JBIMS Admissions And Related Queries(2011-13)

Hi everyone, I see there is no specific thread for JBIMS admissions and related queries for the incoming batch. With Mh-Cet bein about a month and a half away i am sure a lot of you have many queries related to JBIMS so feel free to ask your dou…

Hi everyone,
I see there is no specific thread for JBIMS admissions and related queries for the incoming batch. With Mh-Cet bein about a month and a half away i am sure a lot of you have many queries related to JBIMS so feel free to ask your doubts here.

Some pointers:
1) Dont repeat questions if they have already been answered(Do look through previous pages before posting queries)
2) Try to restrict queries to JBIMS and anything related to admissions at JBIMS, there is a separate thread for CET prep. Plus if too many CET related doubts are asked here it will clutter the thread so please try to avoid it
3) Any CET related queries do PM us, we will try to drop into the CET thread as well from time to time.

Ask away then and all the best to all aspirants:cheerio::cheerio:

Hi everyone,
I see there is no specific thread for JBIMS admissions and related queries for the incoming batch. With Mh-Cet bein about a month and a half away i am sure a lot of you have many queries related to JBIMS so feel free to ask your doubts here.

Some pointers:
1) Dont repeat questions if they have already been answered(Do look through previous pages before posting queries)
2) Try to restrict queries to JBIMS and anything related to admissions at JBIMS, there is a separate thread for CET prep. Plus if too many CET related doubts are asked here it will clutter the thread so please try to avoid it
3) Any CET related queries do PM us, we will try to drop into the CET thread as well from time to time.

Ask away then and all the best to all aspirants:cheerio::cheerio:

Do JBIMS accept scores other then Mh CET??

Hi,

Are the MAT(FEB) scores accepted for JBIMS this time?

Thnx in Advance.

Anshul verdia Says
Do JBIMS accept scores other then Mh CET??

Last year only CAT scores were accepted other than Mh-CET and that was in case you applied thro OMS category.
http://www.dte.org.in/mba/StaticPages/Default.aspx

The DTE site will give you more details regarding the exams being accepted this year. Do check the link and DTE website for further details.
Hi,

Are the MAT(FEB) scores accepted for JBIMS this time?

Thnx in Advance.

Last year it was not accepted(only MH-CET and Feb MAT). Do check DTE website for further details on this though i doubt it will be accepted this year. They will update the site with all the necessary info in the next few weeks in the run up to CET .
thagudu Says
Last year it was not accepted(only MH-CET and Feb MAT). Do check DTE website for further details on this though i doubt it will be accepted this year. They will update the site with all the necessary info in the next few weeks in the run up to CET .

me an oms candidate .my queries
1 no of seats for oms in jb..
2 what has been cutoff for last 3 years for oms wrt to jb
3 will cutoff go down for oms if only cat score is accepted as many with 99.9x percentile will convert iim calls also
4whats the 2 year fees at jb including everything
5 is hostel facility available for oms candidates...
thanks
me an oms candidate .my queries
1 no of seats for oms in jb..
2 what has been cutoff for last 3 years for oms wrt to jb
3 will cutoff go down for oms if only cat score is accepted as many with 99.9x percentile will convert iim calls also
4whats the 2 year fees at jb including everything
5 is hostel facility available for oms candidates...
thanks

1. 18 seats
2. last year 187, year before that it was 188 for OMS candidates
3. Cut offs will not go down as people scoring through CET will get 99.5+ percentile. So if the people having 99.9X percentile do not apply, only CET candidates will get the seats.
4. Tuition fee is 2 lac for two years.
5. Hostel is available for OMS candidates.
1. 18 seats
3. Cut offs will not go down as people scoring through CET will get 99.5+ percentile. So if the people having 99.9X percentile do not apply, only CET candidates will get the seats.

and what about hostel charges.just for sake of information.........
visioniim Says
and what about hostel charges.just for sake of information.........

It is very nominal buddy.. not even one month rent for 1BHK in Mumbai.. forget about these things and concentrate on the exam preparation..

is it possible to apply to JBIMS now? I went on the website, but could not find anything related to the applications. BTW, i would be applying through CAT (that is if they take CAT scores this year)

1. 18 seats

coming under top-18 is tough..really tough!

what strategies to be followed...??...you have cracked it..so it will be very grateful of you,if you can give us some tips....

thanks in advance.....
thagudu Says

I think they accepted MHCET n CAT scores only....n not MAT-FEB !!!!! Seems like u posted in a bit hurry ?
ashishtiwari1 Says
is it possible to apply to JBIMS now? I went on the website, but could not find anything related to the applications. BTW, i would be applying through CAT (that is if they take CAT scores this year)

even if you apply through CAT, you will have to buy CET form and there mention your choice as application through CAT. There is no separate application for JBIMS since it is a centralized process. You can lookup the application dates on the dte website.http://dte.org.in/mba/StaticPages/Default.aspx

EDIT : Got all d answers ;)

http://www.dte.org.in/mba/StaticPages/frmFAQ.aspx

TC ATB

coming under top-18 is tough..really tough!

what strategies to be followed...??...you have cracked it..so it will be very grateful of you,if you can give us some tips....

thanks in advance.....

CET requires speed and accuracy.. for more tips you can check out the following link.. MAH-CET 2011: Toppers tell you how to crack the exam | MBAUniverse.com
Guys pls confirm if they have released the "Application Procedure" yet or not. coz i cudnt see it on their website & i just want to confirm whether we can apply through FEB MAT or not ths time.

If any seniors are here from JBIMS...request them to let us know....as this shall be of gr8 help. Thanks.

The Sale of Information Brochure and Application Kit will start from 3rd Week of January 2011

JBIMS no longer takes MAT scores..

A Question PUYS......

Suppose sum1 outside Maharashtra State scores 99.99%ile in CET and He does not have any work experience...but he does good in GD PI.....in that case will he be able to get into JBIMS???or sum1 scoring 99.99ile with work exp will be given importance????plzzzz let me know that...

And one more thing is that if the guy's 10th score is 81.75%ile , +2 score is 63.5%ile and graduation score is 73.6%ile.......just let me know that...

A Question PUYS......

Suppose sum1 outside Maharashtra State scores 99.99%ile in CET and He does not have any work experience...but he does good in GD PI.....in that case will he be able to get into JBIMS???or sum1 scoring 99.99ile with work exp will be given importance????plzzzz let me know that...

And one more thing is that if the guy's 10th score is 81.75%ile , +2 score is 63.5%ile and graduation score is 73.6%ile.......just let me know that...

maximum of 2 marks are given for work experience in the total of 240.
Similarly for acads, 2 marks are for 10th and 2 for 12th.
If you get good scores in gd/pi and written, then these scores do not matter much.. (though every mark does make a difference when there are only 120 seats.. )

Count me in