ISB Early Entry Option , EEO - Class of 2016

Hi PGuys !! Follow this group to stay updated about the newly launched program, EEO , by ISB Discuss your Query's , thoughts and enhance your chances of admit to ISB with the Peer Support from this Thread Last Date for submissio...

Hi PGuys !!

Follow this group to stay updated about the newly launched program, EEO , by ISB

Discuss your Query's , thoughts and enhance your chances of admit to ISB with the Peer Support from this Thread

Last Date for submission of the application

CYCLE 1

September 15, 2014

CYCLE 2

November 30, 2014

Here are the Essays for EEO

ESSAY 1

Innovation or doing things differently it is said is a key to future success. Could you substantiate or negate this idea based on your experience. Please provide examples from your own experience ‚Ź €œ either examples of your own innovation or examples of others whom you have worked with. (300 words max)

ESSAY 2

Applying to and enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how you expect to benefit from the ISB experience in achieving your goals. (300 words max)

ESSAY 3

One of the following: A) This experience completely changed my way of thinking. OR B) An instance when you went out of the ordinary to achieve something significant, but in hind sight feel you could have done better. OR C) Tell us about your role in a team that made a significant contribution to the organization OR D) Contribution to peer learning and engagement with the ISB student body are important aspects of the ISB experience. What contribution do you expect to make in this direction during the one year at ISB. (200 words max)

ESSAY 4

Please provide additional information, if any, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (200 words max)

Good Luck Friends 👍

Here goes the First Post

This Link gives you an idea what EEO exactly is

Good Luck 👍

Hi @Sunil1989

Are you applying for EEO, this time?

What are your plans upto?

👍
@Llewellyn75 Please Pitch in and contribute your First Gyan to this Fresh Thread for the EEO aspirants

Thank you 👍

Hi,

I have doubt , I completed my btech in the year 2012, with work experience of 1.5 years .Am I eligible for ISB EEO program??
Regards

Hi Pguys !!

Want to know more about ISB and it's admissions

Register to an info session organised directly by ISB

Here is the link for the same

Good luck 👍

By when can a call be expected for interviews (EEO)? The application deadline was 30th April.

By when can a call be expected for interviews (EEO)? The application deadline was 30th April.

Were graduates of 2013 batch eligible for the EEO application process which had the deadline as April,30,2014?

@ISBmantra, @MansieDewanConsulting , @Llewellyn75 Can you please throw some light on to how important the RECO letters and the back ground check up that happens in ISB are ? Ideally how many months/years the applicant would have been in touch with his evaluator , for the best shot ?? 👍

Got my interview date: 5th June, 10:45 - Hyderabad.

Can I get an overview of what to expect on the interview day? What areas should I concentrate on for the interview.

Meet Team Admissions in #Mumbai on June 08 / or Future sessions and know more about our Post Graduate Programme in Management.

CHECK THEM AND REGISTER HERE :

Good luck Pguys 👍

hi i am a recent graduate from hansraj college and currently working as graduate associate in finance from the past 1 month.Could you please evaluate my profile for early entry option at isb.

10th- 93.8%
12th- 93.5%
graduation- 71%
extra-curriculars- junior diploma in dance and part of dance society in college.
social service- co-ordinator in nss,social service society of my college.

I also want to know what would be the best time to give gmat.

Hi Pguys,

Guess you are busy with your GMAT Prep

Do Remember , GMAT is not the only thing , It's right time now to start pondering over your Essays

Re-posting the briefing of @Llewellyn75  take on how to build your Essays How to start developing the essays?

