Ivey Mba 2008

Hi all, I have been thoroughly researching 1 year MBAs around the world and have decided to apply to 5-6. These schools - in order of preference - are Ivey-UWO, Judge-Cambridge, Said-Oxford, INSEAD, Instituto de Empresa and ISB. There are lots of …

Hi all, I have been thoroughly researching 1 year MBAs around the world and have decided to apply to 5-6. These schools - in order of preference - are Ivey-UWO, Judge-Cambridge, Said-Oxford, INSEAD, Instituto de Empresa and ISB. There are lots of threads for the last 5 but Ivey threads are scarce. So why Ivey?

1 year MBA
Case study method (I love this approach)
Excellent job prospects in Management Consulting (my future career choice)
Good value for money
Excellent reputation in Canada and increasing presence in Asia and Latin America.
Consistently ranked in the top 30 programs globally
Small class size (more contact with professors and students)
London, Ontario is small enough to provide a strong learning environment, and very close to Toronto and Detroit.

I posted a brief personal background on the "introduce yourself" thread. However I would like to post a more detailed profile for some smart and honest feedback from my Pagalguy friends.

Peruvian citizen, 31 years old.
Academic background
BVSc and Licenciado in Veterinary Medicine from Universidad Mayor (Chile). This university is ranked top 3 nationwide among private institutions. Got a 5.5 out of 7 (3.16 GPA), Top 10% of my class (140 students)

Diploma in Financial Administration from ITESM (Mexico). ITESM is the leading business school in Latin America. Got 95 out of 100.

MSc in Development Studies from Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand). Awarded a full NZAID Scholarship (Govt. of NZ, only 10 scholarships for the whole Latin American & Caribean Region) :). Got an A- final grade (A+ highest).

MSc in Political Science - Public Policy track at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP). PUCP is the top Peruvian university. Finished coursework, already working on my thesis. Degree completion expected July 2007. Graded 14 out of 20, very good marks form Peruvian standards. Studied while working PT and FT.

Additional qualifications

Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development from Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDIIndia), Ahmedabad, India. Awarded a full ITEC Scholarhip (Govt. of India) :). Stayed for 2 months and visited Dehli, Mumbai, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Agra (Taj Mahal can only be compared with Macchu Picchu!).

Other small certificates in bovine biotechnology and stock markets (yeah, sure, I love diversity!)

Work experience

Currently working for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) as an Avian Influenza Project Consultant for the Andean Region (Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela and Peru). 1 year assignment

Short term consultant (2 weeks) for the World Bank. Reviewed, amended and submitted a US$19.4 MM project on behalf of the Peruvian Trust Fund for National Parks and Protected Areas (PROFONANPE) towards the creation of the new Peruvian System of Natural Protected Areas.

Consultant for the Global Environment Facility (GEF). Developed a US$1.95 MM project in environmental financing on behalf of the Latin American & Caribbean Network of Environmental Funds (RedLAC) (4 months + 2 months follow up).

English and Spanish teacher for Berlitz and British-Peruvian Cultural Assoc. Taught at Diplomatic Academy of Peru, Embassy of Canada and top companies in Peru. (1.5 years). This was a harsh period, I was underemployed - no jobs in Peru during those years. However I feel very proud cuz I performed at the highest level and was permanently ranked as best teacher by customer feedback.

Research Assistant for an Inter-American Development Bank project in Risk Disaster Management. 6 months.

CARE (Not for profit global institution), Consultant (6 months) for a Livestock Development project in rural Peru. Developed an artificial insemination strategy to improve dairy production of peasants.

Relevant Internship
Embassy of Peru to New Zealand, Foreign and Development Policy Analyst (1 year). Prepared fortnight foreign policy papers submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru about New Zealand and Pacific Island States issues. Provided direct advise to the ambassador on a wide range of topics.

I scored 8/9 on the Academic IELTS (270+ TOEFL?)

Have never taken the GMAT, will do so in August and October (if first score is pathetic). I believe my score(s) will range from 550 to 650. I dont expect more (worst case scenario, consider a 550 GMAT).

I will get amazing references (one from a client, another from a supervisor)

Most of my professional experience has been as a project consultant. I have visited, studied and worked in countries/regions such as Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, US, Europe, India and New Zealand.

