Job Satisfaction or money?

After a mostly boring 15 months in an MNC as an engineer, I have decided to call it quits from the IT industry. I have noticed that 99 percent of young IT professionals are simply not happy with their jobs. These are very smart people doing …

After a mostly boring 15 months in an MNC as an engineer, I have decided to call it quits from the IT industry.

I have noticed that 99 percent of young IT professionals are simply not happy with their jobs. These are very smart people doing a job they loathe. I realize that the strength of India is its workforce. Creativity is dead. Not only from a personal job satisfaction perspective but also looking at the nation as a whole, productivity will improve if the workforce is very satisfied with the job they do.

Many I meet are simply not sure what they want to do in life even after 3 years of working. They just go along with the flow. The herd mentality is very much alive.

For me, after over a year of IT experience, I realize that interaction with people and creativity are very important in choosing a career path. It is important for me to make the best use of skills I already have(eg: writing) than leave them unutilized.

It would be great to get everyone's view points on reasons behind the career path that they have sketched(or plan to) for themselves. Is job satisfaction important or is it just the money?

After a mostly boring 15 months in an MNC as an engineer, I have decided to call it quits from the IT industry.

I have noticed that 99 percent of young IT professionals are simply not happy with their jobs. These are very smart people doing a job they loathe. I realize that the strength of India is its workforce. Creativity is dead. Not only from a personal job satisfaction perspective but also looking at the nation as a whole, productivity will improve if the workforce is very satisfied with the job they do.

Many I meet are simply not sure what they want to do in life even after 3 years of working. They just go along with the flow. The herd mentality is very much alive.

For me, after over a year of IT experience, I realize that interaction with people and creativity are very important in choosing a career path. It is important for me to make the best use of skills I already have(eg: writing) than leave them unutilized.

It would be great to get everyone's view points on reasons behind the career path that they have sketched(or plan to) for themselves. Is job satisfaction important or is it just the money?

Job satisfaction is must, money thode kam bhi mile toh it would just work out fine..
With satisfaction from job, we dont get the feel of monotonous working and our output increases with relatively easy life..

P.S --- its my opinion, others may differ from this

For most people today, money is the most important criteria. That is true especially for freshers, as a higher package at the beginning enables them to rise faster in industry. Disillusionment may set in after a few years of work, as your interest may lie elsewhere. Puys who opt out of placements, & plunge into entrepreneurship may get the better job satisfaction.. their hearts rule over the mind. Giving employment to others at the same time under your own business, rather than seeking employment is also a satisfying criteria for many.