ISB waitlisted candidate 2008-09

Hi All, Maybe this is the first such thread …for “waitlisted” candidates only :slight_smile: But I thought it would be a good way for waitlisted candidates from R1 and R2 of ISB to communicate over a common platform. Congrats to all those w…

Hi All,

Maybe this is the first such thread ....for "waitlisted" candidates only :)

But I thought it would be a good way for waitlisted candidates from R1 and R2 of ISB to communicate over a common platform.

Congrats to all those who made it to ISB. But I am really hoping that some of the admitted candidates choose other schools so that others like me can get a chance to be part of the new batch

Hi
Good you took the initiative!
I am on the waitlist. Any idea how many of the waitlisted ppl make it?

One of my acquaintance got thru ISB and Chicago GSB.. No prizes for guessing where she is going.. So thats one down..

2nd friend of mine got thru ISB and Darden.. he is still contemplating where to go (he sud take Darden).. so that might clear one more log..

Myself- I still have interviews at couple of more places.. if something good happens then ill steer clear too.. So pray for me ;)

Hope this helps u guys..

Just want u to know that there are lot of people with multiple offers (go thru thr ISB thread and ull see).. so a lot of waiting list will hopefully move (Im no authority from ISB, but this is my guess).. so dont loose hope, keep ur fingers crossed..

Sam

No I dont. I was hoping someone else would have an answer to that ;-)

Anyways I have counted atleast 7-8 ppl from PG on the ISB waitlist....Obviously thr are others as well....

Hi
Good you took the initiative!
I am on the waitlist. Any idea how many of the waitlisted ppl make it?

I am praying for you.... May God lead you to greener pastures and me to ISB ;-)

One of my acquaintance got thru ISB and Chicago GSB.. No prizes for guessing where she is going.. So thats one down..

2nd friend of mine got thru ISB and Darden.. he is still contemplating where to go (he sud take Darden).. so that might clear one more log..

Myself- I still have interviews at couple of more places.. if something good happens then ill steer clear too.. So pray for me ;)

Hope this helps u guys..

Just want u to know that there are lot of people with multiple offers (go thru thr ISB thread and ull see).. so a lot of waiting list will hopefully move (Im no authority from ISB, but this is my guess).. so dont loose hope, keep ur fingers crossed..

Sam

I am in the same boat and I am really dejected.

I read in the following post that around 10% of wait list make it.

MBA Admission : ISB Hyderabad and other top B-Schools

Ya even I read that.
Lets hope the guys with multiple offers take something else.
Any cue whether round 1 n 2 waitlist is the same or have they been absorbed already?

Another month of waiting...

R1 and R2 waitlist candidates are in the same boat. I had called up ISB to ask this and was informed that all R1 and R2 candidates will be evaluated in March when seats become available after both the admission rounds.

I have been waiting from Dec 12th (when I was notified first abt my waitlist). Try and empathize with my state and you will feel better :-)

Ya even I read that.
Lets hope the guys with multiple offers take something else.
Any cue whether round 1 n 2 waitlist is the same or have they been absorbed already?

Another month of waiting...

Tweety, I can really empathize with you 😃 I just got added to the waitlist.
I was going thru mails on isb-pgp yahoogroup and saw that there is a remote chance of converting a waitlist to admit. Moreover, there is no clue about any order/priority on the wait list. So, there is no point guessing and anticipating for another month. If you get it, think that you have won a jackpot else better move on now 😃 thats how i see it.

I spoke to a guy who was wait-listed last year. He said, "for IT folks (i am one 😞 ) the chances are bleak. But, in general, a wait-list surely means better prospects of making it next year ". He was wait listed last year and got in this year. Now dont question me on that wisdom.
All the best everyone.

I somehow doubt the authenticity of the data that only 10% of the waitlisted candidates make it or even that there is a very remote chance... Conventional wisdom makes me believe that waitlisted pool should be just marginally higher than the number of seats that become available after both admission rounds...Too many waitlisted candidates mean more hassles for the adcom..

Of course I could be totally wrong. Maybe I am trying to be optimistic here :)

I wish some current student/alumni of ISB can throw more light on this....

Tweety, I can really empathize with you 😃 I just got added to the waitlist.
I was going thru mails on isb-pgp yahoogroup and saw that there is a remote chance of converting a waitlist to admit. Moreover, there is no clue about any order/priority on the wait list. So, there is no point guessing and anticipating for another month. If you get it, think that you have won a jackpot else better move on now 😃 thats how i see it.

