JBIMS 2008 Open Category aspirants Maharashtra State...(Non Mumbai)

Hi puys, Welcome to this thread… I have opened this thread explicitly for Maharashtra…(Non Mumbai) students so that we will get a clear picture of who stands where… Pl post ur marks and percentile alongwith the university to which u bel…

Hi puys,

Welcome to this thread... I have opened this thread explicitly for Maharashtra...(Non Mumbai) students so that we will get a clear picture of who stands where... Pl post ur marks and percentile alongwith the university to which u belong...

Starting with myself... My details are:

Name: Rajiv Chaudhari
Marks: 140
Percentile: 99.57
University: Pune
Work ex: 1.5 yrs TCS Mumbai

hope to get JBIMS.....

Cheers,

Rajiv

my score...136...99.28...shivaji university.....why am i even posting it:sarcasm:

Hi..
My score is 145 (99.80 percentile)..

PAR score should be 5/6 .

(I've heard they give the work ex marks only to those companies which are listed @ BSE/NSE.. I work @ IBM which is not listed at either of the 2.In that case my PAR would be 4).

Guys please mention if u'd opt for JBIMS or have any other converts which u'd be opting for even in the case you get JB.

Cheers.
Chinmay..

hi puys!!!!!!

I have scored 111 comes arnd 93% and hence i'm sure that lookin for first 5 colleges would be a stupid thing to do!!
but are there any chances tht i will get into PUMBA(i'm a Pune university graduate)??:sarcasm:
also do tell me whether it's a good idea to leave a MNC and join PUMBA(in Finance) if i do get a seat?
Waiting for replies!

You never Fail...it just means that you didn't succeed! :thumbsup:

Hi I have got very less score in CET but have got score of 99.62 in Feb MAT(chose esp. for MHCET)..

Don't know what will score be..

Got a friend with score of 99.93 in MAT, still doubtful about JBIMS

Hi,
150 + 4 or 5 here...
Any pointers for GDPI prep?

hey here is the official dte pages for cap round one as well as 2....this list is for all colleges in maharashtra...for all category of students....this will benefit all wanting to join jbims......all the best:grin:

no one putting the scores?

Come on PuYs please post your scores here...!!! This will give us an idea where do we stand...

Ok here goes.

CET : 137 ( 99.36%TILE)
PAR: 3/6
Candidature : Pune Univ Open

Was hoping for JB, but after reading on PG , i think its an exercise in futility :(

Or maybe it IS possible if have an AMAZING GDPI 33/34 and luck favours me BIG time...who knows !!! finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that JB is pretty much outta question

Hi,
150 + 4 or 5 here...
Any pointers for GDPI prep?

A score of 150 should make you proud, congrats!

For GD - Stay calm, have good points, don't enter/start for the sake of it. Read up on current affairs in newspapers/magazines. Look towards everyone while speaking and most important - practise a lot.

For PI - Know everything about yourself (your background, why you did what you have done in you life until now). Imp q - why MBA? If you have work-ex, then they might ask you about it (how it will help you in your MBA etc.) If not, they might quiz you on your graduation. Appear confident, stay firm on your answers and views and don't stress out on seemingly probing/ridiculing questions.

All the best.

Cheers,

Himanshu

what do all puys in this category think abt the cutoffs for jb....

Gave Feb MAT .... Got 99.98....
Gave MH-CET... got 142... 99.69....
Am a fresher.... so PAR is 3/6....
Did all this only fr JB....
Bt nw got thru XLRI....

I dnt think I'll come all the way to Maharashtra now fr GD/PI....
Shld I appear or jst let it be nw ??

I'm a fresher
Have got 99.93 in Feb MAT and I think it comes out to be 151.
Have 4/6 in PAR...
So its tough to get into JB but SIMSREE, SIMSR seems a possibility...
What say PUYS??

Gave Feb MAT .... Got 99.98....
Gave MH-CET... got 142... 99.69....
Am a fresher.... so PAR is 3/6....
Did all this only fr JB....
Bt nw got thru XLRI....

I dnt think I'll come all the way to Maharashtra now fr GD/PI....
Shld I appear or jst let it be nw ??

Well don't be disheartened yet...Agreed Bajaj looks like a lost cause but give it your all in the GD/PI....with a smashing score, you might just have a slight chance, but u'll have to get very high scores in both GD and PI...but then again its your choice...as in Bajaj vs XL....take your call....all the best for the future....

I'm a fresher
Have got 99.93 in Feb MAT and I think it comes out to be 151.
Have 4/6 in PAR...
So its tough to get into JB but SIMSREE, SIMSR seems a possibility...
What say PUYS??

with a score of 151, you stand a decent chance...work hard on your speaking skills for the GD and prepare well for the interview...you might just be in with a chance for Bajaj....

Hi Himanshu,Nonchalant

I am an open category Pune university student with 20 months work-ex in TCS...

I have a percentile of 99.57 %..

Do you think i have a realistic chance to get through JB ?
If we assume the cutoff to be 176 (i have 140) i need 36/40 out of which i have 5/6 PAR... so i need 31/34 in GD/PI...which seems DOable...
All this exists if my assumption of 176 is correct....

CAn you please let me know 2 things :
1> How much will be the cut-offs for this year acc. to you?
2> Do i have a realistic chance ?

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Himanshu,Nonchalant

I am an open category Pune university student with 20 months work-ex in TCS...

I have a percentile of 99.57 %..

Do you think i have a realistic chance to get through JB ?
If we assume the cutoff to be 176 (i have 140) i need 36/40 out of which i have 5/6 PAR... so i need 31/34 in GD/PI...which seems DOable...
All this exists if my assumption of 176 is correct....

CAn you please let me know 2 things :
1> How much will be the cut-offs for this year acc. to you?
2> Do i have a realistic chance ?

Regards
Rajiv

Well honestly, its difficult as you never exactly know how many people are above you and hence a cut off of 176 might not be accurate...but not impossible...so work very hard for gd/pi and try to get 31+ and then hope for the best...you might just sneak in...all the best
palaksood Says
Well honestly, its difficult as you never exactly know how many people are above you and hence a cut off of 176 might not be accurate...but not impossible...so work very hard for gd/pi and try to get 31+ and then hope for the best...you might just sneak in...all the best

Hi Nonchalant

Thanks for your quick response !!!

What was the percentile in written test of the last person to get it last year ?

I am asking this just to see if i can convert...

I had given CET for the 1st time last year..had got 99.32..and had just missed JB as i coped up well in gd/pi...

So, giving by my personal exp. i thought that i had a good chance...i am in a pickle now... :(

Any ways can you please confirm the percentile in written test of the last person to get it last year ?

Regards
Rajiv

Puys please put queries regarding cutoffs in respective threads.. Mods please direct them to concerned threads.