K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR)

from where and when can i buy their form when is their admission process going to start.

from where and when can i buy their form when is their admission process going to start.

ravi_abhi Says

HI ravi_abhi!
you will be getting KJ somaiya forms from IMS somewhere around 10th -16th of this month. the last date of sumission of the form will be somewhere in December.
Sorry for not being able to provide you with the exact dates....but this is what i have gathered from the institute. i am associated with IMS baroda, and this is the feedback from Sale of Forms department.
i will let u know of the proceedings. Better keep a track of all the institutes..........
Best of Luck!!!

Hi all !!!

Sending u an attachment, to help u keep a track of deadlines for submission of forms.

Bye.......... Best of Luck!!!

Hi all !!!

Sending u an attachment, to help u keep a track of deadlines for submission of forms.

Bye.......... Best of Luck!!!

Man the Cost of Forms is incorrect..please check them out again..MDI costs 1300 not 1000!! may be these are last year's dates & costs..anyway Thanks a lot for the Info on K J Somaiya..
ravi_abhi Says
Man the Cost of Forms is incorrect..please check them out again..MDI costs 1300 not 1000!! may be these are last year's dates & costs..anyway Thanks a lot for the Info on K J Somaiya..

oops!!!

yup I made errors!

1) the MDI form is 1300 bucks.......... (attached is the rectified version)

2) Captious people like u should not be "spoon-Fed" .............u should make such listings for urself and avoid missing filling up forms ! i learn from my mistakes!!! :satisfie: ( God help U!! )

Well then RAvi.............. hope now u not miss the deadlines and also hope that u dont pay LESS for the forms!!!

Best Of Luck!!!
Hi junta!!!

Not many seem to be really interested for KJS?!?!? The thread seems to have become a monologue between me and ravi.

Neways..... junta wake up......

Hi!
Ravi_avi,

KJ Somaiya forms are out.......... u can collect ur form from IMS Centres
Forms available from: 10th October 2005
Forms available till: 31 st December 2005
Last date of submission: 31st December 2005
Cost of Form: 1000/-

Bye...... and keep a track of the deadlines.. :thumbsup:

hi frenz..........

i am in pg 1st at somaiya..........do ask me any queries related to insti, infra, placement etc.........

i will keep posting latest developments too

bye
love n luck
mukesh

hi frenz..........

i am in pg 1st at somaiya..........do ask me any queries related to insti, infra, placement etc.........

bye
love n luck
mukesh

what is the avg salary of the institute in placements with Systems/IT as the major?
hi frenz..........

bye
love n luck
mukesh

What is the minimum percentile required to secure a call from K G Somaiya ?
hi frenz..........

bye
love n luck
mukesh

do somaiya accept cet scores?
wht r the min marks one shld get in cet $ cat to get a call frm somaiya?

hiiii mukesh

i want to know the Discipline strength of Somaiya

i was in KJ somaiya JR. College of Science & Commerce in 11th and 12Th

and so, i do know about the facilities & infra @ simsr.

i am more interested in moving into finance. i am presently working with Lehman brothers

and i will be doing my ICWA too.

so i need info on faculty and placements in finance

Rgds..
Shyam Sundaram

what is the minimum percentile required to secure a call from Somaiya ?Also could you pls give us an idea about the fees.
cheers.
frank.

hi guys.......

sorry for replying so late.........

1) well, i dont know the specific fig. of avg salary for systems/it specilisation...... i will check and let u know........otherwise it was 4.5 lakh overall...

2) well, minimum % tile does vary a lot....... i have a batchmate with 84 % tile but he had 3 yrs of work ex but i feel % tile around 92 is fine...... this time we have over 70 % batch with work exp.

3) simsr has different courses PGDBA and MMS, for PGDBA they ONLY accept cat scores and for MMS there is all together separate system of Maha govt 's DTE..........

4) well exact details of finance i will find out and post later on.........

5) fees at somaiya is very reasonable..... only 1 lakh per annum ie 2 lakh for 2 yrs excluding hostel......rest everything is included......... it is one of the cheapest private b schools in india

so guys best of luck..
bye
mukesh

mukesh_tibs,
How are the hostel facilities in simsr?
How much do they cost, rent and mess fees?
Are laptops required for Pgdba?
Is the campus wi-fi enabled?
How is the Industry interaction there?

Only thing i can share is that one of my ex students for summer training was from simsr and she did very well and got placed in MR agency. From what i recollect , she said that the insti had a great faculty in marketing and for market research especially

hi guys.........

hostel is a problem here.... actually our college shares hostel with somaiya polytechnic colege......... we have 40 seats each for boys both for 1 and 2 yr students........ well facilities are decent, it is just 2 bldgs across the road......... we have internet facility, mess etc... we pay 800 pm + 900 for mess per month.......

yes, the colege has wi fi facility in the college bldg only......... ther is no compulsion from the college that student should have a laptop.........its solely your discrition..

industry interaction is good.....we have had numerous speakers from the idustry for the guest lectures etc.........

bye
mukesh

Hey SIMSR is also taking IIFT scores. Could u tell me what kind of score they might be looking at?

hiteshchadha Says
Hey SIMSR is also taking IIFT scores. Could u tell me what kind of score they might be looking at?

SIMSR takes IIFT scores for PGPIB course which is separate course from PGDBA......... for PGDBA they take only CAT scores
Hi all people who are currently studying in kjsomaya,

can
we pursue dual specialization in kj somaya and also what are the prospects of Finance guys in kj somaya basically I want to know that what is the participation of AMCs while recruiting. I was reading an earlier post and found that for marketting its really good but please thru some light on finance also. can a person pursue a dual specialization in finance and marketting at kj somaya ............
Mayank