K J Somaiya GD/PI

hi every1 i’m priyanka aka piyu . CAT %ile 94.93 got a call frm KJ Somaiya. any idea any1 how many seats do they have? and whats the ‘written communication test’ (WCT) all about? i got my GD on 17th march in delhi. ne1 bef…

hi every1

i'm priyanka aka piyu .

CAT %ile 94.93

got a call frm KJ Somaiya.

any idea any1 how many seats do they have? and whats the 'written communication test' (WCT) all about?

i got my GD on 17th march in delhi. ne1 before me , pl. post your experiences on this thread.

also, if any1 can guide me with thw WCT, pl. do.

thx.
bye
piyu

hi priyanka..i have my gd on the 15ht and have been wondering about the same thing
well their wct doesnt require any specific prep..if ure confident and got a good verbal score..ud do well on it anyway..

Also i think you should consider your options before joinign k j somaiya...

i mean its quite nice...but depends how much u are willing to join it with the given infrastructure et all...its a backup for me if i dont get thriugh elsewhere for eg.

if u need anymore help pm me

tc
Varun

hi all..

its tarun here logging in for the first time
i also have my gd/pi on 17th(1:30 p.m) in delhi..
.cat %le 94.9
...i think that k.j conducts a case study...and the written comm. test is just an essay on an issue or some topic...i am not sure..just got the information from others...
and i think they have 200+seats...(2000 calls for that)..
anyways best of luck to u...piyu...

hi all..

.cat %le 94.9
...i think that k.j conducts a case study...and the written comm. test is just an essay on an issue or some topic...i am not sure..just got the information from others...

hi tarun...
i also have my somaiya GD/PI on the 17th 1.30pm IIFT
i believe ur centre wud also be IIFT?
wats ur roll no.?

it wud be nice to meet u thr.

ATB

ciao

hi exxentrix...

ya...my centre is iift too....
my application no.. is 19385....
hope to meet u there
...hey in the mean time why don't we all discuss on some common cases they give to analyse.....if anyone of u has an idea....
ATB

Hey guys

Me too on 17th at 1:30 pm.Are u sure about the case study thing?If so I can stop mugging up some facts and figures .
Anyway any idea what's the total fees for KJ Somaiya.

Robin

hi all
me too got a call from kj
mine is mumbai cnyr
just chckd tapmi results i am on waitlist
let's see what happen's
any idea how much time they'll take to announce their
final result's after the interciew process is over???
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

hi guyz

i also recd a call from kj cat %tile 97.64
my kjs gd/pi on 18 march delhi morning
any1 for the same batch

rohit

hi guys, i have a call from kj somaiya too, my gd/pi is on mar 14, 9 am........ my cat %ile is 95.31 ......but i wonder why ppl always advice u to give a 2nd thought abt joining kjs.....why does it not enjoy the respect that other top 20 b schools enjoy? is there a catch?!!! help!!

hi tarun n every1 else ,

even i got my GDPI on 17th march, 1:30 pm , IIFT delhi.
my reg. no is 17575. looking forward 2 seeing u guys there.

yes, if u ppl got any case studies or material for WCT ( or even GD topics) , do mail it 2 me.

thx for the response btw ( 1st time that i'm a member of some forum naa, so it feels good .:) )

chalo bye 4 now.
best of luck 2 u all

piyu

hi all..

.cat %le 94.9

hi guys got my interview on the 18th at 9:00 lets see how it goes,my percentile is 95.11 n i didnt apply 2 tapmi n i feel like killin myself for it, neways lets see how things turn out.
ciao guys have fun

hi all,
mine KJz GD/PI is on 14th 9 am. well have converted my SCMHRD call, so i guess i would be joinning it, but anyways i would be there, lets see.take care, if anyonez interview is on 14th 9 am plz mail me at [email protected] . take care

cho and best of luck:grab:

vaibhav

HEY PPL,

all those who submitted thr dd's .... did u get the confirmation receipt from soamiya... which we need to produce at the time of gdpi???

also i hv heard thr gonna be case studies n all.... any guy/gal who have an idea pls inform!!

whr r the somaiya ppl we have on this forum???

wake up guyzzzzz!

CheerS
Jay

Hi Pals

I have my GD/ PI scheduled on 12th at Bangalore. As NMIMS ppl have scheduled their GD/PI in Chennai on the same day, I gave a ring to KJS. They were kind enough to agree for reschedule it on 13th and wanted me just to fax a request and attend on 13th. I sent a fax and they were even courteous enough to send a mail permitting me to appear on 13th. Their gesture made a good impression on me friends. Though KJS is one of my last options, I felt that it is better to be safe until I accept a final call and pay fees. (already did not accept LBSIM. Do not intend to accept Fore. Waitlisted in Tapmi and IMI. Final call results awaited from UBS, IFMR, XIME and NIRMA. Calls to attend GIM, NMIMS, KJS and possibly BIM and certainly LIBA. Keeping all the fingers crossed!!!

Karthik

hi ppl
any1 having the slightest idea abt WCT pl. tell . any chance of it being ' write letters ' of formal commu. ?:confused:

KJSians please guide :tellme:

btw, even i havent got any receipt of the DD as yet.

n all u guys having GDs b4 me ( mine is on 17th ) pl. guide
i'm very nervous as my gd for nirma also wasnt that good ( though my int. was better)
dont think i'll make it though.

n yes, if ne1 knows of ques. that can b askes to computer science students, do tell me or give a link.

thats all 4 now.
bye.

hi ppl
any1 having the slightest idea abt WCT pl. tell . any chance of it being ' write letters ' of formal commu. ?:confused:

KJSians please guide :tellme:

btw, even i havent got any receipt of the DD as yet.

n all u guys having GDs b4 me ( mine is on 17th ) pl. guide
i'm very nervous as my gd for nirma also wasnt that good ( though my int. was better)
dont think i'll make it though.

n yes, if ne1 knows of ques. that can b askes to computer science students, do tell me or give a link.

thats all 4 now.
bye.

hey guys/gals
i have my gd/int/wct on the 18th at 1330 hrs.so im looking 4ward to suggestions from all of u.even i have not recieved the reciept.and y is there a lot of suspicion about KJS.plz suggest regarding wct and case studies.

hi ...........
caling seniors

pls tell us the proceedure involved..........

thanx

hey guys think this thread should be in the cat section.........

what say....

Rahul

hey junta,

i got my gd/pi on 12th in bangalore..morning batch...so anyone else in same batch do pm me...
also read a lot of msgs abt wct and case study...i wud recommend that u guys do a search on somaiya gd/pi here at pg itself...theres a thread abt their experienes with all topics asked and etc etc...shud help...it was case studies i believe last year...
ciao