Please be very objective in your views. I truly appeciate the time you have spent in going through and assessing my MBA admissions chances. Shukrya very much! and, of course, I will keep posting Ivey MBA comments. best regards from Peru

Vajk:grab:

Woh that's some profile :shocked: :shocked:

Mridul

I forgot to add some important info:

University Lecturer at Universidad San Martin de Porres, Lima since August 2006 up to date. I teach a social science course entitled "National Reality" for engineering undergrad students. My course was assessed as outstanding by the universitys academic office and will become a core course in March 2007.

University Tutor at Victoria University of Wellington, NZ. I tutored geography and social science students in the course "Development in the Asia-Pacific Basin". Taught social development issues with a focus on APEC Latin American countries.

Why MBA? Because I want to have increased choice in my career direction. Additionally, I want to frame up my previous experience and skills with a practical degree. Business development and top-notch management skills are critical for the promotion of social, economic, political, environmental and even cultural development of nations. Of course, this is a very (I mean very) brief and simple statement but it basically contains my main motivations.

Hope to find replies very soon. Thank you!

Absolutely fab profile.......

Woh that's some profile :shocked: :shocked:

Mridul

Dear Baby, your comment is very flattering. Thank you!
Anurag83 Says
Absolutely fab profile.......

:) this kind of comments make me feel more confident on gaining admission. Thank you Anurag!

Dear All:

By the time I start writing this post, most of you will be sleepling on the other side of the world. Although my thread is a young one, I hope soon many if you will join me.

Ive been surfing this website for the past 3 days and am amazed by the number of members it has; more than 100,000!! Of course, India has a wooping pop. of almost 1.1 billion while in Peru we sum aprox. 28 million. We all must give credit to the founders of this excellent site as it gives as the opportunity to share our struggles and aspirations towards gaining admission at our B-School(s) of choice. Who knows, maybe Ill also develop some friendships in the near future.

Getting into more "technical" aspects, Ive noticed that most Indian students place a strong preference over MBA programs in the US, followed by European, Asian, Asia-Pacific and Canadian programs. I guess this trend is based on the following reasons:

1. Given that most apps. are young (below 28 and most havent studied at postgraduate level (no MSc, MA, MPP, MPA, etc degrees), the 2 year format of US b-schools suits them best.

2. The US culture has a very powerful influence over Indian youth. I personally witnessed this while spending some time visiting India last year. Its not only Harvard, Stanford, Wharton or other big namesappeal but also its music, food (McDonalds rest. where always full!!!), modernity and, above all, the promise this country delivers to make dreams come true. With no intention to generalize, Indians hold strong to faith, hope and dreams, being love their bonding element. I confirmed this talking to my Indian mates, watching their movies (Swades my fave movie and Saawariya my fave song!), attending their religious ceremonies and historical places among other activities. Many Indians look at the US as the place to be and let me tell you that in Peru it is exactly the same. I dont want to further expand on this issue as it gives me plenty of elements to write endless essays but I think the US appeal is, by far, the strongest of any other country over India.

However, if we look beyond the US, we will be able to find excellent schools that offer a great education and an amazing personal experience. I have been lucky enough to visit many countries and have found that all of them offer unique and special experiences. Great schools can be found in the UK, France, Spain and the Netherlands to mention a few. Asia can feel proud of schools like CEIBS, the IIMs, ISB and AIM while Australia hosts names such as MSB and AGSM. Even in Latin America we have excellent institutions such as INCAE, ITESM, IPADE, ESAN and COPPEAD. My point is that diversity is much stronger than the US centric view of the world and that we should delve deeper into this diversity.

Right now, I am targeting 6 schools though I think I will end up applying to 4 or 5 at most. At this point of my app. strategy, the Richard Ivey School of Business at UWO tops my personal list. I will also apply to Cambridge and Oxford for sure while INSEAD, IE, ISB-Hyderabad and Cranfield remain in the pool.

Specifically, I am looking for

1. 1 year program
2. Small size (INSEAD and ISB ara at disadvantage here)
3. Teaching approach (Iveys case method rules)
4. Costs (ISB has a very clear lead)
5. Salary and placement stats in Mgmt Consulting and/or Multilateral Orgs. (WB, IADB, WEF, UN, etc).
6. Global reputation
6. Location not really an issue.

