K J Somaiya Institute of management studies & research Admissions 2008-2010

Hi Friends As admission procedure for all the institutes has started you could send us any query regarding SIMSR. Me & my friends would try our level best to clear your doubts about this institute First of all a brief about SIMSR SIMSR wa…

Hi Friends

As admission procedure for all the institutes has started you could send us any query regarding SIMSR. Me & my friends would try our level best to clear your doubts about this institute
First of all a brief about SIMSR
SIMSR was established in 1981. Spreading across 72 acres of land in the heart of mumbai.
This year admission is open for PGDM(120 seats), PGDM - IB(60 seats), PGDM - Retail(60 seats), MMS(120 seats)

Waiting for your queries

Hi,
What is the cut-off for SIMSR? Does it accept only CAt score?

Also, please update on placements also.

Sunil

hi all!!!

i want to know abt

1)avg and highest salary of kg somaiya, welingkar ,great lakes...

how are the job profiles offered?

thanks..

debayan.

@Sunil
Cut off for last year was 85+ with work ex of more than 1 year and 90+ with work ex less than 1 year for PG , PG IB we accept only CAT scores
for MMS CET score is reqd last year cut off was 157 marks
for PG - Retail MAT scores are taken into consideration

@ debayanm
it's not kg somaiya it's K J Somaiya (i hope you made a typing mistake)

avg salary for the last year was 6.75 lac
Highest salary was 12 lac
figures are for 06-08
I don't want to compare the packages with any other colleges but they are Self speaking & 1 more true advice don't go with the packages shown by the colleges because most of the time you can't rely on it's reliability but ya do give more preference on other factors like Faculty, Infrastructure, Industry Experience,e.t.c

hi all!!!

i want to know abt

1)avg and highest salary of kg somaiya, welingkar ,great lakes...

how are the job profiles offered?

thanks..

debayan.

What do u mean by retail mat scores? are mat scores accepted? I am from AP. i want to know whether SIMSR accepts scores only for candidates inside Maharashtra.

what abt MaHCET? i heard that there are only 15% seats for outside maharastrians?

Hi
SIMSR accepts scores for candidate from all over India and our batch is very diversified out of 180 candidates in 1st year P.G 150+ candidates are from outside Maharashtra. for P.G only CAT scores are accepted. for MMS admission procedure goes through CET for which only 15% seats are for OMS.

for Retail course last year MAT scores were accepted but for this year details regarding retail course are yet not out.

What do u mean by retail mat scores? are mat scores accepted? I am from AP. i want to know whether SIMSR accepts scores only for candidates inside Maharashtra.

what abt MaHCET? i heard that there are only 15% seats for outside maharastrians?

Hello!Please help me with the cut offs for PGDBM(IB) course at KJ somaiya?
And number of seats for outside maharashtra candidates. Both for PGDBM n PGDBM(IB).
Thanks

Hi all,
Can you please let me know the difference between PG and MMS course offered by KJS?
Why is it that 2 different exams are being considered for these 2 courses?
What are the cut-offs for MMS?
I read in one of the posts some time back that a person with 70%tile had got a seat in KJS. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
:

hello everybody,

i have few doubts regarding PGDBM(IB) course.
i would like to know whether it takes iift score and if it does,wt is it?also, smbody in a thread related to k j somaiya said that students who r from outside maharashtra don't get admission in PGDBM and PGDBM(IB) course.
another doubt is regarding work experience,whether the admissions are strictly based on work experience.

please reply asap as i m looking forward to apply in KJS.

Thanks in advance.
Archna

Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Retail (PGDM-Retail) Course Duration : 2 Years Course Intake : 60Two-year full time course, approved by the AICTE Programme offered in association with Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited .Commenced in 2004.specialized course structured and tailored to the requirement of the organized retail industry

1. Emphasis on practical knowledge to equip students with necessary knowledge and skills required by retail managers.
  1. Admission closed for (2007-09) Batch
Course covers a broad spectrum of topics relating to general management , Retail Management , operations and soft skills along with hands on experience in the offices/outlets of Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited Brochure Date of Advertisement - 02-01-08 Application form will be available from (only Online) - Last date to Receive the filled application form - 15-03-07 Cost of Application form - Rs.1250.00/- Fee for the Course - Rs.1,10,000/- Expected Date of GD/PI - April '08 Expected Date of Final Results - 1st Week of May '08 Commencement of Classes 30-06-08

i have got the above info fr the website of kj somaya......can any senior plz confirm the date of forms n last date of receiplt of forms at kj somaya for the retail prog

hi...

let me answer ur queries....

