Johnson(Cornell) 2007 Interviews and Beyond.

Dear friends, This thread is for all the wannabes at Johnson School of Business at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Since I didn’t see any thread dedicated to this b-school, I thought of initiating it. Hope that it would be the right pla…

Dear friends,

This thread is for all the wannabes at Johnson School of Business at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Since I didn't see any thread dedicated to this b-school, I thought of initiating it.

Hope that it would be the right place for like minded souls!

Warm regards,
NeoZen

** BTW, did anyone apply and get interviewed by Johnson school yet for the MBA program starting on the fall of 2007?

Dear friends,

This thread is for all the wannabes at Johnson School of Business at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Since I didn't see any thread dedicated to this b-school, I thought of initiating it.

Hope that it would be the right place for like minded souls!

Warm regards,
NeoZen

** BTW, did anyone apply and get interviewed by Johnson school yet for the MBA program starting on the fall of 2007?

i am still looking at the school.... researching on it

Is this for 2007?

If yes, I'll be editing the title to Cornell(2007) Interviews and Beyond.

Confirm/Explain if otherwise. Editing will occur in 24hours

Hi,

I had a chat with the admissions officer from Cornell in the "Inside The MBA Tour" in Philadelphia. Cornell is a good school and its immersion program ensures you are well
prepared in your area of concentration. It also has an average salary of close to $100,000
and is located in a nice place.
However the main drawback of the program is that it does not offer loans to International
students with a co-signer. So if you have the case ready, then of course this is a good school to aim for.

All the Best
Raj

I have applied to Cornell in R2. Right now just waiting for the interview invites. I think you need a credit history to secure a no co-signee loan.
Does anyone have more info abt. the program or how it is unique?

sanjeev

I have applied to Cornell in R2. Right now just waiting for the interview invites. I think you need a credit history to secure a no co-signee loan.
Does anyone have more info abt. the program or how it is unique?

sanjeev

Which part of Orlando are you staying?

However the main drawback of the program is that it does not offer loans to International
students with a co-signer. So if you have the case ready, then of course this is a good school to aim for.

All the Best
Raj

I guess you meant 'without' a cosigner...
Anyway.. from the Cornell website
Johnson School at Cornell University - Current Students - Tuition and Financial Aid - Applying for Loans

The Johnson School has partnered with Citibank to offer our international students up to full tuition in loan funds. Students must have verifiable assets equal to or greater than the amount of the loan they are requesting (including any amount borrowed in their first year). This loan requires no co-signor, but offers a co-signor option if the student borrower does not have the required assets to qualify for the loan. The co-signor (regardless of citizenship) must also document they have sufficient assets to qualify for the loan.

So I guess if your father/mother has a house/land in India, it should suffice? Not sure.. do let me know your thoughts

Edited to add: Johnson R2 applicant

Perfect. Exactly my take. As long as you have a sponsor (parents, company) or have sufficient personal funds to cover the 1st year tuition, Cornell will facilititate a Citibank loan.

Susie, when did ya submit yer R2 application? Has it gone complete yet? I submitted on Nov 8th. Damn status still says 'Received'.

Susie, when did ya submit yer R2 application? Has it gone complete yet? I submitted on Nov 8th. Damn status still says 'Received'.

Submitted the last day.. 9th I think. Status still 'Received'.
Susie Derkins Says
Submitted the last day.. 9th I think. Status still 'Received'.

Hmmm.....yer profile? Has anybody in here gotten an interview invite with Cornell yet?

Yes guys, please excuse my typo.

If you have assets worth the tuition fees of 100,000 then they would offer loans without co-signer else a co-signer would be required. This was what I was told.

Regards
Rajesh

Dear friends,

I had applied at Cornell in R1 and my app status is still "Under Review". With no interviews yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed at the moment.

Cornell is a great school with an wonderful immersion program. I have heard that it's one of the best schools for career changers.

The funding issue can be resolved by various means. Indian applicants like me can get loans from their home countries to partially fund their education. If you have any friends/relatives in the US (not necessarily US citizens) who can act as cosigner for you, then the other part of the funding can also be resolved. What do you guys say?

Neo2000, thanks for changing the title of this post to a better one.

Take care and do let me know if you get an interview invite!
~NeoZen~

People.. any R1 admits??

(I'm an R2 applicant.)

Hi,
I just recieved an interview invite from Cornell! If anyone has more info on the Univ to help me answer the Why Cornell question, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
sanjeev

Hi,
I just recieved an interview invite from Cornell! If anyone has more info on the Univ to help me answer the Why Cornell question, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
sanjeev

Congrats Sanjeev. Good job. Are you a R1 applicant or a R2 one?? I'm a li'l confused. As to the Why Cornell question, you should definitely speak about the Immersion that interests you in detail. If yer looking at a Finance major, read up on the Cayuga Fund and talk about it. Also bring up the fantastic collaboration, blah blah. Lotsa luck! Let us know how it goes.
NegativeCreep Says
Congrats Sanjeev. Good job. Are you a R1 applicant or a R2 one?? I'm a li'l confused. As to the Why Cornell question, you should definitely speak about the Immersion that interests you in detail. If yer looking at a Finance major, read up on the Cayuga Fund and talk about it. Also bring up the fantastic collaboration, blah blah. Lotsa luck! Let us know how it goes.

I am an R2 applicant. Thanks for the info. I did not understand what you mean by "bring up the fantastic collabaration"? and is it there on the website about the Cayuga Fund?

SANJEEV

WHEN DID U submit ur app?

I am a R1 Applicant, Dt of Submission - Oct 9, 2006
No interview call as yet? It states the "App is currently being reviewed by ADCOM"

Do they send u an email in case there is no Interview call?

hey am a R1 applicant too..status still shows "Application under review.."..anyone's got any final calls, since today is the notification day...best of luk guys 😃

Hi

Lotsa ppl have got final admits with their interviews conducted thru Oct and Nov......

U can get the details on Businessweek discussions Johnson R1.......

Does the ADCOM give you a notification either ways.....