Based on the abovementioned criteria, Ivey gets the best average followed by Cambridge and Oxford. INSEAD is a great brand with excellent job prospects but its student numbers are way too large. To a lesser extent, ISB shares these features but besides being too large it has a very low number of intl. students. IE is settled in Spain so, already having a strong Spanish heritage in my country, it doesnt catch my attention that much. Cranfield is a strong school but I am firmly convinced that the names dominating the UK MBA scene in the future will be LBS, Cambridge and Oxford.

There are robust threads for all these schools except for Ivey, IE and Cranfield. I will focus my efforts on Ivey, Cambridge and Oxford so everybody sharing these preferences is welcome to attend this thread. I ask you to spend some time reading my profile for honest feedback about my admission chances. Thank you in advance for your attention and I look forward to welcome you to the Ivey (Cambridge and Oxford) MBA 2008 thread.

Best regards from Lima, Peru

The Peruvian Guru

Hi all, I have been thoroughly researching
assignmentVajk:grab:

Reading your profile has just caused me to GREATLY reexamine my life. You have probably one of the most interesting profiles I have ever seen. period!

Man. You are going to get a lot of such replies. And as for the guy who started this website- he is in Wharton! 😃
Reading your profile has just caused me to GREATLY reexamine my life. You have probably one of the most interesting profiles I have ever seen. period!

Man. You are going to get a lot of such replies. And as for the guy who started this website- he is in Wharton! :)

Dear Goldberg:

Sometimes we are not aware of the real power of words. When I joined this website I was only expecting to find more information and some relieve from the MBA application stress. I guess that - from time to time - we all need some reassurance from our friends, co-workers, partners et al even if we hold confidence in our life, when faced to stiff and harsh competition. I dont know of any other degree with such competition towards gaining admission as MBA programs. Not even PhD degrees!!! (ok, SIPAs PhD in Sustainable Development at Columbia University is one of the few exceptions....). So getting back to the point, posting my profile was a matter of finding some support and reassurance that I would make a good candidate for my preferred B-schools. But now I find a post like yours which also makes me think a lot about many things. Telling me that you will greatly reexamine your life just by scanning my profile delivers such an incredibly powerful message. I can only take your words with humbleness and gratitude and wish you success in finding answers to all your questions. Regarding the person who created this website, I dont know him and maybe never will, but he has already achieved a priceless goal that not even Wharton could have given him: the gratitude and recognition of 100,000+ individuals who can exchange information, overcome their failures and share their dreams. So dream big my friend and work harder than ever to make those dreams come true. Surely I am doing so now! Warm regards from Peru.

Vajk :razz:

What to say !!!
One Awesome profile :wow: and a real good thread.
Man i am getting jitters just reading your profile jokes apart, you stand a good chance of making to all the schools you have mentioned, i feel it should be a matter of cake walk to you

And you made a real good point about folks choosing US as there dream destination when there are plenty of schools around the world which offers more diversity.

And i dont consider myself to be a good enough to comment on your profile, there are plenty of folks around in PagalGuy with truck load of experience tuck under there belly 😃 and hope soon you will get loads of replies from those expert pagals .

And one more important point even Swades is my all time favourite movie and for a change i liked Sharukh in that movie .

Shelin
:)

Dear Shelin:

Thx for the post. Diversity is very important when choosing an MBA but US schools still have an edge over most intl. competitors. HBS endowment is 2.1 billion!!! thats one fourth of Bolivias GDP.... Anyways, large budgets allow for better facilities, professors and stronger marketing strategies. Still, schools need not to have galactic budgets to remain on top. Other factors such as location, student composition, length of program, corporate connections, age range and the large list of etceteras come into consideration too. I have a feeling for Ivey; when the MBA fair took place in Lima in Oct. last year, I visited many b-schools stands, from INSEAD to AGSM but no one gave me the information Ivey did. I must also confess that the lady in charge of Iveys stand was so damn HOT!!! lol Jokes apart, the Cross Enterprise Leadership concept recently launched by Ivey is very well thought and applied. It seems to be another buzzword that will dissapear with time but I believe facts will prove the opposite. And business education, due to the fast paced intl. environment, will run faster. I dont expect all 2 year b-schools to reduce their length to 1 year but I am pretty sure most of them will reduce their length by some months. It is simple common sense; 2 years is way too much time in terms of costs (all of them) and aggregate information flow to stay away from the real world. Cambridge and Oxford are also very appealing; those two universities have shaped the worlds history in ways no other schools - not even US ones - have. Harvard is starting to seduce me though I first must confirm it is only an 18m program. If not, bye US!

