ISB Rejects - Next options !

Hello Guys, Time to cheer up and move on in life ! The basic purpose of this thread is to explore other better options we can create for ourselves. I hope we can collaborate well and compensate for our hard luck at ISB. Cheers.

Hello Guys,

Time to cheer up and move on in life !

The basic purpose of this thread is to explore other better options we can create for ourselves.

I hope we can collaborate well and compensate for our hard luck at ISB.

Cheers.

Other option in India can be

IIM L (Nodia campus )
Great lakes chennai
SP Jain Mumbai ( they hv one yr executive in mumbai too )

i guess imi delhi has also started executive programme but nt in same league as the ones mentioned above.

Guys here is what I see -

GMP XLRI
IIM Indore (not much info about this one...)
IIM 2 yr prog (ppl outside India for long time can apply with their GMAT scores) - But is it useful for 5 yr experienced folks? Dont know...

Guys, How about SP Jain Singapore/Dubai program?

Smirnoff Says

hey guys any idea how much is the expenditure and placement here

curse me guys but i am not one to settle for nethng less...guess i am egoistic in this this is my prospective school list: any pointers if i am gng right/wrong is highly welcome
1)LBS (R2)
2)Judges (R3)
3)Cranfield (app open up from Jan'10)
4) IE (undecide dbtwn April or Nov'10 intake)
5) ESADE
6) SDA Bocconi (undecided on this still)
I am interested in tech or gnrl mgmt profiles...basically i need top school, but with confirmed loan programmes (can't borrow much from india becoz of lack of collateral from my side),..any feedback on these schools/other programmes highly welcome

~Sinchan...

Smirnoff Says

i had a admit for last year intake i gave up...any info u need shoot
sinchan Says
i had a admit for last year intake i gave up...any info u need shoot

hey sinchan can u throw some light on the logistics mgmtat sp jain and ofcourse the placements
frmmarinertomba Says
hey guys any idea how much is the expenditure and placement here

Fees is around 20L again and placements statistics are well updated at www.spjain.org website.

Hope it helps !

Good to catch up on this thread.
How about INSEAD

No issues with ISB, but I think they are looking for more "placeable" candidates i.e. Just received the Kelloggs 1 yr Exec Prog admit 2 days ago. But I can't afford it, so giving it a pass.
In retrospect I think I should've been very clear about post-MBA goals and how ISB can meet them during the interview. So the interview is a make or break indeed.

I got in at IIMC so will join in all probability.

I have also been thinking of INSEAD, IMD. But the fees and the application effort is a bit of a downer. What do you guys suggest, should I give it a try ?

I got in at IIMC so will join in all probability.

I have also been thinking of INSEAD, IMD. But the fees and the application effort is a bit of a downer. What do you guys suggest, should I give it a try ?

I of my friend did his mba last year and he got a scholarship.Give a try and if you get scholarship cost would be more acceptable.
I am thinking on these lines as next step
Guys here is what I see -

GMP XLRI
IIM Indore (not much info about this one...)
IIM 2 yr prog (ppl outside India for long time can apply with their GMAT scores) - But is it useful for 5 yr experienced folks? Dont know...

Adabass, arent you applying to Chicago booth, Sloan ? I saw that in your status, so curious ?

IIM 2 yr program : is it useful for 5 years exp people ?

IMHO : yes, there are many who do it after 4-5 years. Chances of you getting a goldman/mckinsey job after this will be much higher than you getting the same jobs after ISB/IIM PGPEXs
No issues with ISB, but I think they are looking for more "placeable" candidates i.e. Just received the Kelloggs 1 yr Exec Prog admit 2 days ago. But I can't afford it, so giving it a pass.
In retrospect I think I should've been very clear about post-MBA goals and how ISB can meet them during the interview. So the interview is a make or break indeed.

Whats the fees for the kellogs 1 yr exec program and whats the class profile and scope like ?
Good to catch up on this thread.
How about INSEAD

the way i see insead:
1)top prog with v good curriculum
2) expensive
3) very bad financing options (like most other french schools like hec and essec et al)...only good scholarship + full loan from india will sail ppl like me thru.
4)lengthy app process is a sure dampner

#3 has become a deciding factor for me

~Sinchan...
pg_amit Says
Whats the fees for the kellogs 1 yr exec program and whats the class profile and scope like ?

Its about 120k for the fees alone. Living expenses in Chicago are about 15-16k USD per year. The class profile is pretty good. People with min 7 years of exp and usually sponsored by their company for fast track management positions. The downer is 1. Placement: As you might know in US B-schools there's no such thing as a formal placement process 2. Most of those guys are SMEs in their domain and not too many people from the IT domain either.

well guys after not accepted by ISB i am thinking about queens etc (canada as it is lil cheaper from USA and one year mba)

I have already applied to IVEY and NUS
and have interviews on 28th for both (life is always playing games with me) when these college are coming for world mba tour in delhi

ISB nahin to singapore ya canada sahi

I think whatever happened, happened for good, maybe i was not fit for ISB, lets see where my destiny takes me

ATB PUYS

Ok.. One question.. Does going for a CABM certification add any value?

1) How easy/difficult is that course?
2) It gives the green channel to ISB interview.. but I think individually it adds a lot of value if you are CABM/CBM certified.

Opinions people. I am for another beginning.!!!