Job/intern prospects for Class 2008/2009 in US/Europe (due to credit crunch)

I was just wanted to see what folks in Class of 2008/2009 are finding about the job market and summer intern prospects for this year while pursuing their MBA in US/Canada/Europe. Todays news that Bear Stearns is under emergency fund support i…

I was just wanted to see what folks in Class of 2008/2009 are finding about the job market and summer intern prospects for this year while pursuing their MBA in US/Canada/Europe.

Todays news that Bear Stearns is under emergency fund support is sending jitters through the financial markets. I believe the economy in the US in particular is struggling, and the MBA market might not be as rosy as it was in 2004/2005.

How are the MBA students in US/Canada/Europe in the Class of 2008 and 2009 finding jobs/intern opportunities?

I am a prospective MBA student for Class of 2010, and even though it is a bit hard to predict how things will work out in the next few years, I felt that this might be a good topic for discussion.

I understand that MBA is a long-term career goal, but many of us are taking big loans/leaving settled jobs to pursue MBA, and we might have to make hard decisions whether to pursue MBA this year or in a few years.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.