ISB Graduate bags $181,000 job

Check this out people… An article on ISB placements! Here’s the synopsis… Fact sheet: ISB placements 2005 Salary 1. Record international salary : $181,000 (Rs 80 lakh) 2. Average international salary : $100,000 (Rs 44 l…

Check this out people... An article on ISB placements! Here's the synopsis...

Fact sheet: ISB placements 2005
Salary

1. Record international salary : $181,000 (Rs 80 lakh)
  2. Average international salary : $100,000 (Rs 44 lakh)
  3. Highest Indian salary : Rs 20,00,000
  4. Average Indian salary : Rs 10,01,539
Placement statistics for Women
  1. Total number of women : 48
  2. Total number of offers : 63
  3. International offers : 4
  4. Highest salary for a woman student : Rs 20,00,000
  5. Average salary for a woman student : Rs 9,20,000
Percentage up in salary over 2004
  1. International : 19%
  2. Indian : 11%
Offers
  1. Total number of offers : 344
  2. Number of Lateral offers : 333
  3. Number of International offers : 31
Placements summary
  1. Total no. of firm that participated in the placement process : 149
  2. Total no. of students who participated in the placement process : 251 out of 273
Leadership Positions in companies
  1. COO
  2. Director - Operations
  3. International GM
  4. Division Head
  5. Associate
  6. Senior Associate Consultant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

These guys have been offered positions in middle and senior level management!!!

oops wat they teach in 2 yr that a person is elligible for that kind o salary that even a normal iim graduate will turn green at

i m not sure about the facts but if that is true, isb holds the record of highest national and international salary this yr .(last yr highest national and 2nd highest international )
gr8 goin ISB, ppl leave cat go for GMAT......

Excellent placements there....more than the money,what matters is that there are positions like COO and Int`l AGM that have been offered.......bet this will be music to fellow PGites who r going to ISB

Anish

Hi Nitin,

Just to clarify that ISB had the highest Indian and Foreign Salary last year ( 22 L and 153 K respectively). The companies were Goldman Sachs and RPG Group. (Incidentally the 22 L offer was not taken).

And yes, the highest this year in USD and INR has been ISB again...

Way 2 go ISB!

P.S. if you check their website, in the first year the figures were:
1. Highest INR : 28 L
2. Highest USD : 220,000 !!!!!! Lehman Bros

Can anyone beat that ?

Just went through ISB's website....
the average work ex of students is 5 years( at IIM it wont be more that 1.5 yrs)....
so there has to be some1 with 8 yrs workex as well....
now u cant hire them for US$ 100,000 (the highest a grad frm IIM with no workex gets )....
so if u dont have workex and join an IIM and then start with US$ 100,000 u can end up earning 180,000 before 5 yrs(in the end u did save ur 2 yr considering the course duration at IIM and ISB)...

I would rather wait for IIM A's PGPX b4 comparing ISB and IIMs...
i beleive that PGPX will beat all earlier stats....

Just went through ISB's website....
the average work ex of students is 5 years( at IIM it wont be more that 1.5 yrs)....
so there has to be some1 with 8 yrs workex as well....
now u cant hire them for US$ 100,000 (the highest a grad frm IIM with no workex gets )....
so if u dont have workex and join an IIM and then start with US$ 100,000 u can end up earning 180,000 before 5 yrs(in the end u did save ur 2 yr considering the course duration at IIM and ISB)...

I would rather wait for IIM A's PGPX b4 comparing ISB and IIMs...
i beleive that PGPX will beat all earlier stats....

dollar salaries (>$100000) at IIMs are for people with work-ex.

Niraj

didnt Deutsche Bank pay US$ 100,000 to ppl with no workex at IIM?...
at least i thought they did...
mebbe i m wrong...

nitin01_12 Says
oops wat they teach in 2 yr that a person is elligible for that kind o salary that even a normal iim graduate will turn green at

oops i thot ISB program is for 1 yr

nyways it is for 1 yr..........

saurabh
Leadership Positions in companies
  1. COO
  2. Director - Operations
  3. International GM
  4. Division Head
  5. Associate
  6. Senior Associate Consultant

now i know where i wud be 6 yrs from now for my second mba!! wonder what these guys wud be chargin as fees then!!

Just fyi, the highest USD offer was paid to a guy with 2 years work ex... he was 26.. Not a CA, not with any additional degree...

So i guess, the moral of the story is that Class tells, not age or work ex!.

Cheers !

Just fyi, the highest USD offer was paid to a guy with 2 years work ex... he was 26.. Not a CA, not with any additional degree...

Cheers !

Are u sure!!! Which co. hired him, and at what position? If you know...

According to an ISBian the job went to a person with 16-17 yr work ex...the job profile is COO Novartis India ...the guys was getting the job even without joining ISB ...that is wat he has heard ....if some1 can contact a guy from last yr batch(class of 2005)...it wil confirm the news

Cheers !

Hi,

Sorry dude, u got the info wrong, the person has about 2 years work ex, is around 26 and he did not get the role of COO!! his title was Sr manager.... COO Novartis would get like a million USD!!!!

Also, I happen to know him personally - thats why i am confident, he is NO WAY close to 16 years of work ex!!!! he did not have the job offer before ISB- in fact he was one of the last few ( 5 - 10 to be precise) to get placed , he was very selective - guess it paid off !!!!

The only thing that is right is that the company is Novartis !!

Hope this helps!

and of course ... needless to say, its was not Novartis india but Novartis Global Head Office in Basel, Switzerland!