ISB Class of 2015 aspirants

Hi, With all calls made for ISB class of 2014, and the last few interviews left. It is the perfect time to start looking at the future and start preprartion for class of 2015. Cheers

Hi,

With all calls made for ISB class of 2014, and the last few interviews left. It is the perfect time to start looking at the future and start preprartion for class of 2015.

Cheers

Yelloo.. It's high time I build up my profile for CO2015, just in case I intend to apply for ISB again 😃

Please count me in

Me too 😃

I m in....its high time we should get started with CO2015...may i request all to start with their profiles..

@Insomaniac09 said:
I m in....its high time we should get started with CO2015...may i request all to start with their profiles..
Not so soon mate. Sharing my profile again will spiral down my mind into the infinite dark hole! Discuss about ISB and we are in for it :)
@raghupro

i have seen ur posts in co2014 threads...i must admit,u have an elegant style of writing....

if u insist we can start with isb discussions...dos & donts....and i m looking more into strengthening of my profile...self evaluation at this juncture for the forthcoming session is important...whatsay?

@Insomaniac09 said:
@raghuproi have seen ur posts in co2014 threads...i must admit,u have an elegant style of writing....if u insist we can start with isb discussions...dos & donts....and i m looking more into strengthening of my profile...self evaluation at this juncture for the forthcoming session is important...whatsay?
That is indeed true. After going through the mentally hectic schedule for R2 I totally made up mind to apply for R1 next time and I just started off with my GMAT prep as I personally feel that my GMAT score is the weakest link in my profile.

And as far as the other part of my profile goes there is nothing really that I can strengthen in a period of just few months now. I just have to repack the same stuff into a more glittery and attractive package and if things go well in the next few months I might be able to showcase something better as well!
@Insomaniac09 As far as the do's and don'ts go I have only one suggestion for ya. Make sure you complete the whole application process soon and apply for R1 itself, don't even have an option of applying to R2 in your mind.

And if possible, complete your GMAT before you begin with your application process. Have a clear 2 months period to complete your application.
@raghupro Agree with you !! :-)

@Insomaniac09 said:
My profile in brief,

CA with 1year ,10 mth experience till date, graduation from college of business studies, decent acads and extra ciricular activities. Work profile- income tax law only
@raghupro

yeah....u r right...i intend to giv gmat by march end. so i will get the time to work on my profile. my frnd, who is now in isb, also adviced me to apply for r1. chances are indeed high with a higher score in the first round.
Hi All..

I am also in. Applied in R2 for Class of 2014. Dinged without a I\V call. Applied with low GMAT of 640. I strongly feel that this was the only hindrance for not getting a call. But before jumping onto any conclusion i would like to wait for ISB's HOLISTIC reject reason.

My profile in a nutshell. I have 4.5 years of work ex in both business development and IT. Started a marketing venture 2 years back and witnessed commendable achievement and projecting my self as a future entrepreneur. Good ECs and and acads.

My work experience, achievements are comparable with others. But i am banking on my Entrepreneurial experience.

My 2 cents :: Even though ISB evaluate the application holistically we need present ourselves in a way that we are perfect fit for them by showing prowess in every aspect that matters in selection process. It is not advisable to apply with less than 680 GMAT, being the average is 710. I agree that people with 610 also made it to ISB for Class of 2014. But they have TRUELY EXCEPTIONAL profile.

If you have decent profile and non IIT candidate aim for 720+.
@Dicist said:
Hi All..I am also in. Applied in R2 for Class of 2014. Dinged without a I\V call. Applied with low GMAT of 640. I strongly feel that this was the only hindrance for not getting a call. But before jumping onto any conclusion i would like to wait for ISB's HOLISTIC reject reason. My profile in a nutshell. I have 4.5 years of work ex in both business development and IT. Started a marketing venture 2 years back and witnessed commendable achievement and projecting my self as a future entrepreneur. Good ECs and and acads.My work experience, achievements are comparable with others. But i am banking on my Entrepreneurial experience. My 2 cents :: Even though ISB evaluate the application holistically we need present ourselves in a way that we are perfect fit for them by showing prowess in every aspect that matters in selection process. It is not advisable to apply with less than 680 GMAT, being the average is 710. I agree that people with 610 also made it to ISB for Class of 2014. But they have TRUELY EXCEPTIONAL profile.If you have decent profile and non IIT candidate aim for 720+.
Welcome to the club mate. I have a low GMAT score of 640 as well and I am entrepreneur as well :D

I have a workex of 4 years with 2 years of running my own startup. Even I was actually planning to wait till ISB's official review and then start preparing for my GMAT but that will leave me with very little time which I want't to avoid. I started preparing for my GMAT just 2 days ago and I am planning to give it by July end if I score about 750 in mock tests.

One more major disadvantage is that we need to showcase some commendable change in this one year (the 4th essay) coz we will be re-applicants.
@raghupro - Thanks Bro. I see it in this way. We have 7 more months to achieve something and showcase it. If not we can say that we have immensely improved in the specific area they mention in the reject reason. Only the time will tell which one to choose to work for us.

As of now we can only concentrate on GMAT. Will hit back harder with sophisticated GMAT. They won't have any other option than admitting us.

@Dicist

Pls. elaborate TRUELY EXCEPTIONAL profile. How is that a guy with 610 gets a call , and that with 640 and entrepreneurial experience doesn't?

@
@Insomaniac09 said:
@DicistPls. elaborate TRUELY EXCEPTIONAL profile. How is that a guy with 610 gets a call , and that with 640 and entrepreneurial experience doesn't?@Dicist
There are many other aspects to a profile. His need for an MBA, his experience, his essays and what not. The guy that I know of with a 610 MBA has 13 years of experience in defence and has even led a team of 150 members with off shore experience in Israel. Isn't that extraordinary? :)
@Insomaniac09 - I am sorry i can't answer that question till i get the reject reason. Basically we can't compare two different stream profiles. We both are from different background. Being an entrepreneur doesn't mean exceptional but different. ISB might have got exceptional entrepreneurs with better GMAT score.

So please pardon me for now. Will get back with a well rounded answer once i get the reason.

@Dicist

Sure