So you also enjoyed Swades uh? very cool movie but very long too!!! Well, all Indian movies are long with lots of music. I liked Gayatri Yoshi but Chikku was quite annoying.... mmmm... still, a very nice try to change Indians mentality. Other movies I have watched are Lagaan (good one), Lakshya (with Hitrik Roshan, hope it is well spelled), Hum Tum (boooooring), Kal Hoo Na Ho (again Sharuk starring, so so but the lead song is catchy), Moohbathein (boring), Family (so so), and many more. Favorite songs are Chupke Se, Soniye!!, Aasheeq Banaaya (disco beat so cool, had a blast at Insomnia disco at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai!!! and they also played GASOLINA, reggaeton music which rules in this part of the world), Dil hi dil mein, bole chudiyan, chaiya chaiya and another very long list of etceteras. I have 500+ Indian songs in my hard disk which I downloaded from my Indian friends in NZ and in Ahmedabad while attending EDIIndias program). So yes, alll of you can see that I love Indian culture.

Well, another detour from the threads main topic but who cares!!! have a great weekend,

bye

Vajk

I am also game for diversity buddy. That's what differentiates different schools and on top of that provides a great learning platform and social networking.
One great thing is that you have researched a lot on the MBA programs on anvil which is a must for choosing the right program.
I have never attended a MBA fair, but will try to attend one if at all something comes up in charlotte,US where i am put up currently.
One small suggestion for you is that even IIM's have started a one year MBA program (IIM ahmadabad and IIM Calcutta to be specific), you can consider them also as IIMs are also world class MBA colleges.

The college I am interested and always had been my dream destination is Insead , but strangely they dont take too much of Information Technology bandwagon of which i am also a part of 😞
The second reason is that i am also on lookout for one year MBA programs which will allow me to change my career path form IT to consulting.

Man you have watched so many Hindi movies and have judged them well too. Your judgment of the movies listed above goes hand in hand with my opinion about them, which is great given that you are new to indian movies .
And about reggae ton, I have started listening to it recently and i am already a big fan of that genre. It combines hip-hop with superb music and video albums are filled with hot-chicks

And your thread goes way lot in showing your affection towards Indian culture

And its good to take a detour from the topic once in a while buddy, which helps in getting to know people around the community 😃

Keep on posting buddy as it is interesting to know about somebody who is having an awesome profile and also loves Indian culture

Shelin

Hey Shelin! 125am here in Lima and ready to go to bed after this post. So you like reggaeton uh? dude, get these songs: Mirala Bien, Pam Pam, Llame pa verte, Rakata and Pegao (Wisin y Yandel), Conteo and Ella y yo (Don Omar), Caile and Maximo (Tito el bambino), El tren (Yaga y Mackie), atrevete te-te and chulin culin cunflai (Calle 13). All of them have very silly lyrics (all in Spanish, never mind) but a catchy rythm.

If Insead is your dream school why not give it a try? its true many Indian apps. have an IT background but not so many are working in the US! my piece of advise would be to get involved in Extra Curricular activities (volunteering) and trying some unique hobbies. Needless to say, a very strong GMAT could put you on the right way. Have you checked out Ivey? this is my favorite program so far, closely followed by Oxbridge. Howvwer, I dont know how will you feel about moving from the US to Canada. Ive never been to Charlotte but NC doesnt seem to be one of the most exciting places in the US (maybe I am wrong). Ive visited Washington DC (I love that city, you can smell power everywhere!), Minneapolis (cool lakes and greenery), Denver (Mile High City, my cousins and a former girlfriend live there) and Miami (its ok but weather sucks). London, ON may not be the best city but Iveys MBA might be worth living there (only 12 months). If you are aiming at mgmt consulting, Ivey is one of the top ten schools worldwide for this field. All the top consulting firms hire on campus and a healthy share of students takes that career path (alongside with finance and ibanking). Cambridge and Oxford are also worth checking out. Both are young programs but I can guarantee that their sole name will open doors ANYWHERE! At the end, the school you choose to attend wont make you. It is only you who will build a reputation for yourself. So if you decide to go global, check out Ivey, Judge and Said. And Insead too!

