It Happened again at IIFT Placements 2005

Well, I had the time of my life,seeing bigwigs of the corporate making SPOT OFFERS and COUNTER OFFERS to lap up the talent. For the uninitiated ones the spot offer is the one made right to the candidate in the interview and Counter Offer is one ma…

Well, I had the time of my life,seeing bigwigs of the corporate making SPOT OFFERS and COUNTER OFFERS to lap up the talent. For the uninitiated ones the spot offer is the one made right to the candidate in the interview and Counter Offer is one made by a higher slotted company to counter that.
:grab:
Placements are indeed awesome and soon I will be posting the figures in the post since I am at present sitting at the control desk,doing all compilation work to arrive the exact figure.
Its not even half a day and even lesser than half of the total slotted companies arrived and we are through with the process.
And as Arnie bhai said"I will be back",this time of course with the figures compiled and statistical results out.
Bye
Bhaskar Rana
MBA(IB) 2004-06

PLACEMENT SCENARIO: IIFT05
Someone very rightly said, Success often arrives on wings. It sure did and in fact it flashed past the IIFT MBA (IB) class of 2005 in a matter of just six hours. It was Placements 2005 and continuing on its track record, IIFT pulled all aces this year too. Such was the brilliance displayed by the students that they saw their placement dreams coming true in a niche of 27 top-notch companies.
IIFT, being one of the country's premier business schools, boasts of producing India's finest global business managers. With a 40-year strong brand image to its credit, IIFTians live up to the motto where excellence is the way of life. And this credo is further corroborated through the IIFTians holding eminent positions in organizations all around the globe.
In continuation with its long relationship with IIFT, ITC led the pack of recruiters and constituted the crme de la crme of the corporates on campus. The international recruiters OLAM, Backes & Strauss, Kuok Oil and Grains among the others accounted for 10% of the batch getting placed on overseas assignments. The day saw the big blue IBM as well the domestic conglomerate Aditya Birla Management Corporation in foray for the IIFT placements process. This was followed by the spate of IT companies which substantiated the gung-ho in the IT market emerging as the major recruiters for the day. The IT sector accounted for 30% of the job offers. And offers poured from the behemoths like Hewlett-Packard, Infosys, Wipro among others. The ease with which the placements were accomplished was aided by the fact that 20% of the batch had been placed through the lateral and the PPO channel. Pharma companies like Dr Reddys Laboratories, Lupin along with the FMCG and Trade majors like ITC, Cargill and Godrej actively participated in the process. Financial institutions like SBI, Power Finance Corporation; Energy giants like Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, GAIL and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited; Auto majors- Maruti, Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, and knowledge based firms like Pulsar Knowledge Center are among the companies that visited the campus this year.
The speed of the process was remarkable in the fact that the entire batch was placed in 6 hours flat, so that 38 companies of the 65 scheduled and slotted companies had to go back without recruits. The batch of 2005 has found its niche in a range of 27 companies.
But the real icing on the cake was the compensation package offered. The average pay package was Rs. 7.28 lakhs per annum. The highest pay packages for freshers amounted to 8.03 lakhs and that for the laterals to 9.5 lakhs. For those who feel the true measure of an institutes strength in placements is not the highest but rather the lowest salaries, it was 4.5 lakhs per annum.
Lateral Placements at IIFT this year were also excellent with a substantial chunk of the batch getting lateral offers from major companies like HP, RAMCO, BIRLASOFT, Infosys, Wipro clearly marking the confidence of the corporate world in the talent of IIFT.
The corporates who visited the campus were also happy with the caliber and quality of the candidates that they recruited. In the words of Mr.Knadvian, CEO, Backes & Strauss, The candidates are excellent and the whole activity was very intense and well organized. Another corporate from KPMG Advisory Services who was here as an advisory with Backes and Strauss was also highly impressed with the batch and said IIFT has a pool of excellent candidates having good skills in communication, International Policy and Risk Management.
Commenting on the offers that IIFT students have received, Mr. Prabir Sengupta, Director General, IIFT, said, The boundaries between international and domestic business are fast disappearing and it is in this context that IIFTians have an unbeatable edge."

Well if anyone need anymore information just post on this thread.I would be happy to respond.
Bhaskar Rana
MBA(IB) 2004-06

hi,
gr8 goings IIFT...i was there in the eaterie infront of ur campus commonly known in the Qutub area as iift dhaba..yesterday night...n witnessed the joy engulfing all the iiftians...Congrats...n keep rocking...

ciao..

hey bhaskar

good to hear that my dream institute has got such great placement record for the year...........

but i am having a problem as to how to go about preparing for their interview and also please enlighten as to how u prepared for the same........

