ISB Placements 2007

Didnt see this posted…From ISB website News and Events, Media - Indian School of Business(ISB) ISB GRADUATES ATTRACT EXCELLENT PLACEMENT OFFERS Hyderabad, April 10, 2007: The Indian School of Business (ISB) concluded a successful sea…

Didnt see this posted...From ISB website

News and Events, Media - Indian School of Business(ISB)
ISB GRADUATES ATTRACT EXCELLENT PLACEMENT OFFERS
Hyderabad, April 10, 2007: The Indian School of Business (ISB) concluded a successful season of placements for its graduates, attracting excellent placement offers for the Class. The Class of 2007 had 416 students graduating the Post Graduate Programme in Management, of these 414 students participated in the placement process. Over 200 companies visited the campus during the last few months making a total number of 584 offers.

Speaking on the occasion, M Rammohan Rao, Dean, ISB, said, The placement results for 2007 have been outstanding. There has been a sharp increase in the CTC levels and our students have shown immense confidence in making choices that suit long term career prospects over immediate salaries.

Exciting New Sectors
The Class of 2007 received offers from a variety of companies and industries. The number of offers from Financial Services sector more than doubled to 97 offers this year while a large number of offers continued to come from Consulting companies. Companies from several new sectors made offers to ISB graduates, namely Real Estate, Oil and Energy, Media, Manufacturing, Microfinance, NGO, Education, Healthcare, etc.

Alternate Recruitment Models
This year, for the first time in ISB, a company recruited two groups of students as core management teams to run stand alone businesses. Two groups of 4/5 students were recruited together as the core management team for specific projects along with the full responsibility of setting up the project from Ground Zero and leading it to become a success. The company has offered students both CTC and equity stakes in the project making it an exciting and attractive option for students with an entrepreneurial bent of mind. The work experience of the students in the group ranges from 2 years to 11 years.

Destination India
An interesting trend witnessed at the ISB this year saw a large number of students opting for domestic offers. Many ISB students come with international work experience and after a year of learning and exposure to global faculty and management practices, they are keen to develop careers in India, said Ajit Rangnekar, Deputy Dean, ISB. Often, those opting for international offers were observed to be discussing the possibilities of returning to India with the recruiters. Increasingly, job content and location, are becoming top priorities for selecting an offer, added Rangnekar. Many of us look for challenging roles that give us the freedom for entrepreneurial expression, says Meera Sridharan, who has opted for a domestic offer after working in a multinational company in the USA. I was keen to be located in Chennai, near my family and I am happy that I got an offer from a company that had the flexibility to help me do so.

Dramatic Career Shifts
One of the unique platforms that the ISB provides is an opportunity for students to make career shifts. As always several students from the Class of 2007 have made dramatic career moves. From the automobile industry to banking, from the Transport Department to telecom, from being a doctor in the Armed Forces to a Fund financing NGOs, the Class of 2007 has made several interesting career shifts. I had learnt and grown a lot during my career in the Shipping industry, I needed to find new challenges. ISB changed my life, I got an excellent opportunity to refresh myself and find a new career that fulfils my ambitions and gives me a completely new perspective, says Vijay Nehra, who has moved from the Shipping industry to an FMCG company.

2007 Placement Summary
Over all, the Class of 2007 at the ISB has achieved excellent placement results. The average domestic salary was Rs15.03 lacs with the highest domestic offer being Rs 43.91 lacs. The average international salary was USD 135,000 ( Rs 59.5 lacs ) while the highest international salary was USD 269,000 (Rs1.18crores) The high CTC levels demonstrate the confidence that companies have in the high quality of the ISBs management talent, said Dean Rao. He also added a word of caution saying, We need to take a balanced view of international offers given by multinational companies. I urge everyone to use these figures in the proper context so that potential students may get the correct picture of what they can achieve in a management institution. The Class of 2007 graduated on April 7, 2007 at a grand ceremony during which Shri Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, was the Chief Guest. The new Class of 2008 will join the ISB on April 15, 2007.

