Join ANNA HAZARE.... make our country free from corruption....

Hi puys, this thread is to support the living mahatma gandhi… a true patriot ANNA HAZARE… do post the happenings in ur city and how we can make this nation free from corruption… puys can join in their respective cities …

Hi puys,

this thread is to support the living mahatma gandhi..... a true patriot ANNA HAZARE......

do post the happenings in ur city and how we can make this nation free from corruption.....

puys can join in their respective cities n show solidarity to this man......

this is just the beginning....we have a long way to go!!!!

Lets convert our JANTAR MANTAR into another TAHRIR SQUARE, birthplace of New India, the Corruption Free India.

for those of u who dont kno abt ANNA HAZARE:

He calls himself a fakir a man who has no family, no property and no bank balance. He lives in a 10ft x 10ft spartan room attached to the Yadavbaba temple in Ahmednagar's Ralegan Siddhi village, 110km from Pune and wears only khadi.
But when 71-year-old Kisan Baburao Hazare alias Anna starts an agitation, every leader from Mumbai to Delhi sits up and takes notice. Even his detractors and politicians who hate his guts, grudgingly accept he is the only person who has the power to mobilize common people across the country and shake up a government. His small frail body has taken several blows from the countless agitations, tours and hunger strikes he has undertaken since he came in public life in 1975.
"I am not scared of death. I have no family to cry over me and if I die while doing something for the country I would be happy. We need to start a second freedom movement to get rid of corruption, red tapism, delays in government offices, frequent transfers of honest officials and lack of transparency," he says. Anna lost his mother Laxmibai in 2002 and has two married sisters one in Mumbai and another in Sangamner who worry everytime their "stubborn brother starts an indefinite hunger strike".
However Anna has chosen to firmly stay away from any family ties and never visits his sisters. "I do have a home in Ralegan Siddhi but I have never set foot inside it in the last four decades," he once said.
He was born on January 15, 1940 in Bhingar village of Ahmednagar district to a family of an unskilled labourer who owned five acres of cultivable land. Adverse conditions pushed their family into the grip of poverty and in 1952 Hazare moved into his ancestral home in Ralegan Siddhi. He was brought up by a childless aunt who funded his education in Mumbai but financial instability pushed him into selling flowers for a living and he had to quit studies after Class VII.
Soon after, he joined the Army and trained as a truck driver but his days were spent reading books on the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi and Acharya Vinoba Bhave.
That turned him to social work. Two near-fatal mishaps in the 1965 war with Pakistan changed his outlook towards life and seeking voluntary retirement from the Army, he returned to Ralegan Siddhi in 1975 which was then in the grip of drought, poverty, crimes and alcoholism.
He used his savings for developmental work of the village. "I asked them to take an oath banning liquor, excessive grazing by cattle and felling of trees. Another oath was to have small families with men undergoing vasectomy," he recalled during an interaction.
He motivated villagers into voluntary labour. Canals and bunds were built to hold rainwater which solved the water scarcity problem and also increased irrigation possibilities in the village.
courtesy: The Times of India

I totally support this movement. 2010 can be termed as year of coorruption. This has to end. The whole nation has extended their support to him. Long live Anna Hazare.

PROBITY: DIFFERENT YARDSTICKS LOKPAL BILL (GOVT VERSION) 1 The Lokpal will have jurisdiction only over the Prime Minister; ministers and MPs 2 The Lokpal will not have suo motu power to initiate inquiry or even receive compliments of corruption directly from the public. The complaints will be forwarded to it by the presiding officer of either House of Parliament 3 It is purely an advisory body and can therefore only give recommendations of the Prime Minister on complaints against ministers and to the presiding officer of either House on complaints against the Prime Minister and MPs 4 Since it has no police powers, the Lokpal cannot register an FIR on any complaint. It can only conduct a preliminary enquiry 5 Anybody found to have lodged a false complaint will be punished summarily by the Lokpal with imprisonment ranging from 1 year to 3 years 6 The Lokpal will consist of three members, all of them will be retired judges 7 The committee to select Lokpal members will consist entirely of political dignitaries and its composition is loaded in favour of the ruling party 8 If a complaint against the Prime Minister relates to subjects like security, defence and foreign affairs, the Lokpal is barred from probing those allegations 9 Though a time limit of six months to one year has been prescribed for the Lokpal to conduct its probe, there is no limit for completion of trial, if any 10 Nothing has been provided in law to recover ill-gotten wealth. After serving his sentence, a corrupt person can come out of jail and use that money JAN LOKPAL BILL (CIVIL SOC VERSION) 1 The Lokpal will have jurisdiction over politicians, bureaucrats and judges. The CVC and the entire vigilance machinery of the Centre will be merged into the Lokpal 2 The Lokpal can not only initiate action on its own but it can also entertain complaints directly from the public. It will not need reference or permission from any authority 3 After completing its investigation against public servants, the Lokpal can initiate prosecution, order disciplinary proceedings or both 4 With the corruption branch of the CBI merged into it, the Lokpal will be able to register FIRs, conduct investigations under the Criminal Procedure Code and launch prosecution 5 The Lokayukta can only impose financial penalties for complaints found to be false 6 The Lokpal will consist of 10 members and one chairperson, out of which only four are required to have legal background without necessarily having any judicial experience 7 The selection committee will be broad-based as it includes members from judicial background, Chief Election Commissioner, Comptroller and Auditor General, retired Army generals and outgoing members of the Lokpal 8 There is no such bar on the Lokpals powers 9 The Lokpal will have to complete its investigation within one year & the subsequent trail will have to over in another year 10 Loss caused to government due to corruption will be recoverd from all those proved guilty.

