ISB requirements

2 year exp in polaris software labs after B.E. in chemical will do for ISB hyderabad? pls anybody tell me how much Gmat score is expected for ISB? wat all u need for harvard.

2 year exp in polaris software labs after B.E. in chemical will do for ISB hyderabad?
pls anybody tell me how much Gmat score is expected for ISB?
wat all u need for harvard.

around 700 is a gud one.

i know this is an old thread...
but couldn't find a more suitable one to post my query...
well....
would an old gre score (year 2002) suffice?
(considering that ETS says it's valid for 5 yrs)

well....

Hey Suzie,
Even ISB accepts scores which are at max. 5 yrs old, but they prefer more recent scores. This comes from a friend of mine who passed out from ISB a couple of years back. Lemme know if you need any additional info.
well....

Though ETS says that the scores are valid for 5 years, schools generally prefer scores which have been obtained in the last 3 years.
Say, for admissions to the Class of 2007, schools generally require scores which are obtained after June/July 2003.
This is not a rule, but is more or less the standard practice.

- Ramki.

thanx ramki n duke...
i took gre in july 2002...
n soon after that the pattern changed...
so my score's on 2400...
n so...it seems like a really old score
*really* in no mood to devote time for gmat now!
hmmm...will decide later...
thanx anyway :smile:

Hi All,

This is my first post onthe website. I'm Kunal, currently working with a leading MNC as a software engineer. Would have 2 yrs of full-time experience by the time I leave my company. I'm aiming to get into the 2006 MBA Class of ISB. I heard from a friend that ISB has started accepting CAT scores also. Still, not very confident about the CAT. It's simply unpredictable. To me, GMAT looks to be more organised.

Jus wanted to know what GMAT score, u think would suffice, for me to make it to the school. also, any of you'll having almost similar credentials, and having got into ISB this year... plz share your experiences....

kunal.

Hi All,

This is my first post onthe website. I'm Kunal, currently working with a leading MNC as a software engineer. Would have 2 yrs of full-time experience by the time I leave my company. I'm aiming to get into the 2006 MBA Class of ISB.
kunal.

u mean class of 2007, right .....Class of 2006 interviews are currently on and the results would be out too by the end of this month

Cheers
u mean class of 2007, right .....Class of 2006 interviews are currently on and the results would be out too by the end of this month

Cheers

ya mod... u r rite... I meant the class that's starting in 2006 and ending in 2007....

hie guys... may be am of some help to u all
my bros has got through isb this yr.. he had a work ex of 20 months
and a gmat score of 750
he is a be from bit mesra and worked for a s/w company

hie guys... may be am of some help to u all
my bros has got through isb this yr.. he had a work ex of 20 months
and a gmat score of 750
he is a be from bit mesra and worked for a s/w company

I have a GMAT score of 670 and 2 years IT work ex....do i stand a chance at ISB?

Hi all
I'm currently working in a top MNC and really wanna go for MBA.. missed my chance last Year so thinking of doin it from ISB...
Wat all they look for in a candidate... any one has any ideas...
i'm a BE and so wat kinda Work Ex do they look for...
Plus is it true that ISb is accepting CAT scores now or is it GMAT only....
Anyone has any idea where i can have Mock GMATS...

I read a news paper article a few months back that Indian firms are skeptical regarding ISb cause of different format... does this hold water...

Help me plan as i've recently started working so want a head start in order to do things right
thanks

This is my first post, I am a graduate from nit,waragal 2005 passed out. currently working in cognizant.any body who are doing their mba in u.s. could u post the how the campus life, tution fee and expenses there. how GMAT score is reqired to get into top 10 b.schools in u.s.

2 year exp in polaris software labs after B.E. in chemical will do for ISB hyderabad?
pls anybody tell me how much Gmat score is expected for ISB?
wat all u need for harvard.
This is my first post, I am a graduate from nit,waragal 2005 passed out. currently working in cognizant. those who are planning for CAT-2006 can share their views with this thread.Perticularly who are week in reading comprehesion like me.
:)

Is it really *THAT* tough to look around for a min before you hit the submit button

And yes, I'd say you are *perticularly* mighty *week* in reading comprehension !!! This thread talks about ISB :huh:

HI,

This is my first post to this forum. I had a query about ISB's selection criteria. I am planning to apply to ISB for their 2007-08 session. I had heard that ISB accepts GRE and CAT scores as well for making a provisional offer.

However on going to their site (the link related to admissions criteria) I found that they had mentioned only GMAT and CAT as acceptable exams. Have they stopped accepting GRE scores?

ISB has stopped accepting GRE scores.

even the GMAT score needed for provisional admission to ISB via CAT scores has risen to 690 from the earlier 680

Hi, A small query

I am looking at ISB after i have 2 years of work ex. I have just joined s/w IT co.
My query is:
How much package a person (with an average B.tech marks and 2 years work ex in a software company) can expect after graduating from ISB..keeping in mind he/she is above average (but not in top packs) during the program at ISB.

Any approx range of package will also do to give a fair idea..as i understand that depends on many other things

I am just willing to know the returns that i can expect after the program at ISB...

thanking you in advance

mate,

this is a rather old thread. u can continue here.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aiming-for-isb-25015252