You are right, I am very fond of Indian culture. Not only its music and movies but also its food and , above all, its people. In my opinion, some social issues still must be adressed (such as the caste system) in order to boost Indias development but Shri Manmoohan SIngh is doing pretty well so far. Just came into my mind the time I spent visiting the Parliament (lok sabha), Rastrapathi Bhawan (presidential house) and India Gate in Dehli. I will definitely return to India at some stage of my life. You are most welcome to visit Peru! and this invitation is extensive to all my Indian friends. Ok, time to go to bed! zzzzzzz

cheers

Vajk

On a quick note, I am posting a link (acrobat reader required) to America Economia`s MBA rankings for 2005. This ranking is based on B-schools perceived to be the best in our region. Hope you find this link useful. greetings

Vajk :grab:

http://www.americaeconomia.com/newsletter/imagenes/globalmba2005.pdf

Hey Vajk, I do want to get into volunteering, but just not for the sake of MBA applications, it should be for the betterment of the community you live in and also improving you as a person of character:) .
Anyways getting to do a community service in a different country other than your own is pretty difficult as people don't trust you with your intentions always( i might be wrong but that is how i feel) .:(
Anyways i am trying to get hold of some community stuff in Charlotte, but not found success till now.:(
And yeah north Carolina is definitely not among the most exciting places in US, Charlotte is the biggest city in north Carolina but finding activities to do in this city is difficult.
Nightlife on weekends are good but still cant compare this with any other major cities in US like NY,Chicago etc etc...

And man what to say about Indian food, nothing comes even close for me in terms of Indian food...
spicylacious and delicious....and pretty hot like Indian chicks ...

And i will certainly try for Instead as it is my dream school, but after your post i checked out Ivy also and seems to be pretty good. Some more good schools are Rotterdam, Netherlands and IMD Switzerland
But one more important decision which will affect my selection of a school is that i want to work in India as it is a growing economy and offers lot of opportunities for everybody but on top of that i simply love my country to be too far from it

And as you said , the school name will affect only a certain aspect of your career, rest depends on your character and how big you can dream and how far you can go to achieve that
I would love to visit Peru man, as i am fond of travelling and love to learn more about different cultures and meeting new people.
Maybe sometime in the future will try to make a trip down south 😃

and yeah thanks for the reggeton suggestions...will certainly listen to that

shelin

Hola Peruvian Guru!

i am not sure if you know this already but many are put off by INSEAD's high count of participants published in most rankings (~900). However you must be also take note that this includes admits to both Jan and Sep session.

Effectively one session (say Jan) will only have about 450 students. This is further split into two campuses, one at singapore and other at fonty. The split being ~300 at france and ~150 at singapore.

If the large class size bothers you then you have the option of enrolling to singapore campus (~150 participants), which i believe would be smallest of any leading biz school.

Hey Vajk, I do want to get into volunteering, but just not for the sake of MBA applications, it should be for the betterment of the community you live in and also improving you as a person of character:) .
Anyways getting to do a community service in a different country other than your own is pretty difficult as people don't trust you with your intentions always( i might be wrong but that is how i feel) .:(
Anyways i am trying to get hold of some community stuff in Charlotte, but not found success till now.:(
And yeah north Carolina is definitely not among the most exciting places in US, Charlotte is the biggest city in north Carolina but finding activities to do in this city is difficult.
Nightlife on weekends are good but still cant compare this with any other major cities in US like NY,Chicago etc etc...

And man what to say about Indian food, nothing comes even close for me in terms of Indian food...
spicylacious and delicious....and pretty hot like Indian chicks ...

And i will certainly try for Instead as it is my dream school, but after your post i checked out Ivy also and seems to be pretty good. Some more good schools are Rotterdam, Netherlands and IMD Switzerland
But one more important decision which will affect my selection of a school is that i want to work in India as it is a growing economy and offers lot of opportunities for everybody but on top of that i simply love my country to be too far from it

And as you said , the school name will affect only a certain aspect of your career, rest depends on your character and how big you can dream and how far you can go to achieve that
I would love to visit Peru man, as i am fond of travelling and love to learn more about different cultures and meeting new people.
Maybe sometime in the future will try to make a trip down south 😃

and yeah thanks for the reggeton suggestions...will certainly listen to that
shelin

Dear Shelin:

