally zero in finance. What engineers prefer? Consulting, IS and operations ? Coming back to GMAT score, as per universtiy website it says 612 for the incoming class of 2011. Can I assume 650 to be a competitive score and will have good chances of getting through into the program.

When checked the deadlines, I can see that Oct. 15 is the deadline for R1. Suppose if I apply in Dec or Feb, adcom team will consider me for scholarship ?? What I have heard that if you apply late then chances of getting scholarship reduces? Is it true ?

Btw, I have heard that CMU is hardly 4-5 miles from Katz. If I go ranking wise, CMU is better compare to Katz. How does that affect the placement and Internships ?

Thanks,
Deep

@deepdutta2402 said: Akshay,what do you think would be a competitive score for an Indian Applicant.? I know that there are many factors which are considered when adcom reveiws the application, but is there is any range of score which gives almost a gurantee or high chances of getting through ! Also, I have experience in telecom sector and have work experience of 3.4 years as of now. So, what do you think would be a good field for specialization ? I'm eradicating Finance as an option because i'm totally zero in finance. What engineers prefer? Consulting, IS and operations ? Coming back to GMAT score, as per universtiy website it says 612 for the incoming class of 2011. Can I assume 650 to be a competitive score and will have good chances of getting through into the program.When checked the deadlines, I can see that Oct. 15 is the deadline for R1. Suppose if I apply in Dec or Feb, adcom team will consider me for scholarship ?? What I have heard that if you apply late then chances of getting scholarship reduces? Is it true ?Btw, I have heard that CMU is hardly 4-5 miles from Katz. If I go ranking wise, CMU is better compare to Katz. How does that affect the placement and Internships ?Thanks, Deep
Can you please check and reply. Thnx!

Hi Deep,
As far as GMAT score is concerned, the average score is somewhere around 612. However, for the pool of IT Indian prospects this score leaps tremendously. I had followed links for KATZ 2010 admissions and most of the Indians who got an admit had 700+ score. They also received GA.650 would not be a competitive score as far as Indian IT male is concerned, unless you have an exceptional resume and extra curr. However, having said that KATZ interviews selected people irrespective of their GMAT score, I have known people getting interviewed even at 610. However there was no convert into an admit.
So, I would say higher your score better are your chances.

I believe 650 score with current 3.5 years experience is good to get a Katz admit if essays and other criterias are good. But not sure of GA though.