Yes the start is usually the toughest and sometimes consumes up to 40 to 50% of the time invested in doing up the MBA essays. Well for starters go back to the basics and understand one thing that this MBA application is also essentially a selection process and there are fundamentally only two aspects to any selection from the recruiter's point of view: 1. What is it that the candidate brings to the table? And 2. What is the expectation of the candidate from the recruiter? Think about it even if you have ever hired a domestic maid servant (or a CEO for that matter) these have been the fundamentals of your selection. As an MBA applicant for you the 'Recruiter' is the school and you are the candidate. So start by asking 3 simple questions:

1. Who you are? - this will help you determine your diversity

2. Where do you want to go? and

3. How does the school fit into the scheme of things? - Both 2 & 3 will help make it very clear to you as well as the school what your aim is.The B School application is primarily an introspection exercise but with a twist.Start of by enlisting 'Who you think you are?' and do it like a brain storming session to come up with a long list of things you think will differentiate you. From experience I can say competencies you believe you have fit best in this list. I know it is tough but so did 304 of last years candidates also tell me... Today 286 of those who persisted with my advice are in ISB. For God's sake remember that by DNA you are different and thus if you think you cannot come up with anything differentiating about you, you have not thought enough.Once you have a reasonable long list get it validated by your most ardent critic. Women with mother-in-laws are at a distinct advantage here. Men too can try it with your father-in-laws but do not add too much soda to his Whiskey.Jokes apart connect with someone who knows you real well to validate this list and once done look at the list yourself to understand if this is what you think you can contribute to the class's knowledge quotient.Fit these differentiators in as things that made you do or think differently in the given situation in Essay 1. I am guessing cooking up the situation is the easy part.Now look at 'Where do you want to go?' Connect the dots carefully to show a logical sequence. Stick to fundamentals of knowledge and qualification based steps rather than drive, passion or even interest. If you are coding software and want to go into investment banking you will have to show what steps you have taken besides applying to the school to get there. MOOCs, Apprenticeships, probono work, reading, research,etc... all can come to your rescue here.While showcasing your aim (goal immediately after MBA) try and workout a way in which you can show that you have thought through your plan but are still flexible. This flexibility is important as it will help you depict humbleness. Now 'How does the school fit into the scheme of things?' Well this is the part most people get wrong. It is important for you to explain why you need that MBA so much in this part of the essay. Unnecessary references to Projects, Programs (ELP), People (faculty), Clubs, etc... just do not help. I have only been too amused to read that candidates who know nothing about the life at a B - School write about how they will participate and organize activities for a club. It is too obvious to a seasoned essay evaluator that your research about the school is restricted to either its website or at max an infosession. This will not be appreciated. Most schools expect you to know at least the why you need an MBA and you should not only be able to put this across well but also be able to defend it if interrogated. A good consultant may be able to help you on how to put your points across but you will still have to do the leg work and come up with the 'What.' So get up tomorrow... Have your cup of Tea and START working on that list... Llewellyn Desouza Good luck Friends 😃 PS:

If you have liked what you just read I deserve a 'like' and if you want to read more of stuff I write you can either 'follow' me here or on FaceBook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc...

Hi Pguys,

Here is an another important note from @Llewellyn75 

I am sure , this helps a lot

What The School Wants from you in the Essays?

I think by now you may have figured it out that there are 3 mandatory essays, 1 optional essay and 1 additional essay for re-applicants.

ISB essay 1: Innovation or doing things differently it is said is a key to future success. Could you substantiate or negate this idea based on your experience. Please provide examples from your own experience – either examples of your own innovation or examples of others whom you have worked with. 
(word limit: 300 words)

This is the 'Differentiation' essay. The School expects you to provide a frank opinion about how you would deal with a situation innovatively or differently. 

It is a no-brainer that they expect you to agree with the opening statement and build a case for doing things differently. You may want to use the term 'Thought Leadership'. They simply love it.

The school has taken in feedback from a lot of candidates with 2 to 5 years work ex on the essay topics of the last few years and has acted on it by allowing people to put in 'examples' of other peoples experiences. This way a candidate who may have not got a chance of doing anything substantial so far may also be able to demonstrate how things could have been different had his or her idea been implemented.

