K J Somaiya (SIMSR) queries for MMS gujju quota ONLY admission through CET(2012-2014)

Hello Gujju Aspirants, This thread is started to discuss all our Doubts/Queries about K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) - GLMS - for batch of 2012-2014. PS: Thread only for Gujju Quota. Lets start…

Hello Gujju Aspirants,

This thread is started to discuss all our Doubts/Queries about K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) - GLMS - for batch of 2012-2014.

PS: Thread only for Gujju Quota.

Lets start..!! :

I am not in SIMSR this year but from last year following it very very closely and missed it too.

Spreadsheet of 2011 CET is @
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CODdp4kI&pli;=1&key;=0ArEdWInA0LTTdFJXMzJWcmw1UEFNaHlHQ1ZVS0dtcXc&hl;=en_GB&authkey;=CODdp4kI#gid=0

Spreadsheet of 2012 CET is @
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArEdWInA0LTTdG5ibHJwT3dnUy15Y0U0UXNqc2tyMWc#gid=0
Cut-offs for 2011 CET for GLMS (Gujju Quota) are as follows
List of first 61 selected candidates : 145/240 (State Merit List Rank - 590)
Wait Listed Candidates: 141/240 (State Merit List Rank - 794)
Last admitted student via counselling round: 141/240 (State Merit List Rank - 843)

For 2011 CET,
Percentile->Marks(Theory-out of 200)
99.42-------125
99-----------120
98.5---------116
98.36--------115
97.6---------110

Hope this helps in deciding target for State Merit List Rank..!!

I am in race, get in...!!

Kindly mention your details as follows to entered in Spreadsheet.

Pagalguy ID/ your name:
Percentile:
Score (out of 200):
PAR (out out 6):

Link for GLMS Form
http://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/adm/mms12/onlineform/applform.asp
Link for ILS Form
http://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/adm/mms12/onlineformils/applform.asp

Only Gujju candidates provide details. Also if you know score detail of any Gujju friends who are not on PG, please provide them. Spread sheet is extremely useful for all of us.

Hoping for your co-operation..!!

hey great thread to start d cut off means if v targetting top 4 den it should be 98.5+

hey viral plz help with some ur past experience and test taking strategies

I have seen 2011 ka movement and been in contact with a guy till date who was admitted second last. I can help you as much as I can for gujju quota. SIMSR has total of 61 seats for GLMS (Gujarati Linguistic Minority Seats). Irrespective of difficulties of CET paper State merit List number doesn't vary greatly. For 2010 it was state merit number 781 and for 2011 it was 843. So if you have ranking around 750, you are very sure to get in. 30 candidates are Wait-listed and every year wait list is exhausted. 98.7-99%-ile with decent GDPI and you should be able to sail through.

Will the CMAT scores be accepted for gujju minority seats in MMS this year?????

Guys...we all know that..simsr will be accepting cmat scores..n allocating oms seats for respective mms course...my question is ....is there any gujju quota for oms students?...if yes then.... is there any seperate application procedure / process to be followed..?...pls shower in some inputs..!

I am an OMS gujju.. last yr had a score of 107 but dint know abt gujje quota at Somaiya.... I have around 150-160 genuine attempts this time... Can I being an OMS gujju apply under GLMS quota??

i think gujju quota is nt 4 OMS ppl..

indianswami Says

YOU think so???plz be precise friend... tell only if u r confident about it...

Sorry guys for replying late.

kushalkthakker Says
Guys...we all know that..simsr will be accepting cmat scores..n allocating oms seats for respective mms course...my question is ....is there any gujju quota for oms students?...if yes then.... is there any seperate application procedure / process to be followed..?...pls shower in some inputs..!

No Gujju quota for OMS candidates.

sanks137 Says
I am an OMS gujju.. last yr had a score of 107 but dint know abt gujje quota at Somaiya.... I have around 150-160 genuine attempts this time... Can I being an OMS gujju apply under GLMS quota??

No Gujju quota for OMS candidates.

indianswami Says

Yes you are very much correct. :thumbsup:

Hello,

Please tell me what is the procedure to apply under gujarati quota for mms programme..

as in which form to purchase..when and from where..and is it available online.

ALSO...
Placement..avg package for mms & pgdm
Fees of MMS and PGDM....

REPLY AT THE EARLIEST..

Hello,

Please tell me what is the procedure to apply under gujarati quota for mms programme..

as in which form to purchase..when and from where..and is it available online.

ALSO...
Placement..avg package for mms & pgdm
Fees of MMS and PGDM....

REPLY AT THE EARLIEST..

After declaration of results, there will be notice issued by college regarding forms and documents required.
They will be mostly available Online only.

For avg package do check mandatory disclosure available at website of college. Fees for MMS and PGDM are around 2/2.25L for a year.

Hi Viral, tu toh expert hai abt simsr, even before coming 😉

Thanks Ronney bhai.
Actually trying for SIMSR from last year; so aware of these things.

Hope to meet you in SIMSR this year. :-D

[my cmat rank is 13000.. i m confused whether i should purchase kj somiaya form for pgdm fs...ny advice?????????

gemini11 Says
[my cmat rank is 13000.. i m confused whether i should purchase kj somiaya form for pgdm fs...ny advice?????????

If its really 13000, I would advice not to purchase form.

We had a similar thread last year for Gujju aspirants. I closely followed the thread for answers to all my queries. I must say that DiGz and Viral really did a great job. They helped fellow puys with great devotion.

Why don't Digz come on PG? He is studying in SIMSR, he can be of great help to Gujju aspirants.

Please send this message across to DiGz. I am sure he will come on PG to guide us.

P.S.: I have already converted NMIMS. So I am not focusing on SIMSR. This post is just a heartfelt gratitude for the contribution of DiGz for Gujju Quota thread.

Hi,

My score is 247 and All India Rank is 547... what are my chances in Gujarati quota. Pleas reply.

Thanks

We had a similar thread last year for Gujju aspirants. I closely followed the thread for answers to all my queries. I must say that DiGz and Viral really did a great job. They helped fellow puys with great devotion.

Why don't Digz come on PG? He is studying in SIMSR, he can be of great help to Gujju aspirants.

Please send this message across to DiGz. I am sure he will come on PG to guide us.

P.S.: I have already converted NMIMS. So I am not focusing on SIMSR. This post is just a heartfelt gratitude for the contribution of DiGz for Gujju Quota thread.

digz is engaged, he can only handle a few things so he stopped comin on PG