ISB, Wharton, NUS, INSEAD, and IIM students to your help.

Hi,  We are the current students of ISB, Wharton, NUS, INSEAD and IIM.  While we were in your shoes last year, We faced a lot of challenges ourselves. So this year, We are launching this new initiative to help the potential students for the next class. As part of the initiative, We would be referring you guys for the program and help as much as possible.  

Please list down your preference parameters for selecting a business school?

Also, Please mention your gender, yours of work ex, place you belong.  

Please comment below:

(We need this to understand the biases that you currently have and address those issues)

Please give your preference to judge a business school?

A. Whether Tution Fee + Student Expenses is a critical factor for decision? If so,  please click on one of the options to depict your preference. 

• Yes, One Year MBA
  • Yes, Two Year MBA
  • No

0 voters

Hii, I am planning to apply at IIM Indore. I have GMAT of 660 and work experience of 8 years in HAL . What type of candidates IIM Indore wants. What are my chances. And in what way I should strength and weakness as student, incidence happened in life etc in the application form. Please help me with the same.

Hi, I am planning to apply in Round 1 to ISb. X-91.33%,XII-77.6%,BE-53%(Mumbai Uni) and 3 years in film industry and 3years in Software Development. My GMAT is 680. What are my chances of converting ISB? What other colleges will offer me scholarship + admission abroad?

CBSE(10th -89.3% 12th-93.6%) btech -NIT durgapur -66.14% 2016passout ,0 -work ex Category-OBC What minimum percentile is required to convert a decent IIM call.????

Hi I'm applying for eeo in October and have Gmat in about two weeks. My Xth percentage was 88.57(all subjects)  and 87.67(all subjects) for XIIth. I have a cgpa of 3.2/4 from Christ University Bangalore in a B. Sc in Economics Maths and Statistics. I graduated this year and have no work experience. Does having no work experience reduce my chances of converting an ISB. Also what other things should I mention to make my application stronger? 

I am a re applicant. Last year in R2 I did not get an interview call.
 GMAT  score of 690 ( Qa50, Va33)

10th Standard 92%

12th Standard 84%
Graduation: B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from BengalEngineering & Science University ( now IIEST) :  CGPA _ 8.25
Work Ex on 31st Mar'2017: 57 months
Company: Larsen & Toubro ltd.
Profile: Business Development (July 2015- till date) 1.Transferred to divisional department in Bangalore to handle marketing for pan India equipment sales business and dealer development. 2.Preparing cost estimates and estimating profitability and viability of new schemes or products also comes under my purview. 3.Part of a team  that organizes events such as EXCON which is South Asias largest Construction Equipment & Technology trade fair.  Formulate L&Ts new initiatives for new products in 2016.  Channel Sales & Dealer Development (July2014-June2015) 1. Assigned in charge of two dealers in U.P. & Singrauli, M.P Leading ~10 sales and service staff to ensure L&Ts coverage within the given territory.  Sales and Marketing (July 2012-June 2014) 1. Managed Sales & Marketing department of Construction Equipment Business of L&T in the U.P. and Singrauli, M.P.  2.Handled both corporate & direct customers.3. Used to conduct application studies.
Extra curricular: Average. Used to manage university fest & currently a part of the CSR activities of L&T.
I am planning to apply for R1 this time. Do I stand a chance??

Hi,

I am an Electrical Engineer working with India's biggest power transmission utility for 7 years mostly in operations and asset management roles.

Brief of my profile is as follows:

• GMAT score: 760 ( 51 in Quant, 42 in Verbal)
  • Graduated from State University in India in B.Tech  ( Electrical Engineering) with First div. with Honors (equivalent to 4 CGPA)
  • Throughout topper in School and among top 10 in UG Institute

Extra-curriculars:  

• Trained singer in Indian classical music (completed undergraduate degree in vocal music) and performed at various levels. Won prize in national level music competitions.
  • Won medals in Badminton in National level Inter power sector tournaments

Can you suggest the chances of my selection in ISB, Wharton and INSEAD?

can some one explain me how good is insead's virtual program of 3 months.there is no placement scenerio. How is it perceived in market

Hi, I'm a mechanical engineer with 69 months of work experience in L&T heavy civil infra. I have worked in construction projects like Ports and Underground metros. I have 91.64% in 10th, 89% in 12th grade and graduated as a branch topper with 81.03% aggregate from NMAMIT Nitte VTU.

Could someone help me with my application process? I'm trying to apply in R2 as i want to improve my scores in gmat. I have 600 (Q49, V23) in GMAT which i know wont suffice for ISB. So i intend to GMAT once again. I'malso willing to apply for 1 year programs at SPjain, IIMB, IIMA. 

Could someone brief me with the application process and how to go about it?

Hi,

I am a re-applicant for ISB. I am applying in R1. My essays are ready. Would anyone be up for an impartial look at them?

Thanks!

Hi.

I will be applying to ISB R-2 for the class of 2018.

Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile:

10th (SSC) : 86.00

12th(HSC): 69.71

B.E (Electrical Engineering, GHRCE, Nagpur University) : 7.64

Work Exp: 

Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years

Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months

Volunteering:

AIESEC in Nagpur: Vice President, Marketing and Information Management: 2 years

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?

Hi guyz I have done Bpharm and then MBA in pharmaceutical management from NMIMS and also have work ex of 3 years in top 5 pharmaceutical companies now I want to change my sector and increase my salary package. I am looking for a 1 year program from ISB Hyderabad Q Is it a good idea to do another MBA after MBA Q Will that program help me Q Can you suggest me some other good colleges Q How can I apply for ISB when is the exam and complete process and cut off required and my eligibility

Hey can some one tell me the avg placement scene with ISB with details of min and max placement value I have heard median placement is 15 lakh and on the site it is mentioned 22 lakh

Hi all! I am quite late here I suppose. But I have a few basic questions. I am an internee physician, fresh out of MBBS. I want to get into healthcare consulting firms and do an MBA for the same. I stil have 2-3 years before I apply as I need to gather enough work experience. But what are the job profiles iI should look for? I mean, working as a physician or medical officer only, won't amp up my application. so can anyone please advise me on that?

Hi! I am  an ISB Admit for the class of 2018.  I have created a helpbook for approaching SOPs for MiS, it includes research on MIS programs and sample successful SoPs, if you wish to receive a copy please inbox me, kindly don't comment on this post. 

Hi, 

Is international experience mandatory for INSEAD. I have worked in MNCs such as Oracle and Amazon and interacted with global stakholders regularly. I have travelled to US (for work) and bunch of countries in Europe and Asia for holiday. Should I be worried about this? 

Any top b school which accepts one year experience?

Hi all

My profile- X 91% XII 86.8% BE Prod BIT Mesra 7.51 ( 10 point scale)

Experience- 3.25 Years with FMCG major in Maintenance and project management roles ( Set up a manufacturing line~INR 30 Cr) 1 Yr for a failed startup

Gmat 720 ( Q 51 V 36)

Which colleges i should target

Any help will be much appreciated.