Did u have any special training for it and how is the nature of gd/pi that takes place..

Thanks in advance......

Rahul

hey bhaskar...
must say that getting all the seniors placed(and how!!!) is the highpoint of my stay in IIFT so far..and am sure all the hardwork tht we (along with our faculty)put in will keep the IIFT flag fluttering proudly in the years to come..

am sure that another year down the line, when we will be bidding sweet adieu to our alma mater, each one of us will say that "even though we are "leaving" IIFT..we will be 'living' IIFT in our hearts forever..

as my fellow mates will say..GO IIFT GO !!!
ciao!

Vivek Saraf.
Class of 2006, IIFT.

funtastic season ending for u guys :drinking: Am really happy to know coz a coupla my own very good friends have been placed in good companies thru IIFT, and i was kinda aware of what was happening..........real good show guys........

My classes(yes, entire mba classes) have come to an end today........end terms start from tomorrow for us guys...... and i guess placements would be around third week of feb(date not disclosed yet)..............cant believe im actually done with this programme.........coz memories of me waking up at 3.00 in the morning to see if any calls are out.....to get excited at smallest of news of these bschools.....moments of joy and dissapointments, preperation for gd/pi, celebration for having gotten into mdi....all these are still very very fresh and i kinda feel scared when i realise im actually done with it.

Will keep you guys posted about our finals once they are done........and yes we at MDI are also hoping for a good season, like most of our friends from other bschools.

congratulations to the iift guys again, and ya.... reminding the iift 2005-07 batch aspirants that if u guys can hold forte and get thru the grind........there is success waiting for u at the end of the tunnel.....

luv
bingo

Thanks Bingo and curtz-imi for your responses.I am sure MDI is also going to rock Placements 2006.
Last day had been very intense and ended with an all nite long booze party :drinking:and now we have to concentrate on our classes as teachers are firing our mailboxes with submissions and readings.
Anyway my best wishes to fellow B-schoolers at MDI .I am sure you people are going to come up with flying colours.
see Ya
Bhaskar Rana
Class of 2006,IIFT

hey bhaskar, since the avg. salary also included foreign placements doesnt it mean that the avg domestic salaries were much lower than 7.28

The highest amd lowest packages given are for domestic only and international maximum is $75000 given by OLAM International-an international major.

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for posting the placement details .......and congrats IIFT class of 2005 for the wonderful placement....it's great to know u ppl are embarking on exciting career paths....

I needed answers to some doubts......hope u wld help me out...

1. It a person gets a lateral offer or a PPO then is he/she eligible for the normal placements?

2. How is PPO different from Lateral ?...the only thing that I can think of is that lateral is available to guys with work X....

3. How many months work exp is reqd for lateral? does this vary from company to company or is it fixed by the institute?

4. What is the min and max salary for international offers?

5. What are the min and max salaries for Laterals and PPOs separately?

6. How many companies gave international offers.....if possibel please give a list of these companies.........I have the list of companies that recruited from IIFT this year but I don't know which all give international offers

I hope u wld find time to help me out......

thanks for all ur help

Intangible

PS: I have got a final offer from IIFT....

Well its all internal policy decision the placecom takes about allowing people to sit in for normal placements......The answer is YES...but only in higher slotted companies plus there is a difference between lateral and a PPO
True Laterals for work ex.....i think thats what lateral placement means
The amount of work ex required varies from company to company
Go through the placement report once...you will find all the answers.....hope u might be able to elicit the breakup too...
Well its all internal policy decision the placecom takes about allowing people to sit in for normal placements......The answer is YES...but only in higher slotted companies plus there is a difference between lateral and a PPO
True Laterals for work ex.....i think thats what lateral placement means
The amount of work ex required varies from company to company
Go through the placement report once...you will find all the answers.....hope u might be able to elicit the breakup too...

Hi Bhaskar,

thanks a lot for ur answers...i was able to find out most of the answers to my queries regarding min and max salaries except the following:

min for foreign placement...

min for lateral...

min & max for PPO...

and the list of companies that recruit for foreign postings (as i said i won't be able to make this out from placement report unless you point it out explicitly.....sorry for that - i am a newbie)...

hope u find some time to answer these :)

thanks once again for all ur help and time

ciao
Intangible