JBIMS - Placements 2006

FINAL PLACEMENTS 2006 AT JBIMS 40 and still going strong! If placements are any indication of an institutes recognition and success in the corporate world, then one doesnt need a bigger evidence of the supremacy of *Jamnalal Bajaj Inst…

FINAL PLACEMENTS 2006 AT JBIMS

40 and still going strong! If placements are any indication of an institutes recognition and success in the corporate world, then one doesnt need a bigger evidence of the supremacy of Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, which has had 4 decades of an impressive track record of translating dreams into destiny. Placements at Bajaj this year have once again reaffirmed the faith that its widespread alumni and the industry have in the institutes capability to churn out superior intellectual capital.
The highest salary offered on campus was 14 Lacs p.a., which is a huge jump from the highest salary of 9.35 lacs p.a. offered last year. The average salary was 8.17 lacs p.a., again a whopping increase compared to the average of 7.04 lacs p.a. last year. The median salary was 8.25 lacs p.a.
The Whos who of India Inc including McKinsey & Co, Accenture Management Consulting, TSMG, Bristlecone Consulting, IBM Consulting, HLL, Colgate Palmolive, ITC, Britannia, Perfetti, Dabur, Godrej Industries, Citibank, HSBC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, SBI, UTI Bank, ING Vysya Bank, SBI Capital Markets, IDFC, J P Morgan Chase, Adventity, Fractal Analytics. Hewlett Packard, Intel Corporation, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Patni, MBT, Johnson & Johnson Medical, Bharti tele-ventures, ICICI Prudential, ICICI Lombard, Hindustan Times, Dupont and many more queued up to lay their hands on the leaders of tomorrow.
Heres a snapshot of Final Placements for the Batch of 2006:
  1. Mc Kinsey & Co. recruited 2 students
  1. Sandstone Capital, a Hedge Fund made 1 offer
  1. Millionaires Club - More than 10% of the batch will start off with a 7 figure salary
  1. Banking and Financial Institutions alone recruited 37 % of the batch, with 51% of the Finance batch getting their dream profiles in this sector
  1. Sunrise sectors like Aviation, Insurance and Media saw significant representation on campus
  1. Intel Corporation, Dupont, IDFC, Bristlecone, Adventity, ING Vysya Bank, Hindustan Times, were first time recruiters at Bajaj
  1. ICICI Bank emerged as the biggest recruiter making 10 offers in all
  1. Standard Chartered Bank made 7 offers including 2 PPO's
  1. 12% ofthe batch had already secured Pre Placements Offers and hence were not available for the companies
  1. Students showed preference for profiles over salary, a trend prevalent last year as well
  1. 7 students got lateral placements from companies like Intel Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Medical, IBM Consulting, Godrej Industries and Infosys Technologies, among others
Heres the story sector wise:
1. Consulting
Consulting returned with a bang with Mc Kinsey & Co. recruiting 2 students. The sector saw a rise in the percentage intake with 10 students getting into the crme-de-la-crme of consulting companies.
  1. Mc Kinsey & Co, the worlds largest consultancy firm recruited 2 students
  1. Accenture Management Consulting made 3 offers while Tata Strategic Management Group and Bristlecone Consulting made 1 offer each
  1. IBM recruited 3 students for its Business Consulting Services practice
2. Banking & Financial Institutions
Bajaj is traditionally known to be the hunting ground for top notch banking and financial services stalwarts. Banking and Financial Institutions continue to be the biggest recruiters, in congruence with the students preferences recruiting 37% of the batch of 2006.
  1. Sandstone Capital with its lone offer marked the entry of Hedge Funds at Bajaj.
  1. ICICI Bank made a total of 10 offers
  1. Standard Chartered Bank made a total of 7 offers, including 2 PPOs.
  1. The unassailable bond which Bajaj has with Citibank was further consolidated with the latter extending 2 PPIs and making 2 final offers on campus for its coveted Management Associate Program
  1. HSBC bank which returned to campus after a year, made a total of 3 offers
  1. IDFC made its debut on campus and made 2 offers for niche profiles
  1. ING Vysya Bank visited campus for the first time and made 1 offer
  1. UTI Bank recruited 5 students
  1. ICICI Lombard, ICICI Prudential turned out to be big recruiters on campus
Other regular recruiters included State Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Bank among many others.
3. FMCG
The FMCG sector was well represented by regulars like HLL, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, Britannia, Dabur, Godrej among many others.
  1. HLL recruited 1 student for its Business Leadership Training Program
  1. Coca Cola made 1 Pre Placement Offer
  1. ITC made 2 offers to the Marketing Batch
  1. Colgate Palmolive made 1 offer
  1. Britannia made 1 offer in Sales & Marketing
  1. Dabur, the fastest growing FMCG recruited 2 students
  1. Perfetti returned to campus after a considerable gap and recruited 1 student
4. IT
HP, Intel Corporation, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, MBT, Patni name the company in the sector and it was there.