Really an Excellent Showing by ISB.

However the report conceals more than it reveals.. :)

For example, the lowest salaries have not been revealed. Again, they have induced several subjective comments like Roles et al than giving any objective feeling.

Finally, ISB Marketing & PR team seems too obsessed with IIMs records. They never forget to mention IIM whenever drawing comparisons. This sometimes does appear ridiculous.

Another thing is ISB never give a breakup of salary like
All said and done. the Placements this year does emphasize ISBs increasing Brand recognition.

They Neither give stats on
Increase in Salaries
Change in sector Profile.

IIMA has given nice stats.
One Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives

They Neither give stats on
Increase in Salaries
Change in sector Profile.

IIMA has given nice stats.
One Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives

Yes..i guess they leak to media was just an eyewash...a publicity campaign by ISB. They did say that we also had a $2 L candidate but they never reveal the experience of the candidate. The average experience at ISB this year would be >5. Whereas IIMs soak up bulk of freshers and candidates with less than 3 yrs work ex. So its obvious which one is better.:satisfie:

duplicate post..

hey man..chill. stop comparing ISB to IIMs at every go. Its just apple and oranges. so stop.

Also, ISB has to advertise its placements. SInce thats what everybody cares about! If they didn't we would all be wondering if its because their placements are terrible.

ISB placements are good , but most of the other 1 Year MBA Programmes are at par with ISB in terms of placements: ISB probably has a bigger brand name because of the publicity it draws by calling leading politicians on campus.

>>> PGPX , IIMA ( AVG SAL : NA )

>>> PGDM (1 Yr), SP Jain , MUMBAI ( AVG SAL : 11.5 Lacs ; Highest : 27 Lacs)

>>> GLIM , Chennai ( AVG SAL : 9.5 Lacs ; Highest : 16 Lacs)

>>>GMBA, SP Jain, DUBAI/SING ( INDIAN AVG SAL : 11.0 Lacs ; INDIAN Highest : 24 Lacs)

>>>GMP, XLRI , Jamshedpur (AVG SAL : Data Not Available).

Deleted POST

Hello...the IIMA PGPX salary is not quoted correctly. It is 24.65 lacs. May be you want to refer to One Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives
Thanks!

Get Ur facts correct before start posting. It misleads people.

If u look at the average sal published by ISB, IIMA

IIMA : 24.65
ISB : 15 L

ISB doesnt give complete details

if u look at IIMA placements, it gives indepth details including lowest sal which ISB never gave till date and industry shifts.

ISB placements are good , but most of the other 1 Year MBA Programmes are at par with ISB in terms of placements: ISB probably has a bigger brand name because of the publicity it draws by calling leading politicians on campus.

>>> PGPX , IIMA ( AVG SAL : 12.0 Lacs )

>>>GMBA, SP Jain, DUBAI/SING ( INDIAN AVG SAL : 11.0 Lacs ; INDIAN Highest : 24 Lacs)

Sigh.... the ISB-PGP & IIMA/C-PGPX/EX debate reminds me so much of the INSEAD vs IMD debate in Europe....

Yeah, I mean everyone knows INSEAD is so much better! 😉 😛 hehe, just kiddin' man - just kiddin. I know what you mean - but sometimes threads like these are amusing to read.

The terrific media hoopla on some of the placements (CTC numbers, quoting top international salaries) makes for interesting discussions. Recently I was talking to a friend and I told her I was going to school to INSEAD. She gave me this 'you loser' look and asked why I did not try for an IIM - what will all their placements in 'crores'. I muttered something and let's say my discussion ended at that. I can tell you my reputation went down 2 notches after the talk ;)

baccardisprite Says
Sigh.... the ISB-PGP & IIMA/C-PGPX/EX debate reminds me so much of the INSEAD vs IMD debate in Europe....
necromonger Says
Yeah, I mean everyone knows INSEAD is so much better! ;). ... I can tell you my reputation went down 2 notches after the talk ;)

By that yardstick alone - my reputation would've been non-existent.

