JBIMS through MAT(feb2005)

hello buddies, this is saurabh here, frens can some body tell me that is it possible to get JBIMS through MAT, with net Per. of 99.84…frns…JBIMS is my last hope. n i m desprate for it, please reply me n help this pagal guy among u…

hello buddies,
this is saurabh here, frens can some body tell me that is it possible to get JBIMS through MAT, with net Per. of 99.84......frns.....JBIMS is my last hope. n i m desprate for it,
please reply me n help this pagal guy among u......
kcn

hi,
jbims is a mumbai university affiliated college.....hence admission for full time mba only thru cet (maharashtra)

hi,
jbims is a mumbai university affiliated college.....hence admission for full time mba only thru cet (maharashtra)

hello buddy,
well dear i m outside MAHARASHTRA student n for people like me jbims consider CAT/XAT/MAT/JMET/ATMA score at par.

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum, have been a silent viewer. i have got thru the dual course... just wanted to confirm bout the placements. u guys mentioned n average of 3.2 to 3.5, was that for dual or it/tm.

and does ne body have n idea on the hostel as in what is the in take :grab: m waiting for other results then only intend on payin the fees. can ne body help me out on this...

cheers...
Venkat

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum, have been a silent viewer. i have got thru the dual course... just wanted to confirm bout the placements. u guys mentioned n average of 3.2 to 3.5, was that for dual or it/tm.

and does ne body have n idea on the hostel as in what is the in take :grab: m waiting for other results then only intend on payin the fees. can ne body help me out on this...

cheers...
Venkat

hey dude are u sure that u have posted whatever u intended to at the rigght place i dont happen to see the connection......

Rahul
hello buddies,
this is saurabh here, frens can some body tell me that is it possible to get JBIMS through MAT, with net Per. of 99.84......frns.....JBIMS is my last hope. n i m desprate for it,
please reply me n help this pagal guy among u......
kcn

hey Saurabh,
your percentile is too good for you to make it to Bajaj. Infact, the cutoff should be around 99.50%ile. So, with your percentile, you're a sure-shot Bajaj student.

ciao.

Hi!
I got 100 %ile in Mat and I have also applied to Mah Cet. Let me make this clear ppl marks are not weighted equally for CAT?MAT/JMET/XAT/ATMA!
The CET ppl send ur scores to a Banking research organisation in mumbai who conpare the percentiles on basis of toughness of paper, number of ppl who take it, etc. and then allocate the candidate a specific score w.r.t the cet score.
Now MAT scores may not be as highly rated at a cat score at the same level. though i hope the difference is minimal.
I do not have comprehensive proof to attach for this, but even if u seek it I belive u better enter law and leave MBA, coz I have collected some data over the last 20 odd days in this regard. Almost definately 99.5 wil not make it from MAT to JBIMS.
Here are a few facts (data collection frm jamilzz posts and also from what i gathered)-
- only 5-6 ppl from outside MAH are in JBIMS are currently thro MAT/ CAt etc scores.
- A person with XAt score in 98.XX is one of them
- Last year a person made it to a score of 167 after having 99.72 in MAt. As per my info he was the lowest percentile frm MAT admitted last year.
- With better information about this route this year expect more ppl to take this route compared to last year, specificaly with CL, PT sending mails to their students about MAH CET taking other test scores. Its my second year into all this race full time and believe me the info bout this till last year was way lesser. So competition is tougher!

So plzzzz ppl do not soleley rely on MAt scores to see us thro, we can only be sure of anything when the MAH CET written scores are out and we are later given our scores. Till then keep working on the GD/Pi's
At least Im not taking things for granted even though a few ppl have told me 100%ile is at least 99 % through. But from what Ive leart it isnt!
Hope this can clear a few doubts here. Wud love it if smone from jbims specifically jamilzz can also contribute!
GAUTAM

Hi!
I got 100 %ile in Mat and I have also applied to Mah Cet. Let me make this clear ppl marks are not weighted equally for CAT?MAT/JMET/XAT/ATMA!
The CET ppl send ur scores to a Banking research organisation in mumbai who conpare the percentiles on basis of toughness of paper, number of ppl who take it, etc. and then allocate the candidate a specific score w.r.t the cet score.
Now MAT scores may not be as highly rated at a cat score at the same level. though i hope the difference is minimal.
I do not have comprehensive proof to attach for this, but even if u seek it I belive u better enter law and leave MBA, coz I have collected some data over the last 20 odd days in this regard. Almost definately 99.5 wil not make it from MAT to JBIMS.
Here are a few facts (data collection frm jamilzz posts and also from what i gathered)-
- only 5-6 ppl from outside MAH are in JBIMS are currently thro MAT/ CAt etc scores.
- Last year a person made it to a score of 167 after having 99.72 in MAt. As per my info he was the lowest percentile frm MAT admitted last year.
- With better information about this route this year expect more ppl to take this route compared to last year, specificaly with CL, PT sending mails to their students about MAH CET taking other test scores. Its my second year into all this race full time and believe me the info bout this till last year was way lesser. So competition is tougher!

