JBIMS this year or SP JAIN next year

Hi Guess i would need the advice of some seniors . I am from Bits and currently working in a software company(10 months)…did not give CAT 2002…realised IT sucked big time!!!\ Only CET is left…will try for JBIMS.many people told…

Hi

Guess i would need the advice of some seniors .
I am from Bits and currently working in a software company(10 months)....did not give CAT 2002.....realised IT sucked big time!!!\

Only CET is left..will try for JBIMS.many people told me that if i want to change my stream(move into marketing or finance) too much of work exp could be a hinderance...if i give sp jain next year i would have 2 years work exp.

i am keen on b schools in mumbai....could anyone please suggest what i should do.which is better sp jain (with 2 years of work exp) or jbims(this year)

additionally if i donot make into jbims this year i will relocate to mumbai..so basically i will be switching my job too(two in two years)...should i look for a marketing job then till i donot get into a b school and shun a white collar IT job..if i want to go for FMCG after my mba

Rick

hey RICK!
didnt you post on coolavenues too???
looking for a second opinion 😃 ??

hey RICK!

what is coolavenues ?? : :
hey RICK!

what is coolavenues ?? : :

Visit the site coolavenues.com and u would know urself

Hi

i think CET is ur best option. S.P.Jain, NMIMS, JBIMS ,Willingkars, K.G.Somaiya are quite reputed colleges in mumbai. and u should give a try.

rohit

hey can any one tell me abt subjects included in 1st yro mba.....??

nimita Says
hey can any one tell me abt subjects included in 1st yro mba.....??

Wh y such a query baap? Syllabus pata karke hi MBA karne ka irada hai kya? The syllabi varies according to ur specialization and de coll. u r in.
Hi

Guess i would need the advice of some seniors .
I am from Bits and currently working in a software company(10 months)....did not give CAT 2002.....realised IT sucked big time!!!\

Only CET is left..will try for JBIMS.many people told me that if i want to change my stream(move into marketing or finance) too much of work exp could be a hinderance...if i give sp jain next year i would have 2 years work exp.

i am keen on b schools in mumbai....could anyone please suggest what i should do.which is better sp jain (with 2 years of work exp) or jbims(this year)

additionally if i donot make into jbims this year i will relocate to mumbai..so basically i will be switching my job too(two in two years)...should i look for a marketing job then till i donot get into a b school and shun a white collar IT job..if i want to go for FMCG after my mba

Rick

Hey Rick,
After reading your profile, my personal opinion would be that you continue your job and give SP Jain a shot the coming year. Having two years of work ex and passing out from SP Jain would be a deadly combination which would reap you benefits in the long run.

Regards,
Nikhil.

kindly see the date and then reply

Hey Rick,
After reading your profile, my personal opinion would be that you continue your job and give SP Jain a shot the coming year. Having two years of work ex and passing out from SP Jain would be a deadly combination which would reap you benefits in the long run.

Regards,
Nikhil.

hey nikhil,
pls note the date be4 u reply..guess that rick guy wud hv already passed out of his mba course by now!! :wink:

Hey read this thread of MDI this year vs CAT next year. This should help you out.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-now-or-cat-next-yr-for-iims-25008364

Dude getting into JBIMS is on the same difficulty level as the IIMs........40,000+ applicants for Less than 40 students.....if ur maharashtra domicile......otherwise ur worse off

billybolimeeaaaw Says
Wh y such a query baap? Syllabus pata karke hi MBA karne ka irada hai kya? The syllabi varies according to ur specialization and de coll. u r in.

kudos to billybolimeeaaaw for unearthing this account...
and accolades to all those who are 'still' giving their advice.