Good luck at INSEAD.

The average salary of IIMA-PGP is greater than 12.0 lakhs. It is ~14.0 LPA. And u mentioned PGPX avg as lower than it. That means companies are paying experienced fellas less 😃 Please check the facts before posting. I do not know from where you cooked up this figure of 12.0 LPA. As someone correctly remarked before the correct figure for IIMA-PGPX is ~24 LPA and the avg sal of incoming batch was ~17 LPA. Going by your facts, they took a substantial pay cut after the MBA.

And from where did GLIM etc. came into the picture. I do not want to get into the B-Schools comparison thingie, but at least do not mix apples with oranges.

Sincere Apologies for the wrongly mentioned IIMA Avg Sal figure.No harm was intended.

I had pickup this figure from an article i read in Education Times a couple of weeks back. I may have misquoted it. I would like to rectify the same.

>>> PGPX , IIMA ( AVG SAL : Data Not Available )

>>>GMP, XLRI , Jamshedpur (AVG SAL : Data Not Available)
The average salary of IIMA-PGP is greater than 12.0 lakhs. It is ~14.0 LPA. And u mentioned PGPX avg as lower than it. That means companies are paying experienced fellas less 😃 Please check the facts before posting. I do not know from where you cooked up this figure of 12.0 LPA. As someone correctly remarked before the correct figure for IIMA-PGPX is ~24 LPA and the avg sal of incoming batch was ~17 LPA. Going by your facts, they took a substantial pay cut after the MBA.

And from where did GLIM etc. came into the picture. I do not want to get into the B-Schools comparison thingie, but at least do not mix apples with oranges.

Facts were misquoted and i deeply regret it and have corrected it from my end.:oops:

I would appreciate if someone with accurate data on PGPX (IIMA) and PGPEX (IIMC) could post them here as i could not find it on their web-site.

As for the comparison of Apples and Oranges goes . I would like to remind you that when it comes to B-schools like ISB , there are very few options available in INDIA as of now, and due to this schools like GLIM (which are decent when it comes to placements) are in the top 10 (1 Yr MBA schools).

Regards.
I would appreciate if someone with accurate data on PGPX (IIMA) and PGPEX (IIMC) could post them here as i could not find it on their web-site.
Well Apurva,

The avg for IIMA-PGPX is ~25 (24.65) LPA. For IIMC, the first batch has not been placed (AFAIK), so the data is not out.

And the point in favor of GLIM taken.. Sorry for coining apples and orange thingie..

All this discussion about ISB does make u sit on the edge of ur seat n listen...
ISB has been takin a lot of peopl with varied backgrounds with experience of 2-3 years.. Now definitely the 1 crore placement goes to d peopl with gud amount of industry wrk ex spannin 5-9 years..
what i m eager to know is that how is d placement scenario for d 2-3 year work ex guys..(from non commerce or non engineerin background..) n wat kind of job roles r they offered..

I m assumin tat out of 400 students.. there r some odd 100 students with such a profilee/...
cud someone throw sum light into it??

akshra_fate Says
what i m eager to know is that how is d placement scenario for d 2-3 year work ex guys..(from non commerce or non engineerin background..) n wat kind of job roles r they offered..
I do not have any factual information on this but will offer a subjective take as elucidated by an ISB alum (frend's bro):

First of all, if you want to change the sector, forget it. There are very few options available for Commerce guys to choose Systems companies and still fewer for IT guys to choose Finance.

If u still wanna change, be prepared to work for a salary that sucks big time.

Then the general trend is a few of the 0-3 yrs work-ex guys with exceptional academic record gets lapped up by top firms like Mck, BCG etc. for entry level roles with a salary in the vicinity of 12 LPA. However the majority of Junta among these are placed in 8-10 LPA job and roles are mostly entry level managerial.

Lowest salary at ISB in his batch (last year) was 6 LPA. At IIMA this was 8 LPA despite SC/ST reservation