No matter how hard you try you are different like all other candidates applying... So give it a spin and your best shot.

If you choose to write about another's experience use lots of imagination to depict differentiation. 

Retro thinking will be appreciated but if I were you, I would stick to the basics of how an innovation changed things around for me.This is the most important essay with regards to getting shortlisted as it gets to make the first impression. If this essay is not interesting ... Chances are nothing further will be read. 

ISB Essay 2:

Applying to and enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how you expect to benefit from the ISB experience in achieving your goals. 
(word limit: 300 words)

This is the 'where do you want to go' essay.

Like every year this year too the School wants to know where and how do you plan to go career wise after your MBA.

It is important to clearly state what kind of a 'job' you are expecting from the school.

Be logical and reasonable in your approach and do not expect miracles. More importantly if you want to get selected be grounded. You may change your mind once you get into the school.

Not many people are interested in your long term goal and everyone knows that every MBA worth his salt wants to die an entrepreneur. So do not give the interviewers fodder to xxxxx you at the interview by making tall claims about what you plan to do 5 to 20 years from now.

If you can somewhat showcase how everything you have done so far in life is sequentially taking you towards the post MBA goal, and the MBA from ISB is the only missing link, you have the strongest case.  

ISB Essay 3One of the following:
A) This experience completely changed my way of thinking. [Learn-ability]
OR
B) An instance when you went out of the ordinary to achieve something significant, but in hind sight feel you could have done better. [Achievement Orientation] 
OR
C) Tell us about your role in a team that made a significant contribution to the organization [Teamer]
OR
D) Contribution to peer learning and engagement with the ISB student body are important aspects of the ISB experience. What contribution do you expect to make in this direction during the one year at ISB. [What do you bring to the Table]
(word limit: 200 words)

This is the 'what is your strength' essay.

This essay is set to make the life of the interviewer simpler. Each year before an interview starts, the panelists are to decide on what they are going to look for in candidate as his or her strength. 

If the candidate chooses to write essay A the panelist will assume Learn-ability is your strength, B then Achievement Orientation, C then Teamer and finally D then they will assume you are a super achiever and will test your ability to contribute to the class with your unique strengths. 

Unless you are God's gift to mankind do not choose D.

No one expects you to be a General leading Troops to war so if you choose C explain how you played your role as a team member inclined towards making the team succeed.

If you are a high achiever and believe that not luck but your hard work got you success then choose B.If you have learnt on the job by doing and done it well choose A.           

ISB Essay 4 ( optional)Please provide additional information, if any, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. 
(word limit: 200 words)

This is the 'Something extraordinary' essay.

While you may use this essay to explain various unconventional decisions in your life, what the school is actually looking for here is the X factor. 

You may further use this to differentiate yourself or explain why an MBA is most vital for you at this juncture of your life. In other words use this additional 200 words to reiterate either Essay 1 or Essay 2.

For God's sake do not waste this in explaining why you took a break after your 12th and attempted JEE one more time.  

PS: I appreciate karma points and thus a 'like' will go a long way. You may also follow me for more informative posts like these

Good Luck 😃

Hiii everyone, 

Please clear my doubts about EEO. 

I got the following marks :

X 75% NIOS/ XII 64% JAC

BBA 7.5 GPA

I have working since completion of graduation in my father's company ... 

What are my chances ??

Hi! I would like to know my chances at ISB EEO.

My profile: X:92%, XII: 92%, B.E. EEE from BITS, Pilani: 9.04/10

I'm working at Intel as component design engineer for past 12 months (since graduating). Before that I did 5 months internship in ARM as part of under-grad curriculum.

I haven't given GMAT yet. What are my chances? How much GMAT score would suffice?

Hi! I am an ADMIT to the first batch of EEO at the ISB. I am here to help out with profile evaluations. 

i have 79% in ICSE 89% in ISC and 68 in graduation from St Xaviers Kolk BBA let me know the chances for EEO