5. Others

Others included sunrise sectors like Pharma, Aviation, Media and companies like Titan, Dupont.
  1. Dr. Reddys made a Pre Placement Offer to the only doctor in the batch
  1. Johnson & Johnson Medical made a lateral offer
  1. Air India recruited 2 students from Bajaj offering 12.35 Lacs p.a.
  1. Hindustan Times recruited 2 students to fuel its future growth in new businesses.
  1. Dupont in its first visit to campus made 1 offer
Placement Statistics:
No of companies who registered for the process ------ 117
No of companies who got to recruit students ----------- 58
No of students to be placed ------------------------------- 122
No of offers made --------------------------------------------- 247
Offer per student ---------------------------------------------- 2.02
No of PPOs ---------------------------------------------------- 15
Percentage of the batch which got placed --------------- 100%
Highest Salary ------------------------------------------------- 14.00
Average Salary ------------------------------------------------- 8.17
Median Salary -------------------------------------------------- 8.25
Sector -----------------------Avg Sal* --------------------Highest Salary*
Consulting --------------------10.25 ------------------------------14.00
Banking & FIs -----------------8.25 -------------------------------10.00
FMCG --------------------------8.00 --------------------------------9.63
IT -------------------------------7.20 --------------------------------9.10
BPO/KPO ----------------------8.45 -------------------------------9.00
Telecom ------------------------8.10 --------------------------------8.25
Others -------------------------7.89 -------------------------------12.35

*All Salary figures above in Lacs per annum

Trends in placements:
  1. The average salary offered to girls was 9.5 lacs p.a. whereas the guys in the batch managed to get an average salary of 8 lacs p.a., with 14 girls in a 122 strong batch
  1. More than 45 companies had to return empty handed as there were no students left
Says Gurpreet Sethi, 23, who got placed with Mc Kinsey & Co., Consulting was my preferred career choice because of the tremendous exposure that one can get. Mc Kinsey & Co. was my dream company as I believe its a place that truly respects people. I am really looking forward to beginning my career with this company.
According to Soumitra Sarkar, member of the Placement Committee, Placements 2006 was a testimony to the faith that both, erstwhile and new recruiters reposed in the talent pool of JBIMS for students intellectual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and individual brilliance that saw these students getting their dream job profiles. The number of new recruiters on campus exemplifies the status of JBIMS as the preferred hunting ground for tomorrows corporate leaders across diverse sectors.
Adds Prasad Menon, also a member of the Placement Committee, An interesting trend which emerged in this years placement season was the thorough disdain shown by the students for the lure of the lucre and a marked preference for work profile, responsibilities given and growth opportunities.

Dear All,

For a sectoral breakup of placement of the entire batch as well as that of Marketing and Finance students please check out the attachments in this post.

Regards,
Jamil

Jus when ppl were beginning to write off JB as another of those "Sleeping Giants" u come with such numbers:grab: ...

Hmm, good going...!!...So once again the inst. has proved that along with NITIE, IITB n SPJ its amongst the best in Bombay/Mah....:thumbsup:

Jus when ppl were beginning to write off JB as another of those "Sleeping Giants" u come with such numbers:grab: ...

Hmm, good going...!!...So once again the inst. has proved that along with NITIE, IITB n SPJ its amongst the best in Bombay/Mah....:thumbsup:

shocking - sleeping giant- i never thought jbims to be a sleepin giant , and who wroite it off in the first place , jbims is not amongs the best in mumbai its among the top 5 in india and one o the top 25 in asia , for your kind information ,
jamilzz , great placements for yu guys , nice to meet you here in the hostel , and i need yur comments on the fact - sleeping giant - it was always giant not aslep as far as i think and no yups even if comparisons are a cardinal sin as the matter has been raised i would agian reiterate the fact that jbims is among the top 5 of the country man ,

bengal tiger ,
coolrahine k

can neone tell me which company offered te highest salary??

smart_alec Says
can neone tell me which company offered te highest salary??

Hi there,

A Global consulting firm offered the highest salary of 14 lpa to the two of its recruits.

However the same is up for revision even before my colleagues join and hence at some places you will see a 14 + as the highest, although for the time being 14 lpa is taken for calculation purposes.

The Lowest offer was of 4.25 lpa

Regards,
Jamil

Going Great Guns JBIMS!

The CET badshah continues to be in competetion with all those take up other exams...

Way to go!

Hi,

Can u plz tell us about the background of the 2 students who were selected by Mc Kinsey for a pay package of 14 lacs per annum.