I spoke to a guy who was wait-listed last year. He said, "for IT folks (i am one 😞 ) the chances are bleak. But, in general, a wait-list surely means better prospects of making it next year ". He was wait listed last year and got in this year. Now dont question me on that wisdom.
All the best everyone.

I too am part of "the" community. Had been waitlisted in R1.

I have been closely observing ISB 2009 community in Orkut, and hardly found anyone planning to leave ISB. :-| That said, I am hoping that something good comes out of it, as optimism pushes me to keep faith.

All the best to everyone!

Regards,
Richa.

Hi does anyone know how many of us are on the waitlist?
Any inputs from the last course regarding the absorption rate from the waitlisted category?

tweety32 Says
I am praying for you.... May God lead you to greener pastures and me to ISB ;-)

Well im atleast assured of some genuine prayers for me..

ok bad news is the darden friend has decided to go for ISB (Dont groan at me dude)..

And from what i have heard, ISB has poor wailist conversion rate.. So i personaly suggest start looking at other options (if u havent started yet).. Sorry and ATB..

One of my friend was on wailist last year.. She din not converted that year.. But she got an admit this year..

Sam

I know atleast the following ppl are there (includes you and me)

j7j4f5
tweety32
prafulnangia
bharat_bs
budugu
saintlydevil
whoisit
chicklit

Of course there may be others... No clue abt the second part of your question though

Hi does anyone know how many of us are on the waitlist?
Any inputs from the last course regarding the absorption rate from the waitlisted category?

That is indeed very sad...

But hope still lives on....:-|

Well im atleast assured of some genuine prayers for me..

ok bad news is the darden friend has decided to go for ISB (Dont groan at me dude)..

And from what i have heard, ISB has poor wailist conversion rate.. So i personaly suggest start looking at other options (if u havent started yet).. Sorry and ATB..

One of my friend was on wailist last year.. She din not converted that year.. But she got an admit this year..

Sam

Hi all,

I was waitlisted last year too. I am in the current batch (of 2008 ). And even though it is placement time, I could not resist sharing my thoughts.

I totally understand the kind of mental agony all of you are going through. I was waitlisted in round 1 and got my confirmation for admission on March 12th, 2007 (can't forget the date 😃 ). I waited a full 3 months.

I too was looking for stats on how many in the waitlist make it through and what are my chances and every new information either made me little happier or little more dejected.

The truth is that there are not many waitlisted candidates who make it to the batch (pardon me for being so blunt). Many admits pay the admit fee and do not turn up on the registration day for joining, taking admissions in various US or Europe B-schools. (you can hate them for that, they deserve it). ISB actually ends up keeping some seats empty as some candidates do not withdraw till the last moment.

My advice would be - be patient. There is no other option. Do not pin your hopes on it. I know I can say that easily coz I am here and it apparently does not make a difference to me. But believe me, if you've got to be here, you will be here. It feels really disheartning that you came soooooo close to something great, yet missed it.

I myself pursued other options and had admits from 4 other top 10 b-schools of India. I could take a call only because I had to option to go to other b-schools as well. Each one of you will be in a different position and it really is a totally personal decision as to how you deal with it.

ISB is a great place to be and it feels terrible if you cannot make it despite being so close. But, at least you made it so close.

Pardon me for being so blunt and/or vaguely philosophical. Perhaps it is the placement effect.

All the best to all waitlisted folks. Hope you make it.

-A

Hi realanks,

Do you have any stats from your joining year? How many made it from the waitlisted pool? I know your post was meant to make us think of alternative options too (if they come up) but cant help asking you this question. :)

Also can you post your profile (pre-MBA of course)? Additionally are you aware of what led the adcom to make a decision in your favor?

Thanks

Hi all,

The truth is that there are not many waitlisted candidates who make it to the batch (pardon me for being so blunt).

Hi All,

Have been reading pagalguy for last five or six months. Did not post any. But I could not resist to put the first post out here !! 😞

Yes, I too am a waitlisted candidate from R1, waiting since 12 December. And from what we get to hear, the scene does not look that brilliant in ISB.

And the dangerous thing is - ppl out here in the WL do have some great profiles (ctsy - yahoo group). However, good luck to me, and good luck to all of you.

SB

And the dangerous thing is - ppl out here in the WL do have some great profiles (ctsy - yahoo group).
SB

figure_out,

Which Yahoo! group? Will you be able to paste the link?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Richa.