JBIMS 2007 Aspirants!!! Post your queries here...

Hi friends, Starting this thread specially for ppl aspiring to get into the prestigious Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. Please post all your doubts and queries here…

Hi friends,

Starting this thread specially for ppl aspiring to get into the prestigious Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.

Please post all your doubts and queries here....

I came to know that there were no questions from geometry
in the quants section of CET 2006. can it be taken for granted?
Any idea about the earlier question patterns?
i understand usually there are lot of questons from TSD, P & L,
Percentages... So is it possible to do in selective study in terms
of the Quants section?

hi ..

Does JB consider any other score than CET...

Pls help me clearing my doubt

Thanks!!!

hi ..

Thanks!!!

No JB consider score of CET,XAT,ATMA,JMET,MAT
hi ..

Thanks!!!

actuallly JB does not consider ne other score exept MAH-CET...

but in Mah-CET if ur an OMS (outside maharashtra student) catergory then u can submit scores of ne of the 5 all india level exam like CAT,XAT,MAT JMET etc..

as its easier to score better in MAT as compared to CET.. ppl give MAT and give their MAT scores insted of CET scores.... but then , this facility is only for OMS ppl and not ne other category...

u also have an option of appearing for CET exam and givin MAT exam... then ur highest score will be considered...

hope tht clarifies ur doubt..

abhi..

but in Mah-CET if ur an OMS (outside maharashtra student) catergory then u can submit scores of ne of the 5 all india level exam like CAT,XAT,MAT JMET etc..

as its easier to score better in MAT as compared to CET.. ppl give MAT and give their MAT scores insted of CET scores.... but then , this facility is only for OMS ppl and not ne other category...

u also have an option of appearing for CET exam and givin MAT exam... then ur highest score will be considered...

abhi..

Hey dear are you sure.
pls if possible give me the link where this information is given.

hey friends..
thank you for your inputs.
:)

abhi..

This year they have not yet came out with the notification regarding accepting other exam scores for oms

first wait for that they do any sort of speculation
Hey dear are you sure.
pls if possible give me the link where this information is given.

well im very sure of wat i have written in the post...

for the past 3 yrs atleast tht has been the way DTE conducts Mh-CET.....
so considering tht.. it shud happen the same way this yr 2...

but ya ofcourse there are chances tht it might change.... so u better be prepared... and ur advised to use ur own discretion in the matter of deciding....

best of luck..

abhi..
This year they have not yet came out with the notification regarding accepting other exam scores for oms

first wait for that they do any sort of speculation

thts very true my dear frnd... but considering tht it has been tht way for the past yrs.... v can safely conclude tht it vil remain the same this yr 2...

but ya ofcourse there are chances tht it might change.... so u better be prepared...

and ur advised to use ur own discretion in the matter of deciding....
but i vil tel u wat.. its worth tht much of risk and the most imp thing is tht.... for those ppl who already know it for a fact..... they score in SEP and DEC MAT where the student poplation is less and hence get an advantage compared to those appearin in FEB and MAY...

u have al the right to make ur own choice...
others can only give advice... and i guess ur much more experienced with this stuff..

hope tht clarifies the issue...

al the best
abhi..

nice to see this thread exclusively for JBIMS hope we have great time.:)

I would like to know if any of the 0MS candidates in JBIMS this year have got through not because of their Mh CET score but due to their scores in CAT / XAT / JMET / ATMA / MAT

Thanx
~ Gulshan

P.S. : Please do mention through which exam you got through and the percentile you scored

I would like to know if any of the 0MS candidates in JBIMS this year have got through not because of their Mh CET score but due to their scores in CAT / XAT / JMET / ATMA / MAT

Thanx
~ Gulshan

P.S. : Please do mention through which exam you got through and the percentile you scored

as far as i know.... atleast 15/18 OMs students get into JB thro MAT...

i dont think there is ne 1 who gets in thro CET.. even f they do.. its gotta be mere 1 or 2 at max...

mostly all get thro MAT scores... this is for sure... i myself know a couple of ppl in 2006-08 batch who got thro MAT....

so dont worry bout tht... unless the DTE changes the facility of OMS students.. which is very UNLIKELY to happen...

hope tht helps...

abhi..

Can anyone tell me what was the cutoff last year in MAT score for JB?

hey anuone From CAT score Into JBIMS.
Pls give us his/her score .

swapnilpatil147 Says
Can anyone tell me what was the cutoff last year in MAT score for JB?

its not the score but the percentile tth is considered.....

last yr the cut-off was arnd 99.93-99.94 %ile.....

but jus to warn u... in MAT... u can get 800/800 score.. but percentile can vary frm 99.90 to 99.99 witht the same score... so u better concentrate on percentile.. and not score...

and this percentile is fixed.. it dosent matter tht u get this %ile in MAT or CAT or CET os ne other exam.... so whichever the exam u give... try to get a minimum 99.94 %ile..... the higher the better... to be on the safe side.. try to get arnd 99.97 +.....

i know its not easy... infact very difficult.. but then JB is worth it..

hope th helps..
abhi..
hey anuone From CAT score Into JBIMS.
Pls give us his/her score .

plz read my post above this 1......

its not the score but the percentile tth is considered.. so u try n get a 99.95 + %ile in ne exam... let it be MAT or CAT or CET or watever....

abhi..

hey guys, can anyone tell what was the cutoff for JB last year,
sorry guys , but this is the first year i am trying for B-schools, and dont have any knowledge about it.

hey guys, can anyone tell what was the cutoff for JB last year,
sorry guys , but this is the first year i am trying for B-schools, and dont have any knowledge about it.

last yr JB cut-off was 184/240....

abhi..