@deepika

the intake for both pgdm and pgdm-ib will be through CAT. the cutoffs for both the courses will be the same. there is no seperate quota for maharashtrians as it is through CAT.

@sriram

the intake for both pgdm and pgdm-ib will be through CAT. the intake for MMS id through the maharashtra CET and there is a certain eligibilty criteraia regd begd a domicile etc of maharashtra unlike CAT. Again, the curriculum and examinations for the pgdm courses are autonomously decided by the college whereas the course and exam for MMS is as per the bombay university. the placements for both the courses is common.

@archna

u seem to be having all the opposite info of what is required.

firstly, for the IB course the intake will be thru CAT and not IIFT.

secondly 90% of the pgdm course students are from outside maharashtra and logically it has to be that way as the intake is thru CAT for these courses.

and thirdly, the weightage for the admissions is evenly distributed across ur academic percentages, extra curriculars and work experience. and u need not worry tht much as every mba programme has freshers and same is the case with KJS. PLEASE READ THE ADMISSION BROCHURE ON THE SITE FOR THE WEIGHTAGES.

@AMIT

regd retail admissions....of wht i know there is still time....all of us are enjoyin diwali vacations and will be back in college by monday....will confirm then....

all the best guys....hope i answered all ur queries......do let me know if u have any more queries coming....which i m sure u guys still hav :)

@ncient

i have one quary may i know if ur coleg have 50% criteria...for admision in ur coleg n may i knw which other coleg r there that don have such criteria???

hi neha

may i know wht criteria u r talking about here??

@ncient

neha84.net Says
i have one quary may i know if ur coleg have 50% criteria...for admision in ur coleg n may i knw which other coleg r there that don have such criteria???

@neha
if you are talking of 50% criteria in graduation than yes as admission is through cat & this criteria is for all the cat affiliated colleges.

neha84.net Says

i'm getting

QA: 15
DI: 44
VA: 28-33

OA: 87-92

Do I stand a chance?

the cut-offs last year were:

85 %ile and above for work ex
90 %ile and above for freshers

so "assuming" the cut-offs remain same, u stand a chance.....

@ncient

i'm getting

QA: 15
DI: 44
VA: 28-33

OA: 87-92

Do I stand a chance?

Hi friends..

My CAT score (as per dfrnt instis) -
Quant - 21
DI - 29
Verbal - 28+
Overall - 78+

Work ex 2+ yrs in leading IT company..What r my chances...Plz help..

Thnx in advnc

Hi Friends

As admission procedure for all the institutes has started you could send us any query regarding SIMSR. Me & my friends would try our level best to clear your doubts about this institute
First of all a brief about SIMSR
SIMSR was established in 1981. Spreading across 72 acres of land in the heart of mumbai.
This year admission is open for PGDM(120 seats), PGDM - IB(60 seats), PGDM - Retail(60 seats), MMS(120 seats)

Waiting for your queries

Hi,I fetched 80+ marks in this CAT07, i wish i will get call from SIMSR, i have a doubt in the application procedure of theirs, they are asking to submit a Work experience certificate along with application to claim credit for it, but i think my company won't give the certificate till i resign it, can u tell me whether it is compulsory to submit it along with application or we can produce it during the time of interview? i already mailed to contact mail id of SIMSR, but did not receive any reply. or are there any other certificates like our appointment letter from my company as an alternative to the work experience certificate?Expecting u r kind reply soon.Thanks,Raghuram

Hi! this is Ravi from KJS first year PGDM here to assist my colleagues in answerin ur queries. So let the queries come in :)

@ neha:

if the 50% criterion u r talkin abt is the graduation marks one, then i guess all leading management instis in d country have that. If u r talkin abt the 50% gujrati quota then that is only for the MMS course (thru CET) and not for the PGDM course (thru CAT).

@ sb29, abhijit sinha, raghuram_pec03:

based on the cutoffs predicted by different instis and going by the trends till last year, all three of u stand a decent chance for a call, although it is a bit early to say nethin for sure. all the best to u tho! 😃