Courtesy: The Times of India

The following site contains everything you need to know:
India Against Corruption

guys look at the link posted by abhij.... join the movement in your respective cities....... look at the spirit of a 70 year old man!!!!! with our help he can do a lot.......

Look at the spirit of this man!!!!

YouTube - Anna Hazares indefinite fast against corruption

The lokpal bill has been languished in Rajya shabha since 42 yrs....why nobody bothered about it......Now evrbdy is intrstd....Hats off to our leaders..

Lokpal Bill movement

In 2011, Anna Hazare led a movement for passing a stronger anti-corruption Lokpal (ombudsman) bill in the Indian Parliament. As a part of this movement, N. Santosh Hegde, a former justice of the Supreme Court of India and Lokayukta of Karnataka, Prashant Bhushan, a senior lawyer in the Supreme Court along with the members of the India Against Corruption movement drafted an alternate bill, named as the Jan Lokpal Bill (People's Ombudsman Bill) with more stringent provisions and wider power to the Lokpal (Ombudsman). Hazare has started a fast unto death from 5 April 2011 at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, to press for the demand to form a joint committee of the representatives of the Government and the civil society to draft a new bill with more stronger penal actions and more independence to the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Ombudsmen in the states), after his demand was rejected by the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.
The movement attracted attention very quickly through various media. It has been reported that thousands of people joined to support Hazare's effort. Almost 150 people are reported to join Hazare in his fast. He said that he would not allow any politician to sit with him in this movement. Politicians like Uma Bharti and Om Prakash Chautala were shooed away by protesters when they came to visit the site where the protest was taking place. Many social activists including Medha Patkar, Arvind Kejriwal and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi have lent their support to Hazare's hunger strike and anti-corruption campaign. This movement has also been joined by many people providing their support in Internet social media such as twitter and facebook. In addition to spiritual leaders Swami Ramdev, Swami Agnivesh and former Indian cricketer Kapil Dev, many bollywood celebrities like Shekhar Kapur, Siddharth Narayan, Anupam Kher, Madhur Bhandarkar, Pritish Nandy, Priyanka Chopra, Prakash Raj, Aamir Khan, Chetan Bhagat showed their public support through twitter. As an outcome of this movement, on 6 April, 2011 Sharad Pawar resigned from the group of ministers formed for reviewing the draft Lokpal bill 2010.
Anna Hazare started his "Fast until Death" at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, stating "I will fast until Jan Lokpal Bill is passed"

Appeal Sonia Gandhi to Hazare to end fast-

http://businessstandard.com/india/news/anna-hazaredriver-to-driving-force-against-graft/131409/on

First f all its heartening to see this thread.
i was just discussing with my friend how i think our generation is disc going -facebook living - jeans wearing - symbol of consumerism and slef centered apathy is at the core of our values.

but i realsied the flaw in my statement .
you cant generalise a generation and you cant generalize a nation.

and some of us and i hope many rather most of us will stand up for this cause in some way or another .
its reckoning time

Jai HInd

For those who live in MUMBAI

The Jan Lokpal bill is our right. Its time tht d politicians and bureaucrats quit making a mockery of the law..n time 4 us to stop being silent spectators to every new scam that is exposed...join the candle light vigil at every railway station tomorrow (Friday) 6 to 8 pm on the east side...

Anna Hazare rocks....:thumbsup:
The draft of the Jan Lokpal Bill is quite terrifying(of course, for the corrupt politicians):cheerio::cheerio:

Cmon govt....Dnt let this man suffer anymore bcz he's a True Champion....

To all puys....
A Support for this movement no matter how small will be appreciated....
Something for the betterment of our nation....

Regards,
Himanshu

no matter what happens, i will never give up....

The Jan Lokpal bill is our right. Its time tht d politicians and bureaucrats quit making a mockery of the law..n time 4 us to stop being silent spectators to every new scam that is exposed...join the candle light vigil at every railway station tomorrow (Friday) 6 to 8 pm on the east side...

will definitely light up the east side of borivali/kandivali station:)..This is just a first step...And from tomorrow we should think bigger..Newer ideas to show solidarity..Newer fires to burn this corruption...I am bringing in the 2 whole candle boxes..Puys and friends interested can pm me..

puys from delhi and ncr....
this is the best way to show our solidarity and support to the Gandhiji of modern India.
A 72 yr old man ready to sacrifice his life for the welfare and safety for the youths and coming generations....
I urge you all puys to come to India Gate tomorow at 5.30 p.m. for a candle-light march to Jantar Mantar.

Today there were around 8000-10000 people....
let the people of this country tell the corrupt politicians that their time is up!!!

P.S. :
I met two tourists(dont know from which country) at india gate when we were carrying the candlelight march....We told them the reason behind this procession and they at once agreed to join us in the march.
In-fact they said that this war against corruption should be carried across the world

JAI HIND!!!!

yes this is the time....

together we can and we will make the difference

other cities
PUNE-BALGANDHARVA CHOWK
Bangalore-Freedom park
Chennai-Marina Beach

Its high time we act against corruption and i dont want to live in a morally bankrupt society where a small political class is making our nation look like a banana republic

for many who dnt know much abt anna hazare

he hasmade maharashtrian politicians from sharad pawar to bal thackeray shiver in their boots..

now doing the same vth sonia gandhi n kapil sibbal