Are they both from a IIT background or Have they got solid work exp ??

It seems quiet odd that a fresher being offered a package of 14 lacs for a Indian Posting??

Can someone from JBIMS, plz shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can u plz tell us about the background of the 2 students who were selected by Mc Kinsey for a pay package of 14 lacs per annum.

Are they both from a IIT background or Have they got solid work exp ??

It seems quiet odd that a fresher being offered a package of 14 lacs for a Indian Posting??

Can someone from JBIMS, plz shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Sorry for the late reply

Okies now about your query

1. Surprisingly none of the two are IITians
  2. More surprisingly neither are even Engineers
  3. And even more suprisingly both are girls Girl power u see.....
  4. One is a fresher, even the other has less than 1 yr experience
  5. One's from Marketing, other from Finance
  6. One is a BMS the other a CA
  7. Both are Excellent Communicators ......... Very articulate at that
  8. One is the topper of the batch, whereas even the other is in among the tops
  9. Both held positions in important committees here at Bajaj.
  10. Both had Great Extra Curriculars
Hope from this you would get a fair idea of the attributes required for getting into the company in question.

Regards,
Jamil
Hi There,

Sorry for the late reply

Okies now about your query
  1. Surprisingly none of the two are IITians
  2. More surprisingly neither are even Engineers
  3. And even more suprisingly both are girls Girl power u see.....
  4. One is a fresher, even the other has less than 1 yr experience
  5. One's from Marketing, other from Finance
  6. One is a BMS the other a CA
  7. Both are Excellent Communicators ......... Very articulate at that
  8. One is the topper of the batch, whereas even the other is in among the tops
  9. Both held positions in important committees here at Bajaj.
  10. Both had Great Extra Curriculars
Hope from this you would get a fair idea of the attributes required for getting into the company in question.

Regards,
Jamil

Hey you didnt mention if these two placements were for an Indian posting or not?

Also, can you tell me what sort of profile and package did KSA Technopak offer this year?

Thanks
S

do commerce guys reach jbims
i am an oms candidate expextin jb.
converted NM as of now but will withdraw if i get through jb

Man there is so much speculation about the people who get the highsest salary in the industry. why do people always ask that are they from IIT. Though this is an out of context question , just wanted to know that what are the lateral placements position in JB
Hey you didnt mention if these two placements were for an Indian posting or not?

Also, can you tell me what sort of profile and package did KSA Technopak offer this year?

Thanks
S

Hi

Both offers were for Indian posting only.
KSA Technopak didnt came to campus.

Regards

Hi

Yes commerce guys also make it to jb, u ca have a look at the batch profile at www.jbims.edu.

Regards

Wow .....What a Question.

I mean its true that we have a batch profile skewed towards engineering students but then the thought that there were no commerce guys in the batch is a bit stretched.

To give u and idea the break up of our batch (2006) was

Technology/ Engineering - 69%
Commerce - 20% (includes BMS and other similar courses)
Sciences - 05%
Humanities - 04%
Medicine - 02%

Even the Junior batch has more or less a similar profile

So Dont worry .......
Its not an ALL Engineers World ......(though even I am an engg)

Ours is probably the last result of the season, so we do have have people joining in from other Insti's

Have seen two batches here and both of them had 5-7 people leaving NMIMS to join JBIMS............You can be one of them this year

Best of Luck

Regards,
Jamil

This question is for Jamil.

Here is my profile.

BE + MS (USA) + 3 years of US work ex. in Software & Consulting.

Is JBIMS good choice for me?

I always heard JB is good for freshers. Please comment.
(Batch profile shows only 10% with more than 2years of experience.)

Have you seen any examples with profile like me? How were their placements?

Wow .....What a Question.

I mean its true that we have a batch profile skewed towards engineering students but then the thought that there were no commerce guys in the batch is a bit stretched.

To give u and idea the break up of our batch (2006) was

Technology/ Engineering - 69%
Commerce - 20% (includes BMS and other similar courses)
Sciences - 05%
Humanities - 04%
Medicine - 02%

Even the Junior batch has more or less a similar profile

So Dont worry .......
Its not an ALL Engineers World ......(though even I am an engg)

Ours is probably the last result of the season, so we do have have people joining in from other Insti's

Have seen two batches here and both of them had 5-7 people leaving NMIMS to join JBIMS............You can be one of them this year

Best of Luck

Regards,
Jamil
How much has Titan Industries offered ?
Need "genuine" info urgently.
Thanks

Hey jamil,
Thanks for the info. I mean though it was someone else's query but definately good news. My congratulations to the two girls. Hey have u got placed? and could u tell me abt the imp committees u mentioned?

hey...gr8 placements. and thnx for posting in such detail.