I hope by the time you read my reply youll have downloaded some beatin reggaeton. Volunteering is a must, not for the sake of getting into b-school but for the commitment privileged people like us should/must have to our countriesdevelopment. Both Peru and India are developing nations and I get - from our shared preference for Swades - that u want to positively influence the lifes of many in your country. Let me put it this way; I am convinced that - when played - the music and lyrics of Jana Gana Mana shake all your nerves in the foreign surroundings of NC. It happens exactly the same to me when I listen to "Somos Libres" (We are free), my national anthem. So, why does this happen? it reminds us of special places, family, "tradition and culture" - quoted from Swades, tastes, smells, social exclusion, suffering, happiness, loss, victory, hope, etc. In short, our music provides us a powerful sense of belonging. The places we belong to might be very different but they are - at the same time - very similar too. For instance, Indians speak Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati, English...and Peruvians speak Spanish, Quechua, Aymara....etc. Indians enjoy cricket and we enjoy soccer/football; your mouth gets wattery with paneer masala and mine with ceviche. But we both communicate, cheer for our national teams and enjoy tasty meals. However, poverty doesnt mind about citizenship. So you are aware of the extreme need and suffering of many underprivileged dalits just as I am of millions of peasants in the Andes. As individuals we may not be strong or influential enough (yet) to change the world (very cliche but I want to be concise) but we can start acquiring the feeling of helping others in less favoured conditions. Volunteering is such a great and fulfilling experience and the best thing about it is that there are endless ways to help. Through business, politics, arts, you name it we can positively influence the lifes of others. Since 1998, I have consistently been involved in volunteering work in different places and I can assure you that the smile of a gratefull Maori is as soul-enriching as that of a Peruvian living in a shanty town. My last personal project is "Santicucho Restaurant"; through a joint effort with my brother, we have invested in and setup a typical Peruvian fast food restaurant in a very impoverished peri-urban area of Lima. We will open it in 2 more weeks and are pretty confident we will succeed. Are we aiming to be profitable? of course!!!! Do we want our business to be sustainable? yes!!!! Do we like money? you bet we do! BUT we also aim to provide decent jobs to people (four very close friends of us who make US$200 a month will now make US$250 working for and with us), we want our restaurant to set the standards in food health and management (poverty isnt a synonym of dirt!), we will work our a.... to ensure 95% customer satisfaction. In short, we want our restaurant to be a positive force for community development and an example of best practices in all the abovementioned elements. I have spent the last two years of my life visiting "Villa Maria del Triunfo" (VMT), one of the poorest and most "dangerous" districts of Lima, on a very regular basis (in fact, every single weekend, from Friday to Sunday). If guided by standard investement risk assessments we would never have put our money to work there. However, through my two year experience in VMT, I learned about poverty in ways I would never have through Harvard textbooks and developed awesome friendships, sustained by mutual trust and respect. I also got to realize that "danger", be it thieves or violators, accounts for a very marginal percentage of its population (though one still must be carefull!!). So, after two years of empirical experience, I am very proud to see my first business open its doors; it may (still) be a very small business but it will provide financial security to 4 familes (US$50 income increment per month makes a HUGE difference, believe me) and strongly influence many more people. Economic issues have also been taken into account; our countrys economy is expected to grow 7.5% in 2007, so purchasing power will have an important raise. Wow, it has been a long reply but hope I made a point here. Yes my friend, go for volunteering, go make a difference. Take care

Vajk
Hola Peruvian Guru!

i am not sure if you know this already but many are put off by INSEAD's high count of participants published in most rankings (~900). However you must be also take note that this includes admits to both Jan and Sep session.

Effectively one session (say Jan) will only have about 450 students. This is further split into two campuses, one at singapore and other at fonty. The split being ~300 at france and ~150 at singapore.

If the large class size bothers you then you have the option of enrolling to singapore campus (~150 participants), which i believe would be smallest of any leading biz school.

Namasthe Nixbert!

Thx for your very informational post. If that is the case, then INSEAD will also be one of my confirmed targets. So right now, four schools are included in my yes or yes application list; Ivey, Oxbridge and INSEAD. I was playin with the idea of Harvard but have finally decided to apply to one year programs only. I will check out INSEADs thread soon. My 10 month strategy - Ill apply to all schools in October - is getting clearer, sharper and stronger. My main concern is the rightly demonised GMAT. I have never taken that test though will start to prepare for it next month until Sept. If I score 600-650 I will host Limas wildest party!!! Once more, thank you for your meaningful contribution. Best regards from Peru

Vajk, alias Peruvian Guru

Hola Peruvian,

Have you thought about IMD?? It too offers a 1yr programme and baccardisprite is an alumnus of the same.