So plzzzz ppl do not soleley rely on MAt scores to see us thro, we can only be sure of anything when the MAH CET written scores are out and we are later given our scores. Till then keep working on the GD/Pi's
At least Im not taking things for granted even though a few ppl have told me 100%ile is at least 99 % through. But from what Ive leart it isnt!
Hope this can clear a few doubts here. Wud love it if smone from jbims specifically jamilzz can also contribute!
GAUTAM

Hey man,

gr88 post and gr88 research...just one more question...

i am an OMS student....and have given CET exam...i do not have good CAT percentile...

Can i give May Mat Exam....and still apply to JBIMS...

Kindly enlighten

Rikesh

hii friends

even I believe that it isn't right assigning equal weightage to all tests.
But then wev all believed it to be the case before Gautam posted his message.

I got

cat-96.53
mat-99.96

which score do I submit if unequal weightage.

Hi fellas,

I am from Mumbai and av scored 99.98 in XAT. My domicil is in Maharashtra. I cud not attend CET coz had my XL intw on the same day. Can anyone pls tell me whether I can apply to JB with my XAT score inspite of being a Mumbai resident.
Thankx for any help
Ciao,
Van Nistelrooy

hii friends

I got

cat-96.53
mat-99.96

go with MAT
Hi fellas,

I am from Mumbai and av scored 99.98 in XAT. My domicil is in Maharashtra. I cud not attend CET coz had my XL intw on the same day. Can anyone pls tell me whether I can apply to JB with my XAT score inspite of being a Mumbai resident.
Thankx for any help
Ciao,
Van Nistelrooy

nope vinod u can't submit the other scores if u r a maharashtra domicile student....
hey Saurabh,
your percentile is too good for you to make it to Bajaj. Infact, the cutoff should be around 99.50%ile. So, with your percentile, you're a sure-shot Bajaj student.

ciao.

hello buddy,
thnx alot, coz i messed up my cat n got mere 95.96 per, so didnt get call frm MDI n all, although converted TAPMI, but still lookin for JBIMS. or i will take drop n will go for CAT n Jbims once again.
bye
saurabh
hii friends

I got

cat-96.53
mat-99.96

Dude,
Assuming what Gautam has said to be true, I think you should take his word and go and submit through CAT scorecard. After all, a 96.53%ile in CAT is better than a 99.96%ile in MAT.

ATB.

Regards,
Nikhil.
hello buddy,
thnx alot, coz i messed up my cat n got mere 95.96 per, so didnt get call frm MDI n all, although converted TAPMI, but still lookin for JBIMS. or i will take drop n will go for CAT n Jbims once again.
bye
saurabh

Hey,
When I gave the advice, i was under the impression that all the exams would be taken on par. But then, gautam has posted that there will be differential rating which looks as if he's done some research on it. So, with TAPMI in hand and the BAJAJ thing not very clear, i'd say a bird in hand is worth two in a bush. Therefore, go ahead with TAPMI.

Regards,
Nikhil
Hi fellas,

Thankx for any help
Ciao,
Van Nistelrooy

Tough luck, man! It's a pity that after having 99.98%ile in XAT, you can't apply through it. I guess you must be cursing yourseelf for being a Maharashtrian . And by not taking the CET, you've closed all doors.
Hi fellas,

Thankx for any help
Ciao,
Van Nistelrooy

hey ruud,
i really feel 4 u man!!! arent u da same 1 with a gr8 cat percentile nbut no calls!! i am really sorry,... but u cant apply to cet now... as u r a maharshtra domicile dude!!
Hi!

GAUTAM

must say a lot of hard work put into this ................ but alas all this is of no substantiality.............. coz conversion factor in respect to different tests is all the same ............... there is no prefernce for any test............ this has been clarified time and again by jamilz and sumit and me............. i have and also kcn smile............ i have personally spoken to dte officil and they have tola me that all will be given equal weightage.............. this is just for the fact that in the brochure it is mentioned that it will be converted into equivalent marks of cet................ yes if yu look in carefully yu will find that it has been given that cet or other equivalent test score........ so be happy that yu good mark and also about that banking research organisation ........... all i can say that it is all CRAP mat................ concentrate on gd pi and yull get jbims mumbai k k

hi,
...my mat percentile is 97.46 can anyone tell me my chances of getting into any of these 4 colleges
1. JB
2. SYND.
3. WELLINKAR
4. KJ SOMAIYA

i have already taken admission in amity noida pgdm course...pls help me...